A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91652 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2013 08:51:29 AM »

Craftster wouldn't load for me last night, so I couldn't post my projects.  *pout*  Oh well.  Here they are this morning.  Smiley

Rockmygypsysoul- Yes Ma'am.  I feel the same way.  I try not to get excited, but then I hit a manic phase and ALL THE PROJECTS MUST BE DONE!!!!! Rwar!!!  (And my mom is a calm Ravenclaw who sits there and get them all done with extra credit.  Lol  It's like she's *mocking*  me..... *Read in overly elaborate paranoid evil scientist voice*  Lol 

Inselaeffchen- Thank you! Cheesy  It does seem to be *sorta* working.  I'm passing right out, but I'm using good judgment in my dreams..... so I'm not sure if that's an improvement.  ROFL  I hope you get better soon!!!  Sinusitis is no fun at all.  Sad  PAPER CRAFTS!!!!  I'm learning they can be QUITE fun!!! Cheesy

lovesclutter- *blushing*  Thank you so much. Cheesy

The Mad Quilter- O.O  You blow my mind!!! Cheesy  Congrats on the AWESOME win!!! Cheesy  I love your quilt square!!!  The concept and execution are amazing!!! Cheesy

Dolphin Girl- I like your drawing of a lion.  Smiley  It's VERY well done. Smiley

noodle-bug-  *deep breath*slow deep breath*  NOPE!!!  Didn't work.  I'm panicking WITH you now!!!  lol  Smiley  We would *never*  yell mean things at you.  Smiley

Nicajeanie- I have a happy song too. Smiley  Nice collage.  Love the different style crosses on your bracelet.  Smiley I love your pennant and where am I.  What fun!  Cheesy

Netchez- Maddy L O V E S her hat!!! Cheesy

Techicolor Aquaheart- Your ghosts are adorable!  Smiley  Your cakes look delisious.  (OMG Is that a JOY mug!!??!!! : )

WhistleFish- TOTALLY sounds like Nargals to ME!!! Smiley  Can't wait to see your afghan!!  I'm afraid to even ATTEMPT an afghan. O.O

Jennieingram- That sounds like a lovely gathering. Smiley

Moonflame- AWESOME!!!  AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!  They ARE pretty!!! Cheesy  (And *comfy* too!)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Cinnamon
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: A Slytherin Teapot Cozy for AnnoyingLittleSister
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I had a COMPLETELY different project in mind for this, had pulled out the lumber and the whole nine yards, and then, on town day, LittleSister got a new teapot.  She loves her new teapot, but she had NO tea cozy and as she is diligently slaving over a plastic stove to put pretend food on our plates I thought she very much NEEDED a cozy for her new teapot.  Smiley  Plus.... with all the hats I've been crocheting it was kinda like crocheting a hat for the house. LOL  Now I've NEVER crocheted ANYTHING like this before.  I winged it (or wung it.... either or).  It has LOTS of increases and decreases (many times in the SAME row).  There is definite shaping to this cozy.  This is the FIRST time I've ever crocheted a hole.  I'm very proud.  I feel like I MAY be able to learn how to crochet mittens now.  I've wanted to crochet mittens for years, but never had the courage to attempt it.  The cozy is held onto the pot by a Sytherin button inspired by the apple cozy I saw crafted this Summer semester.  Smiley  The button was printed out onto dollar store shrinky dink material and shrunk in the table top oven. I painted it with clear nail polish to make it shiny, but now I can't take a picture of it where the crest shows up. Sad  And, of course, it's topped off with a great bit honkin' pompom.  Just cause.  (Is it just ME or does the pompom make this teapot look like the head of a crested chicken???)  Smiley  I'm really very excited how my crocheting skills are increasing so swiftly.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions Class
Project Name: Herbal Teabags for AnnoyingLittleSister
Brief Description: Lemon Zinger for sore throats, Sleepy time for relaxation, St John's Worth to control nerves, and Red Raspberry Leaf to increase breast milk production.  These felt teabags measure 1 1/4 square, have 4 inch long cotton strings, and 1 square felt labels.  The labels are color coded for LittleSister who doesn't read yet.  I also made her two coffee bags, so I can have pretend coffee when she force pretend feeds me in bed. Smiley They are stuffed with real tea/coffee.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W* Cloth Baby Wipes *S.P.E.W*
Project Name: *S.P.E.W* Cloth Baby Wipes *S.P.E.W*
Brief Description: Last night I developed a pattern for a newborn prefold, and a doubler.  It's been a long time since I've sewed doublers (I still use the ones I sewed for #3.  The great thing about cloth dipes is that they can be used by subsequent babies.), so I measured and drew and cut out a pattern.  It turned out to be 10 long and 4 wide.  They are 4 layers of flannel, and are serged around the edges.  They can also be used as dipe inserts for newborns. I've never sewn newborn prefolds (babies only use them for a month or two when they are very small.  I always used doublers or trifolded washrags.), but a lot of people like them so I expect to sew around 2 dozen.  This one is a top and bottom layer with a 2 extra layers in the center.  When folded that's 8 layers of flannel.  I can't wait to bust out the new flannel tomorrow.  I completely ran out of scraps making these. 
 I have set myself the personal goal of sewing cloth diapers, covers, and wipes for two babies this Fall Semester.  They will be donated to the local baby pantry.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2013 09:06:00 AM »

That uu church sounds cool :-) Sunday assembley is rather more atheist in general ... Most of us don't believe in a god or afterlife or any of that and i suppose the 'sermons' and sing choices are informed by that ethos, but the idea of general niceness  is the same :-D

Oh, and I LOVE the giant Pom-pom on that tea-cozy!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013 10:31:09 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2013 11:09:29 AM »

What a great start to the semester everyone!!  I'm so impressed with all of the projects so far!  I'd also like to take a minute to welcome all of our first years - WELCOME!! - we are so glad to have you and I hope your having a great time exploring the castle.

