A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 92516 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: October 19, 2013 05:51:07 AM »

(Before I forget, my name's changed from consultingcorsair to 3plyproblem)
I just spent the last couple of hours going through all that I'd missed on here, and wow!  Shocked You've all made so many wonderful things, it's really inspiring.
I've had my first class ready to share for a couple of weeks now. I need to be less forgetful or I'll end up with Detention, heh!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: CoMC
House: Hufflepuff!
Project Name: Homesick Slippers
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I knitted these slippers as a gift for one of my dear friends, who's just started her second year at university. She's from up North but goes to uni quite close to where I live. Hopefully these slippers will keep her feet warm when her halls get cold, and help her cope with the harder times of being so far from her family. (Like noodle-bug, I got caught out by the variegated yarn, so my friend will be getting one orange slipper and one blue one! It's my favourite yarn ever, though, and super-cosy, so it could be worse.)
Project Picture:

Do I get bonus points for wrapping them in tissue paper from the Harry Potter Studio Tours?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #571 on: October 19, 2013 09:45:40 AM »

howdy 3ply, welcome to Team Dobby!  Wink your mismatched slipper socks are great, the green colour in both ties them together as a pair
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Naantje
« Reply #572 on: October 19, 2013 01:31:43 PM »

Wow, there have been so many great projects recently! I feel like I should be taking the time to comment on more of them, but I'll keep this as a general "Keep up the good work, gals!" to all of you. I think team Dobby has it all figured out, socks really don't have to match, they have to keep your feet warm! I've become frustrated with matching socks and with orphan socks, it takes too much time, so when doing laundry I now do a more general matching. Who really cares that one black sock has a 5cm border and the other one has a 2 cm border? Or that one striped sock is red, orange, yellow and the other one is red, blue and yellow? Not worth my time!

Today I've once again experienced the therapeutic value of knitting. My grandmother-in-law passed away this night at 4.30 am, after a four year struggle with colon cancer. My husband needs space and isolation, so I called my sister in the evening and she came over to hug me and comfort me, and I taught her how to knit while we were chatting. She's a quick learner! We're making hats for the innocent big knit, because those are fast projects. For now, it's all knit stitch, and I think that when she finishes her first hat, she'll be ready for the purl stitch. But we'll spend most of tomorrow with tidying up the apartment and cleaning, because the house is a mess and that doesn't help an already very sad mood. Still ,afterward we deserve some knitting, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: October 19, 2013 04:26:56 PM »

Oh goodness...  The crafting...  the crafting.... 

::Jennie stumbles through the room rambling to herself after creating 17 beaded bookmarks and 5 bracelets today.:: 

No, but seriously the amount of time I've spent crafting, photographing, editing, and posting things on the net today is astonishing.  Oh, and I did the dishes, went to the post office, did some yoga, cleaned the bathroom top to bottom and did a few loads of laundry. 

Jennie needs some wine.  Like, a lot of wine.  Good thing there's a totally unsophisticated box of wine in the fridge....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

« Reply #574 on: October 19, 2013 04:51:56 PM »

naantje, I'm sorry to hear that - you and your husband have my sympathies

Jennie - enjoy you're wine Smiley I'm sat with a somewhat over-generous G&T while I do my online catch-upping, I feel better knowing I'm in such good company! I can't wait to see all your bracelets when they're done (everyone always compliments my Whovian one - and when I meet a fellow fan it's a great little icebreaker going through all the charms!)

Class: astronomy
House: ravenclaw
Project: A Mouse who wants to eat the moon

As we know, the moon is made of cheese.  In my attempts to study the moon this month, I have found that cheese-loving mice keep getting in my way; nibbling the bits I need to draw for homework, using my telescope as a ladder, etc. So, I have been catching them one by one and re-homing them. I found this little leather one, and have given him to my friend Ben. Ben is keeping mousey in his pocket, and out of my way Smiley Hopefully by end of term I'll have caught them all so I'll be able to get on with studying and pass my exam!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #575 on: October 19, 2013 07:32:13 PM »

~*Headmistress Memo*~
Not a chatty update...but I have casted my House Points and Project Tracking Spells.  Please check your class, advanced studies, etc.  PM if you think something is amiss.  Thank you! Kiss  (Do NOT PM about points calculations.  Your headmistresses are working with some advanced spreadsheet sorcery this term, and tweaks are still in the works. Cool)

~*Portkey to Fall 2013 HPC Pinterest Page*~: Updated to this post.

