A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 111618 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkdelia
« Reply #460 on: October 06, 2013 10:04:36 PM »

YAY was able to get my DA project done tonight!!!!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army Fear of a Name
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: R2D2 crocheted hat
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: So I am going to be a big sister again (I am  23 and my brother is 22) and my mom's fiance loves Star Wars so I saw the opportunity to try something new. I have made hats before obviously from my other projects but I have never done anything were I carried the yarn while working and so just looking at the pictures put me off but once I started i was happy to find how much easier it was than I thought. I am excited about how it turned!! the first one is going to my other niece for christmas (she will be one christmas day) and I have a list going of who else i want to make them for lol
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: kindle case
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I am an avid reader and almost always have my kindle with but i needed something to protect it becase it kept sliding out of the sleeve I made for it, so I found this pattern at Joann's and finally made it when I found the cute evil lab fabric lol it has been so much easier than the sleeve because it has a pocket I can put my bus pass or time card in.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #461 on: October 07, 2013 05:12:39 PM »

jellybean89 Your infinity scarf is awesome!  And I love the yarn you used for your dishcloth! Smiley

Midkiffsjoy  Oh my!  You're making a baby extravaganza! ^_^  Awesome stuff!  Your baby pantry is so lucky!

Nicajeanie  Your kitty is adorbs, and it looks like the toys are a huge hit! Cheesy  My kitties love plastic bags, too.  I hadn't thought of stuffing a toy with them!  I just found a cute pattern for a Totoro this morning.  I think I'll make a kitty toy of him and stuff him with bags! >^_^<

AugustBell  Excellent dishcloth set!  I went on a spree of making them, and then fell off the wagon.  I need to make more!

Pinkdelia  Oooh!  Congrats on your impending big-sisterdom! Smiley  I <3 that hat SO MUCH!  Smiley  And your Kindle cover is GORGEOUS!  Lovely job!

I finally have some things to post, too!

Challenge: October Detention
Project Name: Fall Feast
Project Description: Whilst I was out raking leaves and cursing Filch's name, I was overheard and forced to spend an extra 5 hours out there.  Needless to say, I was FAMISHED long before finishing up, and dreams of a fall feast kept floating through my head.  By the end of it, every orange leaf looked like a slice of pumpkin pie to me. Fortunately, I was able to sneak into the kitchen and satisfy my cravings with a generous plate of food.  I finished it all off with a chunky slice of pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream, and a mug of steaming coffee fresh from the cauldron and swirled with rich cream.  I was so happy, that I waved my wand to recreate it on a metal button form so that I could remember the delicious satisfaction forever!
Project Pic:

Class: SoAR
Project Name: Plenty of Breakfast
Project Description: I ADORE the breakfasts here at Hogwarts and how we always have plenty to eat.  I decided to capture the feeling I get when sitting down to a scrummy Hogwarts breakfast by recreating a bit of breakfast on a metal button form.  This one has 2 sunny-side-up eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, and some coffee swirled with cream.  I swear that when I waved my wand, you could hear tiny sizzling noises coming from the bacon. Smiley
Project Pic:

Challenge: Apple Bean
Project Name: Hexipufffffffffffff!!!!
Project Description: OMG, I LOVE hexipuffs!  This is the first one I've made, and I an apply-green yarn with some variegation.  Actually, it looks rather a lot like some green apples I picked last week. Smiley  Except for the purple.  And the shape.   The blue is pretty accurate, though.  The green ones I picked are spotty and ugly, but tasty.  Tongue  Smiley    I used a fine strand of mohair together with my sock yarn to make it even more cuddly.
Project pic:

Class: Arithmancy - 4
Project Name: Tiny Turkish Delight Box
Project Description: While I was studying the properties and associations of the number 4, I was hit by a sudden, intense craving for Turkish Delight.  I, of course, thought of the 4 Pevensie children and the Turkish delight that the White Witch, Jadis, magics up for Edmund.  It turns out, too, that the number four is associated with Mercy, which is exactly what Aslan shows to the undeserving Edmund after he betrays his siblings.  In the end, I made a four-cornered Turkish Delight box, topped with a snowflake (symbolizing the loss of the cycle of 4 seasons in Narnia to Jadis's Winter.)  Right now, it's empty, because that piggish Edmund ate it all, but I'd like to find a way to magic some more confections to slip inside. Smiley  I also just noticed that there's a cat hair in the box.  Maybe Edmund DIDN'T eat all of it. ^_^
Project Pics:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013 05:16:54 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #462 on: October 07, 2013 06:04:03 PM »

The Weekly S.P.E.W. Review

With a flutter of wings and a screech or two,
This Weekly Report is delivered to you!
Support Caring Causes and the bringing of smiles,
Sending love out over thousands of miles!

The Weekly Review, (although it spells Spew)
Is sent to encourage and not sicken you.
So earn your house points and relax for a while,
Sharing the crafts made in your unique style!

::Coming to you live (and a little subdued) from the Slythee common room sipping a bit of Pepperup Potion after a wild night in Hogsmeade with Hagrid and Rosmerta.::

(softly) Hey, Hogwartians. Here's the Caring Crafts report for last week:

(To the rowdy group in the corner) SHHH! And stop spinning the common room!