I would also like to congratulate NETCHEZ on earning a Prefect Badge!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2013 12:33:59 PM »

That UU church sounds pretty cool, as far as churches go.

It is!  You'd like it Abbee, it's full of lots of liberal tree-hugging hippies.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2013 01:26:27 PM »

That UU church sounds pretty cool, as far as churches go.

It is!  You'd like it Abbee, it's full of lots of liberal tree-hugging hippies.  Wink 

lol...that *is* right up my alley... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2013 01:37:17 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Cinnamon
Project Name: A Slytherin Teapot Cozy for AnnoyingLittleSister
Brief Description: I had a COMPLETELY different project in mind for this, had pulled out the lumber and the whole nine yards, and then, on town day, LittleSister got a new teapot.  She loves her new teapot, but she had NO tea cozy and as she is diligently slaving over a plastic stove to put pretend food on our plates I thought she very much NEEDED a cozy for her new teapot.  Smiley  Plus.... with all the hats I've been crocheting it was kinda like crocheting a hat for the house. LOL  Now I've NEVER crocheted ANYTHING like this before.  I winged it (or wung it.... either or).  It has LOTS of increases and decreases (many times in the SAME row).  There is definite shaping to this cozy.  This is the FIRST time I've ever crocheted a hole.  I'm very proud.  I feel like I MAY be able to learn how to crochet mittens now.  I've wanted to crochet mittens for years, but never had the courage to attempt it.  The cozy is held onto the pot by a Sytherin button inspired by the apple cozy I saw crafted this Summer semester.  Smiley  The button was printed out onto dollar store shrinky dink material and shrunk in the table top oven. I painted it with clear nail polish to make it shiny, but now I can't take a picture of it where the crest shows up. Sad  And, of course, it's topped off with a great bit honkin' pompom.  Just cause.  (Is it just ME or does the pompom make this teapot look like the head of a crested chicken???)  Smiley  I'm really very excited how my crocheting skills are increasing so swiftly.  Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions Class
Project Name: Herbal Teabags for AnnoyingLittleSister
Brief Description: Lemon Zinger for sore throats, Sleepy time for relaxation, St John's Worth to control nerves, and Red Raspberry Leaf to increase breast milk production.  These felt teabags measure 1 1/4 square, have 4 inch long cotton strings, and 1 square felt labels.  The labels are color coded for LittleSister who doesn't read yet.  I also made her two coffee bags, so I can have pretend coffee when she force pretend feeds me in bed. Smiley They are stuffed with real tea/coffee.

OMG OMG OMG, just LOVE that cute tea cozy!!! Something to maybe look into for the Hobbits' tea set, as well as tea bags - their tea set came with paper ones, which have - of course - been totally destroyed from use.

Am trying to make a birthday card for FIL and hope I can use it in the challenges/classes to hand in at least something this week...

Now looking for patterns for a Cafetiere Cosy (don't have a tea pot at the moment)...

@Moonflame - the pattern for those pads look like the ones my friend is making for "Days for Girls". I never thought of making my own pads, maybe something to look into...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2013 02:04:49 PM »

first, have to say...midskiffsjoy, I.LOVE.THAT.COZY!!! Grin

*fly-by project post*

Class: Arithmancy
SPEW: Mother Bear Project
Charity Link: http://www.motherbearproject.org/
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Mather Bear #1-Arthur
Brief Description: This is my first ever Mother Bear; I can tell it will not be my last. Smiley  Mother Bears are sent to children affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations to to providing comfort and hope.  This is done by giving them a gift of love in the form of a hand-crafted bear.  This ability to touch something and feel comfort embraces the meaning of four, but moreover, the wholeness of four applies, for we can affect and care all those within our world.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2013 02:13:04 PM »

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Wine & Cheer Charm Bracelet

Project Page Link:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=427224.0#axzz2e3Nrhqwm
Brief Description: "Jera is the rune of harvest and reward for right actions in a naturally ordered process.  It is the rune of peace on the land and in the heart... It contains many more profound secrets than does our common involvement with linear time, calendar dates, and the clock."  You know what else symbolizes the harvest, and a reward for right actions?  What else brings peace to the heart, and unlocks profound secrets? A glass of wine at the end of the day.  Cheesy  There is something so very *right* about a quiet night, a book, and a glass of cabernet savignon.  This is my ode to both Jera, and the humble glass of wine.  The The charms include grapes, champagne bottles, wine cask, wedge of cheese, bottle with grapes, cork screw, bottle, pear, case of wine, food & wine basket, goblet, caviar, and pair of champagne flutes.  The beads are a mix of glass, crystal and semi precious stone in shades of grape, burgundy, rose, and champagne gold.

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2013 03:10:35 PM »

YAY, I got a finished item!! Cheesy

Class: Frog Choir
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Marking the time (birthday card)
Brief Description:  Birthday card for my FIL's 67th Birthday. I kept the colours mostly to green (frog skin) and silver/grey (tree frog skin).

Huh, sorry for wonky photo - I thought I'd rotated it ok before uploading...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2013 05:42:27 PM »

Winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award.  But we don't like to talk about that.  Much like Fight Club.  

Hee, hee.

Anyhow, WOW! Some awesome projects going on here! I am having Craftster withdrawal...and had to poke my head in here to take a peek at the fabulousness I'm missing.  Embarrassed Working diligently on B2H swap and will eventually get to tackle some classes. Love seeing everyone's projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change the Value of Opacity in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Lock the Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Rename and Duplicate Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Change the Stacking Order of the Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...