~*Headmistress casts Homonculous Charm - You are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #576 on: October 19, 2013 08:19:47 PM »

Class: Charms
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Bubo scandiacus giganticus aka Owl Basket
Project Page Link: to be added later
Brief Description: I have bewitched a large owl with the Homonculous Charm.  The large owl can be used to keep track of large stashes of items: yarn, fabric, blankies, winter woolies...anything you can think of.  I have gifted this particular owl to Ravenclaw Audania in the magical Back to Hogwarts swap, where I'm sure she'll put him to work tracking.
Project Picture:
He stands at 15" and is 12" wide

in these pics he is tracking 2 blankies, with lots of room to spare

House Unity
Project Name: Ravenclaw House Slippers
Brief Description: These were a goodie for Ravenclaw.  Hopefully they will keep her feet toasty in the Tower. Grin
Project Picture:

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Serpensortia
Brief Description: Uroboros or Ouroboros is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.  With a little wandwork, I have casted a special Serpensortia spell to represent this symbol.
Project Picture:

Class: Frog Choir
Project Name: Clover the Puff
Brief Description: I have found the perfect frog for choir class.  He is the fabulous color green...in fact, he is the same green as Kermit the Frog, so I have named him Kermie in honor of him.  Just thinking of Kermit has me singing "It's Not Easy Being Green."  In the end, Kermit recalls positive associated with the color green, and concludes the song by accepting and embracing his greenness.  I sing this song often to my pet pygmy puff,Clover.  You will see the he is a rare green color, and he is a little shy around others because of this.  But when I sing to him, he perks up.  Come to think of it, Clover is reason I decided to join the Frog Choir.  I love how everything works out so perfectly.  ....Would you like to meet Clover?  If you happen to know Kermit's song, then hum it as you pet him; it will make him very joyful. Grin

Project Picture:

♪♫ But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree ♪♫

Yeah, he like that...you can tell because he gets a bit of a faux-hawk when his happy Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #577 on: October 19, 2013 09:32:05 PM »

Pinkleo, my basket is amazing! My children keep dumping the yarn out and take her for make-believe-games. And my youngest is currently sleeping with my lovely snake. As I type, I have my feet blissfully warmed by my House slippers. Thank you, my friend, these are all wonderful! I'm so lucky!

MistressJennie, I love how you just go to town on your work!  And that you use unsophisticated wine. I, myself, am drinking unsophisticated wine. And it's delicious.

On another note, I think I may have to postpone my current O.W.L. Im not making much progress, as many things have come up that keep me from working on it. I know there is still at least 3 - 4 weeks left on it, but I will probably only be able to get to it after Christmas.
That said, I am going to propose a new O.W.L. I am in a swap and this will get done in just enough time. It's going to be for a secret just in case she happens to visit this board, but I will sent a PM to our headmistress for approval. Since it's for a swap, I won't be able to post up detailed updates, but I can give a general reply at the very least. I'm excited! I have done many of part of this type of project before, but I've never EVER done the second part. This whole thing will be brand new and amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

« Reply #578 on: October 20, 2013 09:30:50 AM »

