A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 167657 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dolphin girl
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013 01:09:09 PM »

i am excited to be submitting my first project! (turned in as a team project with my sister panda bear). we spent most of saturday working on it. we are both hufflepuff.
my mom is jenleahlynn, she is a gryffindor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
docnessie
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013 01:28:22 PM »

Hello!  I think the sorting hat had some trouble figuring me out, but in the end, I am Gryffindor! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013 01:52:56 PM »

Hooray for new students!! Welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
lynnieangel
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013 02:25:56 PM »

---*schedule change* Frog Choir: You have been selected to be a member of the Frog Choir this term!  So in lieu of your Apparition studies, you will be singing and croaking.  But before you can officially join, you must find yourself a frog as your partner.  Go out and find a froggy friend.  Then, show him off in your submission.  Note: You can show for your frog as a whole or by focusing on one part/characteristic.

[/quote] do you need an actual frog? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonChilde
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013 03:45:43 PM »

Am I permitted to PM in an OWL proposal as it is part of a swap and I don't want my partner stumbling upon it? Excited to be back for the fall semester
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013 03:57:47 PM »

I love that monopoly board - the chance cards are so funny Smiley

dragonchilde, submitting  an OWL by PM to pinkloe & jennie is fine - we have had people do that before for swaps, especially when HP swaps are running Smiley

first project...
Challenge: SPEW
House: ravenclaw
Ravenclaw extra credit: muggle studies
project: gingerbread dinosaurs Smiley
so... I baked these to sell at a fund-raiser for our sunday assembly*. We had all stalls with stuff on sale, a raffle, silly games, etc... and there was a big cake stall selling whole cakes to take home... but no one was planning on selling just simple little cupcakes / biscuits that people could have there and then with a cup of tea. So I stepped in at the last minute with some dinosaur gingerbread, whipped up at a disgusting hour of early this morning.

ravenclaw extra credit:  inspired by jurassic park, of course! but i had to eat all the 'raptors (and the t-rex) before I put them in the cookie tin, otheriwise they would have terrorised the other biscuits. So there were just veggie dinos left to sell Smiley

*it's .... not church. It's a weekly get together for non-believers - everyone is welcome. It happens on sunday mornings, and we have a couple of speakers who talk about philosophy, sometimes a short book reading, and a choir, and we all sing together... umm.... so, nice community of like minded people supporting each other and coming together to celebrate the good things in life.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013 05:23:26 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies, felt badges,or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
bookie0013
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013 05:55:17 PM »

I think it's time I joined in something on this site  Cheesy I've been snooping around like a creeper, afraid to post anything, ha!

Anyways, I'm not sure how much I'll get to do since I work full time and take 3 online classes (a lot more homework than you'd think! sheesh), but I'm going to give this my best effort!

Nice to meet you all, can't wait to start crafting!

P.S. I think I was born a Slytherin  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TooFewShoes
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013 06:23:30 PM »

I started this project in August, but only finished it up today. Therefore, I'm starting the Fall Semester with a Detention.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention

House: Ravenclaw

Project Name: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bracelet

Brief Description: Charm bracelet made out of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.

Project Pictures:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TooFewShoes/BraceletShot2.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TooFewShoes/BraceletLongShot.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TooFewShoes/BraceletShot3.jpg

I saw a bracelet like this for sale on Etsy, but I didn't really like how they'd done the bean charms. So I decided to make my own.

I am such a geek that I decided to model the charms after the beans I've found on Pottermore. I did take some artistic license with a few of them, but mostly I tried to make them look like the pictures on that site.

These are made of polymer clay, painted with acrylic craft paint and mounted on a silver tone chain to fit my tiny wrist.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013 06:38:01 PM by TooFewShoes - Reason: Picture links didn't work! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookie0013
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013 06:34:01 PM »

TooFewShoes - your links lead to an error page!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013 06:35:11 PM »

---*schedule change* Frog Choir: You have been selected to be a member of the Frog Choir this term!  So in lieu of your Apparition studies, you will be singing and croaking.  But before you can officially join, you must find yourself a frog as your partner.  Go out and find a froggy friend.  Then, show him off in your submission.  Note: You can show for your frog as a whole or by focusing on one part/characteristic.

do you need an actual frog? Huh
No! You do not have to submit a frog as a whole, though you could.  You could concentrate on a part or characteristic of a frog.  Just make sure to use your description to explain what part/characteristic you are highlighting. For example: "A frog's skin is protective, has a respiratory function, can absorb water and helps control body temperature." One could make a dishcloth that absorbed water or a hat/scarf that would help control body temperature to show off your frog's skin.  Learn about your new frog buddy; for extra fun, you can check out the muggle frog wikipedia page.  Hope that helps! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...