A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91770 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

butterflyangel
« Reply #440 on: October 05, 2013 09:06:29 AM »

BadWolf314: Haha your Link pillow is too cute !!

Magpirate: Well done on the apple!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #441 on: October 05, 2013 10:07:44 AM »

Hey guys! So I finally got around to actually making something!  Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House:Gryffindor
Project Name:Halloween Card
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M61TdnmD1wU&list=WL54C9296EB07AB4FE
Brief Description: I made this card after watching the video and I thought it'll be cute to make to send to my friend for Halloween =] plus you never know when you might fly into a little bat  Wink
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #442 on: October 05, 2013 10:22:08 AM »

Advanced Studies Friday Saturday!!

Okay so I have been working all this past week in my spare time on my Charms OWL but last Friday I hit it particularly hard and yesterday I hit it extra hard again.  But I didn't have a chance to take pics until today.

So I've never embroidered a single thing before.  Ever.  In fact, later I'll be posting my DA Fear of a Name challenge that included my first embroidery stitches and project.  Since I can't sew AT ALL and I often feel like my hands are so clumsy that embroidery just always seemed so delicate and elegant for me to be able to tackle.  But that's all more relating to the DA challenge, so moving on to my OWL.

I finally decided that each tree (I'm doing 5 mini Christmas trees to hang on the wall for little ones to be able to decorate) should have 10 ornaments: star at the top, a round ball ornament with each kiddo's initial, a tapered ornament in a vintage-y style, a poinsettia, a dove, a gingerbread man, a snowflake, a stocking, a candy cane, and a golden snitch* (of course!).

Thus far I've done top stitching on all the stars, all the ball ornaments, all the tapered ornaments, all the doves, all the gingerbread men, and all the snowflakes**.  This pic only shows one example of these (unless they're all different) but everything on here I've done all 5 of (so like you only see 1 dove but I've done the stitching of all 5 for example)

All the stars are the same, all the round balls are the same except for the initials, all the doves are the same, all the gingerbread men are the same, all the golden snitches are the same, and I anticipate all of the golden snitches, poinsettias and candy canes to be the same.  I played around with different versions of the retro tapered ornaments, the snowflakes are all different, and the stockings will have some variations.  

I have done a complete stuffed ornament for a couple of them and I've done a stitching mock-up of everything but the candy canes and stockings.

Anyway, that's my first update but I think they're coming along nicely although holy crap they take forever  Roll Eyes  But Charms are important and this is all for 5 of my littlest nieces and nephews (all between 1-3 years old) so we persevere  Cheesy

*My mother said it's ridiculous to include a golden snitch.  I told my mother to suck it. (but nicely.  Wink)
**My mother did make one of the snowflakes when she was showing me how to do french knots and a basic backstitch.  You can tell - hers is much more artistic.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013 10:25:33 AM by rockmygypsysoul » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
tiamatfire
« Reply #443 on: October 05, 2013 10:24:12 AM »

Hello everyone!  I'm sorry I've been late - I missed the Hogwarts Express Wink

Between pregnancy and crazy work schedules and birthdays and weddings it's been a little nuts around here, so I'm looking forward to getting back to crafting!  We found out yesterday we're having a boy, so I have lots of knitting to do because only one of my daughter's sweaters is unisex, and it's a size 18 month.

Class: Charms
House: Gryffindor
Name: Rosie Mittens

All my daughter's mittens from last year are too small, so I had to whip her up a pair now that the weather has turned frosty!  They're really simple, using scraps and striped with several rosy colours.  They have a mitten string (idiot strings some people call them!) so she can't lose them and we can keep track of them!  Bonus - they match her coat and the hat I made her last spring.

Class: Divination
House Gryffindor
Name: Coming-home hat

Well the cat that walked in front of me was the grey lucky one!  Since this pregnancy was a bit of a surprise I was a bit worried about it.  I have celiac and a family history of neural tube defects, so I'm supposed to take a lot of extra folic acid (4x the normal dose for pregnant women) for at least 3 months prior to trying to get pregnant.  It's been a lot of stress but yesterday's ultrasound showed us what looks like a perfectly healthy, happy boy!  It's also lucky that it's a boy in a way, because my husband wanted a boy to go with our girl Smiley  This grey lamb hat for him to wear home from the hospital in March will be a reminder of that lucky grey cat!

I've also finished the first half of my OWL, the hat, and I have another class on the go that I think will also qualify for SPEW.  

Although there are way too many pages to comment on everything, it all looks wonderful!  Keep crafting wonderful things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: October 05, 2013 11:13:20 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
stillatthetop
« Reply #445 on: October 05, 2013 11:24:45 AM »

Advanced Studies Friday Saturday!!
**My mother did make one of the snowflakes when she was showing me how to do french knots and a basic backstitch.  You can tell - hers is much more artistic.

I can't tell which snowflake your Mother did. They all look wonderful. Great job! Embroidery is fun! And this is a fun project. I wish I had thought of it when my kids were little. I just recently saw this idea on a Pintrest. I plan to keep this one in my brain info history for the Grandbabies, though.

Happy Crafting!
~T
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013 11:29:17 AM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #446 on: October 05, 2013 04:48:59 PM »

Thanks!  I'm enjoying the embroidery at the moment but I'm hesitant to branch out more just yet. 

I, too, have seen similar projects on Pinterest but I actually am basing it on something I grew up with.  I was the youngest of four and we got to put ornaments on the tree when we did a good deed during advent.  That was a bit too advanced for the younger nieces and nephews so this one is simpler but hopefully as they age my siblings will just raise the tree up higher and start doing the same (in which case I'll make more ornaments!  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #447 on: October 05, 2013 05:14:12 PM »

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wow! I'm speechless!

Thank you!!

Congats to Noodle and BadWolf, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #448 on: October 05, 2013 06:35:27 PM »

Ah, flattered much? It's such an honour to be considered with the work that gets done here -= we have such an amazing assortment of skills and ideas going on! Thanks Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: October 05, 2013 06:42:16 PM »

Thank you! I am honored. Everyone here has so much talent here, I can't believe I was considered.
Excuse me while I go run off to tell the husband all his hard work was worth it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Frizz-Free Braid That’s Perfect for Summer
How to Fix a Smudged Nail
Should Guys Wax Their Body Hair?
Teeth Whitening Product Made Out Of Three Items
Ms. New York Senior America LIVE
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...