Class: HoM
House; ravenclaw
Project: Guess what?
Ah... Hogwarts a History.
Wow, that's one big book. Lots of.... stuff.
But not everything. There's secrets still to be found, that aren't in there (the chamber... the room of requirement... who know what else we might find?)
So I suggest we go looking for ourselves.
As discussed previously, the best adventures are had at night, so I reckon the best time for us to explore and discover is after curfew. For which we will require the requisite dressing gown and slipper socks costume Wink
Thus I made you a pair of socks, so we can go history hunting tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #579 on: October 20, 2013 11:25:35 AM »

rockmygypsysoul- We're in Bedias.  Smiley  I know where Tyler is.  My sister in law lives there.  Lol  Oh I like your stamps. Smiley  Cute goofy naught pillow. Smiley  Your ornaments are coming out very well!!!  I think you are doing GREAT!!! Smiley  EVERYONE has to LEARN before they get better.  Before long you wont be able to tell yours and your mother's apart!!  Just LOOK at your embroidered heart pin!!!  It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Cheesy Your rose painting is lovely.  I especially love your patronus painting. Smiley 

butterflyangel- I'd love to teach you how to sew diapers.  It's not hard at all and it's a GREAT feeling when you take a baby blanket or old shirt out of your stash and turn it into bum fluff!!! Smiley  I really like your Halloween card!!!  It's wonderful. Smiley 

Netchez- Olie is so very soft.  Smiley  I love how your apple hat turned out!!!  ISN'T that a GREAT pattern???  Smiley  Maddy LOVES her kitchen towels!!!  I love your hats!!!  They were a GREAT idea.  Smiley  Maddy loves her mittens!!!  Dont you dare give up on European knitting.  I LOVE watching you do it!!! Cheesy  Your afghan blows my mind. Smiley  It just amazes me what a difference you've made just by changing the orange to black. Smiley  (and how very very long it takes to make that one change. O.O )

Magpirate- Oh! I love your phoenix painting.  It's wonderful!  I need to make time to paint. Smiley  Your piggy bank is adorable! Smiley Oh your glass pendants turned out GLOURIOUS!!! Smiley  I understand the waiting part.  I plan on experimenting turning cast off glass bottles into window panes with a ceramic kiln.  From everything I've read, I'm going to die of boredom.  But it'll be worth it. Cheesy  I LOVE your wire whomping willow!!!!  Cheesy  Your Johnny Appleseed carved apple is loltacular.  Smiley  Your froggy finger puppet is adorable. Smiley I can not wait to see your cottonwood tower. Smiley  Oh YAY!  I inspired someone!!! Cheesy  And your scroll is AWESOME!!! Cheesy  Im a sucker for shiny stickers.  I once got into an argument with a WeightWatcher's leader and left taking two memberships with me over a gold star sticker.  Your soda can cuff is cute! Smiley  Yes, soda cans are tricky to work with.  I've been planning to roof a building with them for years.  Im expecting it to take years to do it.  Lol  Netchez is gonna get a CocaCola roof. Smiley  Oh your etched stones are so cool!!! Smiley 

Mistress Jennie- Your bracelets are so STUNNING. Smiley   I've never seen a lobster roll before.  O.O  So THAT'S a lobster roll!!! Smiley  owwwwwww  Your caramels look *drool* Smiley 

BadWolf13- Oh I like your Hulk stamp. Smiley  He's awesome.  Smiley  Everyone makes such wonderful stamps.  Im going to have to try making one. Smiley I love your 10th Doctor. Smiley  Your pergola is wonderful!  Netchez has been after me to build her one for about a decade.  I'm gonna actually have to do it now. Smiley  lol  Your Link pillow is cute!!  OH I HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF A CAMP HALF BLOOD SHIRT NOW!!!!  That's AWESOME!!!! Cheesy  Your apple bracelet is adorable.  Some where down at the bottom, there's always that one satsuuuuuuuma. Smiley

Inselaeffchen- Your Exterminate dish rag is lovely! Smiley  Your stitches are so neat.  The daleks are our favorite villains. Smiley  Thank you very much for the compliments on the hats. I've improved so much from the practice.  Your candy corn treat bag is lovely.  Glad you stuck with it.  Smiley Oh I love your cookies!!!!  I've NEVER been able to get embossing cookie cutters to work for me, but YOURS look so GREAT!!! Cheesy 