(Softly again) Gryffindor's RockMyGyspySoul and Ravenclaw's Netchez both have whipped up some emotional chocolates to ward off the dementors seen around the Aquahearts home. Yours truly has something to add, but needs a bit of finishing off before my owl can carry it over. Nice work friends! Netchez also worked up 2 baby hats for the baby pantry.

Hufflepuff Midkiffsjoy wows all once again with a big bounty of baby bundles totaling 90 points for her house.

Keep working on those Caring Crafts, friends! Lots of charities will be starting their big holiday push soon- let's see what magic we can bring to them!

Have a great week, I'm going to go take a nap!

Happy Crafting!
PS:

The Harry Potter Alliance has an amazing possibility for you if you want to donate to their charity. The chance to win a SIGNED EDITION OF A HARRY POTTER BOOK (UK edition).
What the what?!
If interested check out the campaign page at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/equality-ftw-2013
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013 08:23:47 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Nicajeanie
« Reply #463 on: October 07, 2013 09:04:23 PM »

Finally decided what New craft I wanted to try for DA. I'm SOOOOO excited to join!

Challenge: DA
Project Name: Paper Quilled Snowflake
Project Description: For years I've wondered how paper quilling was done but was too intimidated by it. But I'll do anything for Dumbledore!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #464 on: October 08, 2013 03:24:05 AM »

Wow, it has been a while since I posted in this craftalong! You've all been busy making such pretty things Smiley I've been too busy to share much: I got married on Friday the thirteenth of September and enjoyed our honeymoon after that. I'm still waiting to get my wedding ring back from the jeweller as it was sized wrong and slipped from my finger while I was dancing with my sister. The stone fell from the setting, but we did find it! The ring is being resized and the stone is being put back in its setting. My absence doesn't mean I haven't been crafting though! See:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defence Against the Dark Arts
House: Slytherin
Project Name: My lacy steampunk orb bouquet
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428043
Brief Description:
In the months leading up to my wedding, I was dealing with burn-out and I even had to take sick leave for a month because I couldn't cope anymore. When I was forced to admit that my idea of a crochet bouquet wasn't working out, I was entirely petrified and didn't dare to craft anymore. I was ready to give up my creative visions and just go and buy real flowers from a florist, because I was sure whatever else I would attempt would fail. I'm really grateful that my mother pulled my through the anxiety I had at that moment, because I'm quite sure I would have always regretted not making my own. I created this bouquet with lace flowers (incorporating lace from my late grandmother's lingerie!) and vintage buttons, gears, spring coils from watches and felt, all attached to a fake buxus orb you can find in garden centers.

I got tons of compliments on the bouquet and I'm really very, very pleased with the end result. It's quirky and different and very, very ME. I wanted to share more pictures, but my camera doesn't do it justice, so it's just this one picture from our photographer.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Re-wrapped scratching post
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428042
Brief Description:
A cat turning its back on a scratching post disinterestedly predicts scratched up furniture in your future! Our post had quite worn out and our kitten Sputnik started sharpening his claws on the palm leaf baskets on our shelves. he was also showing increased interest in our couch. While it is definitely in need of replacement, we don't want our kitten to get bad habits! I bought some sisal rope and rewrapped his trusty scratching post so it will meet his needs again. I paid just under 5 fora package with two balls of rope, and used barely half a ball. For just a couple of euros, this is definitely worth a shot seeing that we paid 70 when we first got this post!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore'S Army - Fear of a Name
Project Name: Knitting stripes!
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428041
Brief Description:
I had knitted striped before, once, for a scarf, but those were large stripes that required cutting the yarn and weaving in the tails. Thin stripes and carrying your yarn scared me, because I've heard that if you do it wrong, you can get holes down the side or bunching if you pull too tight... But I've gotten over my fear! I started with a cover for my e-reader. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and though you can really see where I did my colour changes and carried up my yarn, I don't really mind. It's not perfect, but it's an original Naantje piece, faults and all.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: October Detention
Project Name: Emma's Autumn Hat
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428040.0#axzz2h7Q7WghR
Brief Description:
My co-worker Vincent became a first-time dad just one day before autumn when his partner had a C-section and gave birth to their daughter Emma. I knitted the newborn baby a hat to keep her warm in autumn, though she'll probably need to grow into it. Should fit around when she's 8 weeks old I think. I added a crochet flower for added interest.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: Merel's Stripy Hat
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428040.0#axzz2h7Q7WghR
Brief Description:
More baby hats! I knitted this one for my goddaughter Merel, who turned two months old today. Each stripe is four rounds wide and the bottom border has a recurring pattern of 4 stitches (k2p2) for a total of 96 stitches.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Tristen Eamon's stripy hat
Brief Description:
We are reborn in our offspring, raising them to be people with spirits like our own, preparing them to inherit the earth and walk the planet when we have withered and died and pass it on to their children and oncoming generations. For my alchemy studies, I contemplated this cyclical process by knitting a baby hat for my friend's newborn son and first child, Tristen Eamon.

