A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,408
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 140370 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jellybean89
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: November 21, 2013 07:56:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean: Dirty Socks
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Zippered Pouch
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I made this zippered pouch to give to my sister for her birthday.  I used this tutorial, but I made it a different size. Making this was my first time using the zipper foot on my sewing machine; it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Tongue
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons: September
Project Name: Braided Rag Rug
Brief Description: I used this tutorial to make a braided rag rug out of some old bed-sheets. I started making the braid in July, but put off actually sewing it together. I sewed it by hand this time, but next time I'll be using my sewing machine. (I only used the braid I had made in my before picture; I'll used the rest of the rag strips to make another rug.)
Project Picture:
Before:

After:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons: November
Project Name: Granny Square Blanket
Brief Description: I started this blanket last December and got to the final round before setting it aside. This challenge was a good reason to finally finish it; I just had to finish the final round and sew in all of the ends (my least favorite part). Tongue
Project Picture:
Before:

After:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology, SPEW
Project Name: Brown Cat Toys
Brief Description: For Herbology, I crocheted some brown cat toys inspired by the bark of the Whomping Willow. The toys will be donated to my local animal shelter.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: November 21, 2013 08:18:41 PM »

Oy, it seems like forever since I posted a project on here...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Project Name:
Hand-drawn ATCs
Brief Description: The DADA assignment was to "demonstrate your strength of character and will to resist the Imperius Curse by undertaking a personal crafting challenge."  For me, resisting the urge to print out, trace and copy an online source image, and drawing "free-hand" instead, represents a personal crafting challenge in my lino-block prints and ATCs.  I get so nervous when I am drawing things for other people,  because I want to make them perfect.  But I am also working on improving my drawing/art skills, so as my friend would put it, I am trying to "embrace my inner wabi-sabi".  I made these two cards for the same person (one for a personal swap, and the other for the Holiday Ornament ATC Swap).  
Project Picture:

(The second card is of "Mite", a creature from the video game Ni no Kuni.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013 08:29:29 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    Mistress Jennie
    Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #772 on: November 21, 2013 08:38:15 PM »

My good wishes and thoughts are with you Erin!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde
    « Reply #773 on: November 22, 2013 03:01:36 PM »

Moonflame ~ I love working with my quill and the ink well is very inspiring, it puts me in the perfect witchy mood!
    vincentvanbuck ~ Your fabric house ornament is fantastic! I have the same difficulty with drawing I really love your ATCs
    MamanTattoo ~ I love that the Hogwarts uniform you made! That hand tree is a wonderful idea! Congratulations on completing your NEWT, I love how it turned out and the little label in the corner is adorable!
    jellybean89 ~ I really like the bright colors you used to make cat toys! I love the colors of the rug made form old bed sheets! Congratulations on finishing the blanket!
    Acadian Driftwood ~ That Chai concentrate recipe looks great! Your rosemary wreath is wonderful, I bet is smells fantastic!
    Nicajeanie ~ The colors of (in?) the granny squares are perfect! I really like the almond and green colored hat!
    netchez ~  Your hats are fantastic! I love the ornaments!
    Magpirate ~ Your penguin is so cute! I want to hug it! I really like the snowflake cards, the swirly blue coloring is fantastic! the picture frame you decorated is beautiful in is simplicity. The Santa that you carved is amazing
    BadWolf314 ~ What a clever use of Magic cards, I love how colorful the ornaments turned out! I really like the Ravenclaw shirt and the house pride pants as well. PJs are a bit of a holiday tradition in my family as well, although we open them on Christmas day.
    WhistleFish ~ What a wonderful way to remember to be thankful! I love the colors you used. I really like the little poem you wrote on the card.
    tiamatfire ~ Those hedgehog cookies look delicious! I love the green sweater! The Christmas cards and tags that you made are fantastic! They add the perfect personal touch.
    coulsenl ~ Diaper cake I don't know what to say. I love the paw print bookmarks you made. The baby quilts you made are fantastic!
    noodle-bug ~ It is super exciting that someone asked you to knit something for them! That cowl looks very warm indeed. I'm no whovian but I like the altered book you made!
    FiberAlchemist ~ I love love love the tree skirt you made! I really like the green you used for your frog choir hat. Fantastic flying whale! The Hogwarts bookmark is positively perfect! I really like the pattern of stripes on the duct tape clutch. That throat soother sounds fantastic and I love the idea of the shower smoothie. I too learned that it is a very bad idea to name any animal you hope to transfigure, Martin sure is a cute hedgehog! That Gryffindor quilt is beautiful! I love the pattern on the blue hat you made.
    Ant Bee ~ I will miss your S.P.E.W. bulletins next year, though congratulations on the job!
    Inselaeffchen ~ I really like the coffee mug rug!Your little Dalek is very cute! I really like the style e you chose for the bunting.