Whistlefish- oh Your Bashful hat is wonderful!!!  Smiley  How cute!!!  Your bookmarks are special.  Special bookmarks are always wonderful.  I LOVE those wee ghosts!!! Smiley  They will be made here tomorrow!!! Cheesy  Thank you so much!!! Cheesy 

DragonChilde- All the best of luck in college! Smiley  I hope you enjoy it. Smiley  I've never seen anything like your mandrake hoopla.  Smiley  That looks awesome! Smiley  Great job on your new stiches!!! Smiley  Divination is a fun class!!!  The Ogham is my personal favorite. Smiley  Your Ravenclaw shawl turned out beautiful. Smiley  That is SUCH a COOL Textbook of monsters. Smiley  And that's a sweet wand.  Smiley  Your swap partner is so lucky! Smiley

jellybean89- That is such an adorable bow you made for your cat. Smiley  I like your scarf!!!  It's pretty!!! Smiley  I LOVE your knitted washcloth!!!  I love the look of knitted washclothes.  So yummy. Smiley  Your Cinnamon Applesauce bread and oatmeal cookies look delicious! Smiley   

Pinkleo- Your heart afghan is beautiful.  Fizzy and RoseMary are adorable.  Oh I thought for SURE your washrag was a doily!!!!  It's too pretty to be a wash cloth.  Smiley  Your friendly spider looks lovely.  I love your money square. Smiley  I'm gonna have to learn that pattern so I can make the center into a hat!!! Cheesy  Oh I love your GF Pumpkin bread!!!  It looks scrumptious. Smiley  I love your baby hats. Smiley  I love the ribbing edges. Smiley  I LOVE your Owl basket!!!  Netchez needed one of these when I was a little girl. Smiley  Your crocheted slippers are beautiful!  I need to make some of these for my girls. Smiley  I love your snake.  I crocheted a snake toy many many years ago.  It doesnt come close to the awesomeness of yours. Cheesy  ALS and I love your puff.  It reminds me of a tribble. Smiley  I am in AWE of people who can work with such fancy yarn.  I always bomb with fancy yarn.  Smiley

Vincentvanbuck- Such a cute good luck cat!!! Smiley  That is so sweet that people bake your Mom's cookies. Smiley  I feel the same way about my Granny's rye bread. Smiley  Good memories. Smiley

ErinAquaheart- Your frog is wonderful.  Smiley  I love the colors, and the shading. Smiley  I hope your abstract cancer was a therapeutic release. Your happy collage is a wonderful thing.  I will try this the next time I swing low.  I love how you drew a bird from your childhood. Smiley I like Little Lady Kitten who looks at the moon. Smiley  Your ball bag is a GREAT IDEA!!!  I'm gonna have to put together one for our house!!!  Oh your egg is INCREDABLE!!! O.O  Cheesy  It's just amazing!!!  I love it!!! Smiley  Your plushie hangers are AWESOME!!! Smiley  I've never even imagined making those.  O.O 

Technicolor Aquaheart- Your sock monster is wild.  Smiley  I love your little Christmas tree ornament.  I too long for the Christmases of youth when everything was special and magical.  They have been on my mind much with all that's happened in the last month.  Your kitten hand mitts are adorable.  I'm sure you're getting much use out of them now. Smiley 

Nicajeanie- Those are some adorable chip clips!  Smiley  That's a use I've never considered for perler beads. Smiley  Oh your cat looks SO happy!!! Smiley  Makes me want to make one for our cats now. Smiley  We LOVE your paper quilling!!!  ALB loves paper crafts and you blew his mind!!! Smiley  I LOVE your kaleidoscope afghan squares. Smiley  They remind me so much of ones my mother made when I was very little (and I wasnt allowed to touch the yarn in her basket.  Lol) 

Siakel!- Oh WOW!!!!  Nice stash!!! Smiley  Lucky girl!!!