Knitting a hat on double pointed needles is also a cyclical process, as you are knitting on a spiral, circling round the perimeter, reaching the point you were before and growing another round from there and so on. I cycled through colours as well, three rounds of petrol blue for the first stripe, two round of white and three rounds of plum, because as we cycle through life, while some things say the same, some change from time to time as well, and we have happy periods and sad periods, we prosper or we struggle. But even in the differences, there can be a sameness. For now, this hat is a bit too big for baby Tristen, but in a month or two this should fit snugly on his head and keep the next generation safe from the cold winds of late autumn and early winter.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #465 on: October 08, 2013 05:48:19 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Oil Painting?!
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description:  Okay so I love to paint and I have worked primarily with acrylics and additionally with glass and ceramic paint, fabric paint, watercolors, soft pastels, and so on, but I have never, ever worked with oil paints.  That just sort of fell into the category of 'art' whereas I live very firmly in the category of 'craft'.  But I decided to suck it up, get a cheap set of oils, and play around a bit.

It's worth mentioning again that the goal here was to PLAY AROUND A BIT, explore how oils work and what not, not actually make a work of art.

Anyway, I did this stag patronus based on an HP shoe on Pinterest (it seemed made for oil paints but I wouldn't think it would be feasible to use oils on shoes if you intend to wear them) and then the flowers were based on a different painting, so essentially these are both imitations of other paintings (thus I continue to remain firmly in 'craft' and light years away from 'art'  Cheesy)
Project Picture:

(Can someone please tell me how to get these photos rotated correctly?!  On my computer it's correct but then I upload it and it's sideways...?)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army - Fear of a Name (Challenge 1)
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Embroidered Heart Ornament
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description:  So as I mentioned when I gave my OWL update this past weekend, until the past three weeks or so I had never once embroidered anything.  I just sort of thought it was too refined for me since it seems so delicate and precise and I am much more of a broad strokes kind of girl.  But I so love how it looks and was just insistent that I learn a few basic embroidery skills.  Between the internet and my mother, I thought I might kill someone in the process, but I have learned how to do a basic backstitch, a blanket seam, chain stitch, and a lazy daisy stitch.  I also learned how to do french knots since yes, I mean I didn't even know how to do that.

My skills are a billion years away from good but I keep working at it.  I made this little piece based on a Pinterest pin (like an actual pin you would wear) and I loved how it looked but I don't wear pins so I decided to make it into a little ornament!  I kept it simple and I totally love it!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #466 on: October 08, 2013 06:48:04 AM »

super cute heart ornament

(why, yes, i am a sucker for anything with buttons... how did you know??!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #467 on: October 08, 2013 01:07:10 PM »

Yay! Our headmistress received my swap package to her! She's not opening it until Monday so my Dumbledore's Army challenge will get in  just in time and I am so excited! I really hope she likes her things and then I can post them all in my classes. Sheesh! I've only been crafting for swaps that haven't come up yet so it looks like I've been slacking. I solemnly swear I have NOT been slacking lol!
SQUEEEEEEEE! I opened my package!!!!!  Oh, it is full of awesomeness!!!!!  Thank you Audania Kiss  I'll be taking pics after I take my son to marching practice, but please post and share away! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #468 on: October 08, 2013 01:21:31 PM »

Challenge: DA-Fear of a Name
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: No Fear, Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428194.0#axzz2hXOjlUQJ
Brief Description: Since discovering I was gluten-intolerant, I have been weary of true gluten-free baking...So many flours and different/odd ingredients!  And I have attempted some GF baking, but it ended in disaster...either not edible or the texture was just bleh!  But I decided to face my fear and try again.  The holidays are coming, so I attempted pumpkin bread.  I love pumpkin bread, and I did fear that this recipe would not stand up.  But it has a fab  taste and great texture (which I discovered really matters to me).  I am proud to present my No Fear, GF Pumpkin Bread.  (Sidenote: my kiddos ate this and liked it...they didn't know it was GF...of course now I have to hide it)

First, my GF pumpkin bread recipe (which I frankensteined from a lot of various recipes)
--note, not super sweet, so adjust with more sugar if you like--
2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (one with xanthan gum, for this batch I used Tom Sawyer All-Purpose Flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger)
1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin (make sure not pumpkin pie filling)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup nuts (optional, I used pecans)

Preheat oven to 350F. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spice, and salt. In large bowl, mix together milk, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, butter, and sugar. Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix well. Fold in nuts. Pour into greased loaf pan (9x5x3”). Bake 55 minutes.

Next time I'm planning on mixing in some dried fruit with nuts....cranberries or raisins.

Project Picture:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013 12:29:08 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #469 on: October 08, 2013 01:55:02 PM »

Love the R2D2 hat, pinkdelia!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Secret Makeup Trick
June 2015 Birchbox Sample Choice and Birchbox Plus Reveal
Taylor Swift Inspired Makeup Tutorial
VF COLLECTIONS: Roberto Cavalli - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Backstage, Runway & Interviews
DIY Green Tea Moisturizer - So Simple!
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...