A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91373 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dolphin girl
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013 01:09:09 PM »

i am excited to be submitting my first project! (turned in as a team project with my sister panda bear). we spent most of saturday working on it. we are both hufflepuff.
my mom is jenleahlynn, she is a gryffindor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
docnessie
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013 01:28:22 PM »

Hello!  I think the sorting hat had some trouble figuring me out, but in the end, I am Gryffindor! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013 01:52:56 PM »

Hooray for new students!! Welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lynnieangel
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013 02:25:56 PM »

---*schedule change* Frog Choir: You have been selected to be a member of the Frog Choir this term!  So in lieu of your Apparition studies, you will be singing and croaking.  But before you can officially join, you must find yourself a frog as your partner.  Go out and find a froggy friend.  Then, show him off in your submission.  Note: You can show for your frog as a whole or by focusing on one part/characteristic.

[/quote] do you need an actual frog? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013 03:45:43 PM »

Am I permitted to PM in an OWL proposal as it is part of a swap and I don't want my partner stumbling upon it? Excited to be back for the fall semester
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013 03:57:47 PM »

I love that monopoly board - the chance cards are so funny Smiley

dragonchilde, submitting  an OWL by PM to pinkloe & jennie is fine - we have had people do that before for swaps, especially when HP swaps are running Smiley

first project...
Challenge: SPEW
House: ravenclaw
Ravenclaw extra credit: muggle studies
project: gingerbread dinosaurs Smiley
so... I baked these to sell at a fund-raiser for our sunday assembly*. We had all stalls with stuff on sale, a raffle, silly games, etc... and there was a big cake stall selling whole cakes to take home... but no one was planning on selling just simple little cupcakes / biscuits that people could have there and then with a cup of tea. So I stepped in at the last minute with some dinosaur gingerbread, whipped up at a disgusting hour of early this morning.

ravenclaw extra credit:  inspired by jurassic park, of course! but i had to eat all the 'raptors (and the t-rex) before I put them in the cookie tin, otheriwise they would have terrorised the other biscuits. So there were just veggie dinos left to sell Smiley

*it's .... not church. It's a weekly get together for non-believers - everyone is welcome. It happens on sunday mornings, and we have a couple of speakers who talk about philosophy, sometimes a short book reading, and a choir, and we all sing together... umm.... so, nice community of like minded people supporting each other and coming together to celebrate the good things in life.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013 05:23:26 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
bookie0013
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013 05:55:17 PM »

I think it's time I joined in something on this site  Cheesy I've been snooping around like a creeper, afraid to post anything, ha!

Anyways, I'm not sure how much I'll get to do since I work full time and take 3 online classes (a lot more homework than you'd think! sheesh), but I'm going to give this my best effort!

Nice to meet you all, can't wait to start crafting!

P.S. I think I was born a Slytherin  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TooFewShoes
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013 06:23:30 PM »

I started this project in August, but only finished it up today. Therefore, I'm starting the Fall Semester with a Detention.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention

House: Ravenclaw

Project Name: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bracelet

Brief Description: Charm bracelet made out of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.

Project Pictures:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TooFewShoes/BraceletShot2.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TooFewShoes/BraceletLongShot.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TooFewShoes/BraceletShot3.jpg

I saw a bracelet like this for sale on Etsy, but I didn't really like how they'd done the bean charms. So I decided to make my own.

I am such a geek that I decided to model the charms after the beans I've found on Pottermore. I did take some artistic license with a few of them, but mostly I tried to make them look like the pictures on that site.

These are made of polymer clay, painted with acrylic craft paint and mounted on a silver tone chain to fit my tiny wrist.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013 06:38:01 PM by TooFewShoes - Reason: Picture links didn't work! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookie0013
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013 06:34:01 PM »

TooFewShoes - your links lead to an error page!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013 06:35:11 PM »

---*schedule change* Frog Choir: You have been selected to be a member of the Frog Choir this term!  So in lieu of your Apparition studies, you will be singing and croaking.  But before you can officially join, you must find yourself a frog as your partner.  Go out and find a froggy friend.  Then, show him off in your submission.  Note: You can show for your frog as a whole or by focusing on one part/characteristic.

do you need an actual frog? Huh
No! You do not have to submit a frog as a whole, though you could.  You could concentrate on a part or characteristic of a frog.  Just make sure to use your description to explain what part/characteristic you are highlighting. For example: "A frog's skin is protective, has a respiratory function, can absorb water and helps control body temperature." One could make a dishcloth that absorbed water or a hat/scarf that would help control body temperature to show off your frog's skin.  Learn about your new frog buddy; for extra fun, you can check out the muggle frog wikipedia page.  Hope that helps! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set Up a Face Painting Booth
Trick Out Your Model Train Layout
How to Make a Plastic Bowl Tambourine
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Harmonica
How to Customize a T-Shirt
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...