PenguinSoup- I LOVE your Snow White dyed yarn!!!!  Smiley  I love dying.  It's SO fun!!! Smiley 

Craft_Kat- O M G!!!!  Your crocheted characters are SO AWESOME!!! Cheesy 

tiamatfire- CONGRATULATIONS on the BOY!!! Smiley  His grey lamb hat is *adorable*.  Smiley Oh I love your daughter's mittens. Smiley  I'm GOING to learn how to make mittens.  I SWEAR!!! Smiley  Your hat and mittens are *lovely*.  I love the pattern of your mittens.  Smiley 

August_Bell- I love how all your wash cloths are all different patterns. Smiley  Lovely!!! Smiley 

Pinkdelia- OH YOUR R2D2 HAT IS SWEET!!! Smiley  CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a big sister again!!! Cheesy  Oh your kindle case is adorable! Smiley 

Moonflame- My evil plan is to put all the diapers together as kits when I'm done.  I have a LOT more to make.  O.O  Smiley  awwwwwwwwwwwwwww  Your miniature food is all  dollhouseo'licious. Smiley  Knitting heagons.  Mind BLOWN.  Smiley  Oh your turkish delight box is delightful!!! Smiley  I love your House Owls!!! Smiley  They are ADORABLE! Smiley  Your cat sure seems to LOVE your hexipuffs!!!  Cheesy  Your panda is SO cute!!! Smiley  I love playing with bottle caps and resin, but I haven't tried anything like that yet.  O.O  AWESOME!!! Cheesy

Naantje- CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!!! Cheesy  How how COOL is your bouquet!!! Smiley  Great job on your cat post.  Smiley  Our cat has decided it loves my early 1900's  settee chair better than it's cardboard scratch pads.  Thank goodness it needs refurbishing.  But our cat definitely needs a post like yours.  Great Job knitting stripes!!!!  All of your hats are beautiful!!!  Smiley  You did a great job of those little bottle caps. Smiley  Your color works looks great! Smiley  I am very very sorry for your loss.  Sending you tons of hugs.  *HUGS*

noodle-bug- Your bottle hats are cute. Smiley I love the buttons at the top. Smiley  Nice cowl!!  LOVE the shiny button. Smiley  Oh I love all your variegated socks!!! Smiley  They look comfy. Smiley  I love how they're “mix and match”. Smiley That hoop is amazing!  Id that the texture of the yarn you used or is it a colonial knot?  OH *^&^^&(i&!!!!!  HOW COOL WAS THAT DUDE!!!??!!!  lol. Cheesy  Your powers of prediction are awesome.  Bad kitty.  Great curtain. Smiley  I love your mouse.  I've sewn the kids mice to play rat puck with, but they are never as cute as yours. Smiley

Audania1- Oh your snickerdoodles and thumb print cookies.... *drool*  LOL!  Canning with moonshine.  Smiley  I bet it tastes great!!! Smiley  Oh your tiny tea shop is amazing!  Smiley  I've never managed to make anything with paper mache that didnt melt.  Smiley  Your potion's class recipe card book is cool!!! Smiley  Oh.... I love your Luna!!!  (I'm a doll person : )  AND HER LION HAT!!!!! Cheesy  Oh wow. O.O  Your sister is very lucky and your brother in law is AWESOME!!! Smiley  Oh that chicken pie looks SCRUMPTIOUS! Smiley 

Acadian Driftwood- WELCOME to Hufflepuff!!! Smiley  Nice cat!!! Cheesy  Your wreath is lovely!!! Smiley  Your Sgt Pigeon is so neat!!! Smiley  Your applesauce sounds delirious.  I can just imagine baking it into bread. Smiley  (or slathering it ON bread.  Either or. : ) 

