A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 92608 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #680 on: November 04, 2013 05:52:24 AM »

Hi Everyone!  I know it's been ages since I last posted.  Part of the trouble was that I'm finding it difficult to come up with projects to fit my last few classes, and part has been lack of time.  I've been crafting like CRAZY!  I did a table in a craft show on Sat (signed up about 2 weeks in advance and had to really craft a LOT, LOL!)  I discovered Decoden several weeks ago, and made a bunch of stuff to sell.  Sadly, I only sold 2 of my deco items Sad  but I plan to make a lightbox today and take pics so I can put the rest on Etsy.  This is only a small portion of what I made.  I'll try to figure out how to make the other things fit my remaining classes and challenges (or just post pics if I can't figure it out, LOL!)  

I LOVE Decoden, by the way.  TOO much fun.  

Class: DaDa - Personal challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Sweets Galore!
Project Description: I made these "cupcake" trinket boxes and decorated compact mirrors using silicone caulking for the frosting.  I put a frosting tip into a baggie with the corner cut out, squirted in the silicone from the big gun and frosted as you would a cake.  The decoden cabochons are a mix of purchased sweets and pearls, and sculpey sweets that I made myself.  Glitter and sprinkles came from the nail art section at the dollar store, as did the mirrors and containers.  The tiny glass bottles from the glitter will be great miniature potions bottles!

I also made the tiered cake stand with dollar store items - a big plastic tray, a medium metal plate, and a small plastic plate, with upside-down champagne glasses (plastic) hot-glued between the tiers.  I count this all together as a personal challenge, because this was a lot of work with a new-to-me craft, and I finished the number I set out to make - 10 of each. (1 mirror sold. Tongue The other deco thing was a magnet.  I'll show those later.)
Project Pics:

Class: Divination
Project Name: "Wintr is Cumn"
Project Description: After studying the actions of my 3 cats, I believe that it's going to be a COLD winter.  This means that lots of ways to stay warm will be necessary, including copious amounts of hot drinks, and mug sweaters to keep everything as cosy as a curled up cat.  Molly Merula drew the happy cups for me. Smiley
Project link: These are based on Patty, from Ravelry, but I did my own thing for the loops (I came up with a way to crochet them into the holder), and changed up yarn and cast-on here and there.  A bunch of these will make their way to family and friends for Christmas.
Project Pics:

Challenge: November Detention
Project Name: Mille Fleurs
Project Description: I've had the material for these cut for ages, and finally made them up.  These are SOME of what I made.  I did all the house colours, too (but I made those back when I cut everything, so didn't include them.)  They have alligator clips on the back.  We mostly use them for hair, or for clipping to hairbands, but I sometimes clip one to a sweater, backpack, etc.
Project Pic:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013 06:32:15 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Moonflame
« Reply #681 on: November 04, 2013 08:55:12 AM »

I have a Q for whomever knows the answer.  Can we count projects as S.P.E.W. even if they don't fit any classes?  I make Boy Scout scarves for the new boys in my son's troop.  I buy the material and make them from scratch, but the patches are given to me by the troop.  Would making those count?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #682 on: November 04, 2013 08:59:11 AM »

I have a Q for whomever knows the answer.  Can we count projects as S.P.E.W. even if they don't fit any classes?  I make Boy Scout scarves for the new boys in my son's troop.  I buy the material and make them from scratch, but the patches are given to me by the troop.  Would making those count?
YES!  SPEW projects can be stand-alone. 
And yes, I would definitely count your scarves as SPEW work. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #683 on: November 04, 2013 09:15:44 AM »

*project fly-by post*

Challenge: BEAN-Almond
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Squares of my son's Green Dreams Ghan
Pattern Links: African Sun by Edith E Smith (free & ravelry link), Cherries Jubilee by Mary McKnight (free)Catalina Afghan Square by Julie Yeager (free, Ravelry link), Crown Jewels by by Melinda Miller (free, Ravelry link)Eight Pointed Flower by Julie Yeager (free, Ravelry link), and Harriett Square by Carolyn Christmas (free, Ravelry link)  ...note, I did make a few mods to these patterns
Brief Description: I'm working on a request from my son, a green ghan.  He picked the colors, and I've been working on 12" squares ever since.  I'm going to need 36 squares, and I would love for him to have his ghan before winter is over.  Fingers crossed.  For my bean, I present my "Going Nuts" Squares; it amazes me the seemingly endless pattern ideas for squares!
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name: Wildcat Pride Scarf
Pattern Link: My Team Forever (LW3557) by Nancy Smith
Brief Description: My poor son has the Mumblemumps!  Oh, so terrible.  I whipped up this scarf with a mild heating spell so he can wrap it around his neck and/or face to give a little relief.
Project Picture:

SPEW: PRR Squares
Project Name: Squares for PRR
Brief Description: More squares for PRR Smiley
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #684 on: November 04, 2013 11:24:26 AM »

Those squares are fabulous! PM to follow... Wink

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
WhistleFish
« Reply #685 on: November 04, 2013 12:42:24 PM »

Challenge: Almond Bean
Project Name: Pumpkin Seeds!
Brief Description: We carved four pumpkins so we had a lot of seeds as you could imagine. Using this challenge as inspiration, I looked around at what we had in the kitchen and made FIVE different types of roasted pumpkin seeds. In order as seen below: Salted (1), Garlic Parmesan (2), Sriracha (3), Taco(4), and Cinnamon Sugar(5). They all actually turned out pretty good (especially the Sriracha!) except that I didn't quite cook them long enough. The husband says that we can just pop them in the oven for a couple minutes more. I'm not sure if that's an option or not but I'm open to suggestions!
Project Picture:

Pinkleo - I love your squares! How do you get them to all be the same size even though you have so many different patterns? I think I'd royally mess that up somehow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #686 on: November 04, 2013 02:52:26 PM »

those cupcake mirrors are so cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
stillatthetop
« Reply #687 on: November 04, 2013 03:47:32 PM »

Yup. Another pop in the oven is just what those seeds need! Catch them before they get a moisture mildew to them! They will turn out dandy. Let cool a while in each "flavoured" batch. They will still be roasty, toasty. They look GOOD! You have the right jars for them, just make sure that they cool and the "steam" is off of them. Keep shaking as they are a baking! You will be good to go!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
WhistleFish
« Reply #688 on: November 04, 2013 04:32:25 PM »

Thanks stillatthetop! I think I'll do that tonight. They're edible now but they're just not right, you know? Thanks for the advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: November 05, 2013 05:29:32 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Just a reminder: The Have a Drink in the Hog's Head Challenge ends on November 6th.  There will be a new Join the DA! challenge posted on November 7th.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crab Ravioli Wontons w/ Chef Susanna Foo at Gourmet Kitchen
How to Make Steamed Dumplings
How to Order Chinese Food in Chinese
All About Sushi
Which Sushi to Try for the First Time
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...