The best of wishes to you Erin.

Today is Advanced Studies Friday and I am happy to report that I have been making progress on my NEWT. I have finished with the second aett of the elder futhark and even found some rhymes for scrying. I also wrote out two more tarot card descriptions, the emperor and the hierophant.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
    House: Slytherin
    Project Name: Hazel the Hedgehog
    Brief Description: I, like FiberAlchemist, learned that it is a bad idea to name any animals that you are supposed to use in Transfiguration class. I can't bear to turn this little guy into a pincushion now, so I am giving him to my little brother.
    Project Picture:
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
    noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #774 on: November 22, 2013 04:00:36 PM »

I just thought I'd give you all an update on my friends fund-raiser that I and moonchilde did SPEW work for - the raffle raised 420 (!) which is way more than they had even dared hope for, an the event as a whole looks like it's going to come in somewhere around 1500+ which is just amazing!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
    netchez
    « Reply #775 on: November 22, 2013 06:21:11 PM »

Class: Alchemy
    Ravenclaw Extra Credit:  DADA - Quirell, Umbridge, and Snape
    Project Name:  The one never ending granny square afghan
    Project Page Link: You Tube - the never ending quilt
    Brief Description:  This afghan was designed to be a lap robe fo my sister-in-law for Christmas.  She LOVES Texas A & M, and I love pink, so I picked A&M purple/burgundy (Quirells turban), Umbridges pink, and Snapes black as the colors for the ghan.  This was supposed to be a really fast ghan to crochet but it took a lot longer than I thought since I couldn't bring myself to quit.  I almost kept going onto infinity...  My wand just wouldn't work on it for some reason, so I had to make it the Muggle way.  I was surprised how good the colors looked together and it works beautifully to cover my legs while I am sitting here crafting.
    Project Picture:

Note:  My owl is sick and the computer wouldn't recognize my iPhone so I could transfer pictures so I had to e-mail them to myself. 
    Muggles do have some weird ways of doing things

Challenge: Bertie Botts Bean - Dirty Socks
    Project Name:  A shopping bag for Joy
    Brief Description:  Joy loves pink and she loves my grocery bags so I decided to combine those loves and make a bag to give away.  I have been modifying the past bags that I made to make them a little larger since we live far from the store and we dont like plastic.  I chose Peaches and cream cotton yarn in strawberry pink stripes (2 balls) but I ran out and couldnt get more so I finished in coton candy stripes instead.  I gave it to her and she liked the use of the two different colors
    Project Picture:

Challenge: DA - Sign the Parchment
    Project Name:  Signature Market Bag   
    Brief Description:  Since attending Hogwarts, I have discovered crochet, something I have not done in over twenty years.  After doing hats and things, I discovered market bags and fell in love.  Its almost like an obsession with me.  I cant seem to quit!  I start something else and always seem to wind up working on a bag anyway.  I plan on giving some bags for Christmas presents since I have made so many different ones.  Here are some more.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
    Moonflame
    « Reply #776 on: November 22, 2013 07:19:46 PM »

Noodlebug, that is FANTASTIC news!!!  Hurrah!!!

So many cool projects here.  I wish I had more time to comment.  I'm loving all of it! 
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
    panda bear
    « Reply #777 on: November 23, 2013 01:05:46 PM »

class/challenge-dirty socks + spew
    house-hufflepuff
    project-halloween cake for cake walk

class/challenge-dada
    house-hufflepuff
    project-panda pumpkin

we had a pumpkin decorating contest at school for halloween. the challenge was that we weren't allowed to carve it. so i had to come up with diffrent ways to decorate it. i wanted to make a panda, i love pandas. i painted the actual pumpkin black and white for the body. next i slipped a styrafoam ball over the stem as a head i glued on eyes made out of paper and drew a nose and mouth with a sharpie. for the arms legs ears and tail i used fuzzy black pom pom balls  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
    Mistress Jennie
    Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #778 on: November 23, 2013 03:06:45 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Just a quick pop in to let you all know that I'll be back tomorrow morning with a new Bertie Bott's Bean Challenge, and a long overdue Witch of the Week post!  Also in personal news, my ballet is finally open and I can return to regular life.  Cheesy  (I'm actually going to see it tonight with friends.)  Expect me to be around much more now. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #779 on: November 23, 2013 06:14:21 PM »

my newt is finished!  i can't post pictures til Tuesday or Wednesday, but it's done!!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
    Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 86 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
    Beef Stroganoff Recipe
    Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
    Mac and Cheese Recipe
    Grilled and Boiled Corn on the Cob Recipes
    Boston Butt Steak Recipe
    Latest Blog Articles
    Folding in the New Year!
    Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
    The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies
    Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...