Fiber Alchemist- OH!!!  I LOVE your felted hat!!! Cheesy  It looks so warm and yummy! Smiley 

pottermouth- I love your A Team wallet!!! Cheesy  That is VERY cool!!! Smiley  Omg!!!  You KNITTED all of those little finger puppets!!!???!!!  O.O  How AMAZING!!! Cheesy  O.O Your stage and puppets ARE AWESOME!!!!  O.O  SO INCREDABLE!!!! Cheesy  Everything about them!!!  Oh I love their hair!!!!  You did SUCH a GREAT JOB!!! O.O Cheesy 
jenleahlynn- There are not WORDS for how AWESOME your messenger bag is!!!  It's AMAZING!!! Cheesy  I just can't get over it!!!  She's gonna LOVE it!!!! Cheesy  omg the spoon is darling. Rofl  The patch is so cool too, but the spoon..... lmbo

Ant Bee- Oh HOW COOL!!!  I could TOTALLY see you saying “Don't let the muggles get you down”!!! Smiley  I can't see you being shy at all!  He sounds incredible.  I could totally see him from your description.  Cheesy  (Though it *might* have been cool had there been a motorcycle with a side car and a bumper sticker that said “My other ride is a broom” on it in the parking lot. : ) 

Abbeeroad- Your portable Hogwarts is really cool. Smiley 

3PlyProblem- I like your slippers.  They look very warm. Your friend is gonna love them. Smiley

I solemnly swear to NEVER ever ever ever ever EVER let 21 pages go by without catching up EVER again!!!!  EVER!!!! Smiley  I've been MIA so long I feel totally overwhelmed and disorganized.  LUCKILY I have my handy dandy ring board to tell me that I'm doing okay.  My Fear of a name is going to be horribly late, but I bit off more than I could chew and then worked so much on it I HAD to put it down and work one something else for a little bit so I didn't set fire to it. Smiley  I'm actually really proud of it and I've learned so much, but really.... I had to stop.  Roflmbo 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: September Detention
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Thing 1, 2, 3, & 4 hats
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Last Winter I came across the Micah Makes Ear Flap Hat pattern for the very first time.  It was a pattern for Dr. Suess hats.  They said Thing 1, and Thing 2.  I have FOUR children.  When I am upset with them (as they very much enjoy frustrating me.  It's like a game.) I get flustered and start calling everyone by the wrong name. (Runs in our family.  When my Dad was mad I became Gail.  Lol )  At this point I start calling people by their number.  Rofl Hence the fun of having numbered hats.  BUT I never FINISHED them.  You see...... the pattern calls for pompoms.  For them to be properly finished they needed pompoms.  But NOW I know how to make pompoms!!!!  So I was able to finish them!!!! Cheesy  (Okay they also needed ties, and the white circles with the labels on them lol )
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: October Detention
Project Name: Pumpkin hot mitt
Brief Description: I was really excited to try this.  I learned roughly how to tapestry crochet while working on my Fear Of project.  I've wanted to do it for SO LONG but it's scared the bejebbers outta me so I kept putting it off.  But once I LEARNED I just wanted to go nuts and tapestry crochet everything. Cheesy  It's *just* a crocheted square with a pumpkin which I nabbed the cross stitch pattern of off the net.  I really loved doing this project. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic (HoM)
Project Name: Hogwarts Stereo Graph 
Brief Description: While browsing Flourish and Blott's on a recent trip to town I spied a new stereo graph for our viewer.  It was a limited edition of Hogwarts at the beginning of a new semester. Awwwwww The memories of riding across The Black Lake as 1st years.  Smiley 

