A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 309,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 111049 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #760 on: November 18, 2013 08:51:29 PM »

DAILY PROPHET REPORTS S.P.E.W. REVIEW CALL FOR ENTRIES
(AND EDITOR)

By Rita Skeeter

Darlings, I'm sure you haven't heard the latest scandal in the publishing world... Ant Bee, editor of the Weekly S.P.E.W. Review, (Hermione Granger-Weasley, Founder) has been so bold as to get a job in a muggle retail estbablishment. With her new muggle *smirk* responsibilities she doesn't seem to have the time to devote to her editorial duties... It's positively revolting! What self respecting Witch would...

(... Well, you didn't hear it from me, but I heard she made some interesting dance moves in one Red-Headed gents direction at the Halloween Ball and well... *Knowing glance over bright red rims*)

The position looks like it will be open for the next semester and any interested parties should PM the powers-that-be to throw their pointy hat in the ring. It's a prestigious position encouraging the good and more fortunate crafty Witches and Wizards to use their powers for the less fortunate. This reporter, for one, looks forward to reporting on the new editor when one is named on December 1st.

In the meantime, be sure to pick up a copy of my new book for everyone on your gift-list this season. Coming out on the American Thanksgiving day is my next best-seller: Free Elf: The Unauthorised Biography of the REAL hero of Hogwarts. Find it at Flourish and Blotts, all yarn emporiums and your local S.P.E.W. Chapter meetings this month!

~Rita Skeeter is an international sensation and best-selling author. Adoring letters can be sent to her by owl at the publishing house.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #761 on: November 19, 2013 09:35:53 AM »

challenge; house pride
house; ravenclaw
project;
take an old book, and use cardboard, tissue paper n paint (ravenclaw blue, of course) to make it River Song's journal....
hollow it out... (note the book title)

and fill it with jelly babies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Moonflame
« Reply #762 on: November 19, 2013 03:46:04 PM »

Noodlebug!!  That.  Is.  AWESOME!  Smiley  Excellent book choice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
WhistleFish
« Reply #763 on: November 19, 2013 05:44:10 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: S.P.E.W. "Dementor Repellent for the Aquahearts"
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Happy Package!
Brief Description: I put together a little package for ErinAquaheart. Nothing too big. Just a few odds and ends and sweets I picked up. I made one little thing to put in there (it's a surprise so I won't mention it.) I will, however, share the card I made to put inside the package. That doesn't ruin the surprise too much I would think. I also lost the tracking # promptly so hopefully it gets there.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

« Reply #764 on: November 19, 2013 06:46:55 PM »

class: potions
house ; ravenclaw!
project; prevention is better than cure
a keep well cowl Smiley

same pattern as last one, different yarn (pure wool verses this alpaca blend) and colours - this is a softer, girlie version for the new girlf  Cheesy (yep, her of the paper flowers for a date a couple of weeks back - my origami gets me all the chicks;) )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #765 on: November 20, 2013 05:52:11 AM »

noodle-bug, I freakin' LOVE your River Song's Diary project!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #766 on: November 20, 2013 06:46:41 PM »

WhistleFish: your package arrived safely but I haven't had a chance to open it yet. I went to Texas to see my family and just returned so I'll have fun opening it tonight!

Just an update on my situation: I am having surgery again very soon to repair some damage that the chemo did to my colon, prevent further damage, and give all of my colon a chance to truly heal from my first surgery.  I am thinking that it will be sometime this next week and I won't be able to return to Hogwarts to work on my classes until after (USA) Thanksgiving.

Can't wait to return (hopefully with new class assignments to turn in)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

« Reply #767 on: November 21, 2013 10:33:17 AM »

Hi erin, good to hear from you! Best wishes for the surgery  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #768 on: November 21, 2013 01:12:38 PM »

Was just thinking of you this week, Erin! Good to hear from you, and I hope that the surgery will go ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #769 on: November 21, 2013 01:33:57 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Muggle Studies
House:Slytherin
Project Name:Coffeeeeee
Brief Description: I've been looking at the "daily grind" (as the muggles tend to call it?!) and there are LOTS of people who seem to spend lots of muggle money on COFFEE. Tons of different Coffee shops are coming up, and the muggles tend to run around with those plastic (or cardboard?) cups with the hot brew.

I've made this mug rug for a swap, and my swap partner loves her coffee. First time for me doing a mug rug, and I usually only touch my sewing machine once in a blue moon (and I think I used this up for the Jawas costumes this year). Last time I did any quilting/patchworking is 4 years ago for my mum's 60th. Wink I'm actually quite pleased with the result.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Bertie Bott's Beans "Dirty Socks"
Project Name:EX-TER-MI-NA-TE
Brief Description: I made this little Dalek for the OSDWT swap on here - just in time for the 50th Anniversary. I hope my swap buddy will love it. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride:DETENTION (November Challenge)
Project Name:Christmas Bunting Swap
Brief Description: At my local crop we decided to have a Christmas bunting swap. Everyone was assigned a letter to spell out "Merry Christmas", and I just never managed to get things sorted until last week Saturday (the day of the swap). It was quite a feat, too, given that my twins hid the crank of my cuttlebug, nobody at the crop had their Cuttlebug or other cutting machine with them and the crop-owned Sizzix (the big old red one!) couldn't deal with the dies I wanted to use! Shocked
So it was a hand cutting frenzy really, to get everything done in time (with help of some friends). But I managed to get all "E" buntings done... Phew!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013 01:46:15 PM by Inselaeffchen - Reason: Adding more entries into one post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Tamarind
What Is Sambal
What Are Panko Breadcrumbs
What Is Palm Sugar
What Are Pandan Leaves
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...