This is a project I've put off for about 2 years, making stereo graphs.  Class gave me the perfect opportunity to jump in and try it. Smiley  At first I really thought it'd be easy to pull a screen shot of a stereo graph off the internet, load it into Gimp, cut/paste/block it into a template that I could EASILY load pictures into and simply print out as a high quality stereo graph card.  ROFLMFAO  Yeah.... That was during the first week of Fall Semester.  After many weeks of fighting with it I gave up and made a template from scratch.  Scanned it in, gave up, started over.  I wound up doing just about everything by hand and then mounting it all onto a mount board to scan it in so I could print out a finished veneer of heavy card stock to be mounted onto a light piece of cardboard.  I AM very excited that I was able to turn it all around in Gimp and add the text JUST like it would be on a “real” stereo graph.  The pictures are also off set by 1/8th as they should be so they will look right when viewed through a viewer. Smiley  It took so much longer and was so much more work than the finished product looks. * Facepalm* Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: S.P.E.W. Apple Bertie Bott Bean S.P.E.W.
Project Name: S.P.E.W. Apple Blossom Hat S.P.E.W.
Brief Description: Okay, I was going to post this Monday and I'm not sure what happened.  Oh well, I'll still post it and get SPEW points and my badge.  Smiley  I crocheted this ladies hat using the Micah Makes pattern.  I used pinks and white.  The colors of an apple blossom.  The flower itself scared the heck outta me.  I didn't like any pattern I found and wound up “winging it”.  I learned that there are only SO many layers of crochet that can be easily sewn together.  After that it gets tough. Smiley  But I think it turned out very nice. Smiley  I'm donating it to the local homeless shelter so a lady may have a warm hat this winter. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Pumpkin Bertie Bott Bean
Project Name: Irish Crocheted Lace Cross Bookmark
Brief Description:  I googled “crochet” and “Ireland” and it brought up Irish Crocheted Lace.  Apparently poor ladies were taught how to crochet this lace in order for them to turn their rough resources into a “value added” income.  I have a very nice friend from school who grew up and became a minister.  She is one of the few people in this world who amazes me with her compassion.  She is like something out of a fairy tale.  Smiley  When I googled Irish Crocheted lace several patterns for cross bookmarks came up.  I decided to crochet her a bookmark.  I used rough cotton kitchen twine to simulate the rough materials the Irish ladies had to work with, along with the humble modesty of Jesus, who did not eat from gold plates or drink from silver goblets.  I then STARCHED THE HECK out of it, which is something I've NEVER done before.  My Granny and my great grand mother (no relation to each other) both crocheted lace doliys and starched them.  My Granny even crocheted baskets.  Smiley  O.O  I never thought I'd ever be able to do ANYTHING like that, but I found this to be very easy.  I even rewrote the pattern for myself since the one I found online “needed improvement” (it sucked.... was not symmetrical)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: S.P.E.W. Crocheted Ladies Earflap Hats S.P.E.W. X 2
Project Name: S.P.E.W Hats for Ladies S.P.E.W. X 2
Brief Description: I had to make these.  I couldnt stop myself.  These will be donated to the local homeless shelter so ladies who are down on their luck will have warm hats this winter.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: S.P.E.W. Crocheted Child's Hat S.P.E.W
Project Name: S.P.E.W Baby hat S.P.E.W
Brief Description: As it turns out I need to use a G hook to make a premee hat, not a J hook.  So this teeny tiny baby hat turned out much bigger than planned.  SO it will be donated to the local baby pantry where I hope it to find its way onto a newborn – 3m's head. Smiley 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: S.P.E.W. Crocheted Baby Hats S.P.E.W X 9
Project Name: S.P.E.W. Baby Hats S.P.E.W. X 9
Brief Description: I got to visit the resale and found tiny balls (and a tiny hank) of yarn that I just fell in love with.  There wasn't enough to make a lady's hat, but there was enough to use it to make teeny tiny baby hats.  I tried to use every inch of the variegated yarn.  I just adore it. Smiley  I also learned a new pattern for a granny circle that I've had in my crochet folder for about 2 years.  I was always afraid that it was far too complicated for me, but with the more practice I get, the better I get, the more I can do.  Once I started I just couldn't STOP. Smiley These will go to a local charity that distributes them to local hospitals. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Host a Caroling Party
Arm Knitting: A Scarf in 30 Minutes?
Tips from a Real Dad: Easy DIY Superhero Capes For Kids
How to Make a Coffee-Filter Tree
Indoor Holiday Branch Tree
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...