A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 95170 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2013 02:03:00 PM »

midkiffsjoy I'm so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing.  What a shock.

I love the dipes and hats you're cranking out!  I agree - when we're preggo cute is a MUST, and your dipes definitely fill the bill. Cheesy

BadWold314  Way to go on those blocks!  You're really chewing through them!

Rockmygypsysoul  Great job on the cards.  I think that's a really neat idea, and kudos to you for tacling something you really avoid!  Your cat stamp is darling!  I bet your SIL will LOVE the stationery. Smiley  ANd your tree painting!  OOooooh!  I <3 it so much!  Fall is my fave. Smiley

butterflyangel The Marine grad card is awesome! Smiley  I bet she'll love it!

jellybean89 Your towel hanger is SO clever!  HEART!

noodlebug I have meant to participate in bookcrossing for AGES and never done it.  Your cards are great!  And I love your stitched birthday card, too.  I think that embellishing a pre-made item is a fantastic idea!

WeeFreeRhie  Your kitty hankies are adorbs.  Smiley 

AntBee   Way to go on the Cot7F ghan!  I think the fleece backing is a super idea!

DolphinGirl  I love the way you coloured the stamps, and your ATC is SO CUTE!  I love cats. >^_^<

NicaJeanie  OMG, I've been thinking of doing a stained glass ghan - granny squares with black edging.  Your squares are beautiful!

TechnicolorAquahearts  AWESOME Kerropi hat.  I've loved Sanrio forever, too.  I'm lucky to have a Japanese bookstore nearby tha tstocks lots of great stuff. Smiley  Your Fairy Door rocks!

ErinAquahearts Lovely Fairy Door!  I hope your doors invite lots of wonderful magic. Smiley

musicalflower That cider drink looks excellent.  And it makes me think of THIS. Cheesy

DragonChilde  What a great potion you made!  And I really like your patronus wiping out negative thoughts.  I think that's a fabulous exercise that anyone could benefit from.  Your chickn soup and shepherd's pie both look amazing!  And that scented playdough is such an awesome, thoughtful gift!  I bet your sis will adore it!

Class: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Captive Bead Bracelet
Project Description: I thought a bracelet would make a great Ouroboros-inspired craft, and I wanted to do something new, so I learned to do captured beads
Project Pic:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Temporary Toadstool
Project Link: I used this just for the gist of things
Project Description: I was delighted to see the form that my hedgehog took when I successfully transfigured it into a pincushion.  However, being a softie  at heart (part of what makes me a true Hufflepuff, I guess) I knew I'd have to transform him back into his sweet, hedgehoggy self again, so I copied him in felt!  Huzzah!  He was so grateful that he scavenged the cute little heart button and left it in my notions basket.
Project Pic:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2013 02:07:17 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Cinnamon
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Chive Salt

Brief Description: I have an overabundance of freeze dried chives, due to a miscalculation on my part, when I last ordered spices to make a batch of Beer Bread Mixes.  (I really love MySpiceSage.com, who has great prices, and excellent quality super-fresh spices.)  I decided to put some of them to use in a batch of Chive Salt for my own house, inspired by this recipe:  Herb Salt Recipe.  I used coarse Mediterannean Sea Salt, and my husband's coffee grinder.  The process of cleaning it both before and after took twice as long each time, as making the actual salt!  I think I spent 15 minutes cleaning, 2 minutes measuring/grinding/pouring into the jar, and another 15 cleaning!
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Kitty Cat Bracelet

Brief Description: My friend Erika recently broke up with her boyfriend, and needed some cheering up.  Since she misses her cats terribly, while living away from home at college, I thought she'd like a little reminder of them.
Project Picture:

Class: Flying
Project Name: Doctor Who Clip Charms

Brief Description: It is very possible that at any moment while flying, you just may bump into the TARDIS.  And by possible, I mean that I hope that every second while on my broom.  In honor of the Doctor, who can fly through all of Time & Space, but who seems to be around Earth a whole heck of a lot, I present my Doctor Who clip charms.  Wink
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2013 06:55:12 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked super excited about the lobster bean!!!!! Have a great idea already in the works! Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Magpirate
« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2013 07:27:04 PM »

It's so inspiring to come on here and see what everyone's been up to.  Ant Bee, that coverlet looks amazing!  BadWolf314, I can't wait to see how the Lego quilt turns out.  Rockmygypsysoul, I really like your tree painting.  Midkiffsjoy, I'm definitely stealing your clipboard idea, I need someplace to keep up with all the classes and challenges so I can spend less time online looking for info I've already read a dozen times and more time crafting.  Ravenclaw needs more points!

Speaking of, here's my classwork for the weekend:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying class
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cross stitch hummingbird
Project Page Link: Here!
Brief Description: Something I would like to see while out and about on my broomstick is a hummingbird.  I think we could learn a lot about flying from studying them.  Did you know they're the only kind of bird that can fly backwards?  True story!

Anyway, here's my hummingbird cross stitch.  (Plus a cloud-painted frame for extra credit.)  I used this free pattern.

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions class
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Get-well package
Brief Description: When I was little, when my brother or I got a sore throat, Mom would make us tea using lemon juice, honey, and hot water.  I thought it just made us feel better because it was tasty but it turns out it actually has therapeutic benefits - the acidity of the lemon juice helps get rid of mucus, the honey coats your throat and can act as a cough suppressant, and the hot water decreases throat irritation (besides keeping you hydrated).  Also it's delicious.

So when my girlfriend came down with a cold recently, I made her some of my mom's amazing tea.  Since she refuses to stay home and get the rest she needs I also put together a week's worth of healing and restorative items that she can take to work with her.  Hopefully her cold will be gone by Friday.

Project Picture:

The tea is concentrated (two parts lemon juice, three parts honey, no water) so she can mix it with hot water at work.  The salt is for a salt-water gargle, which is supposed to help with throat irritation/coughing, the blue packets are a powdered vitamin C supplement, and the mints are for suppressing coughs and using their menthol magic to ease throat soreness.  (Does that count for extra credit?  The mints have peppermint oil in them and peppermint is on the potion ingredients list, but I didn't make the mints...)  The box is purchased.  The poem is not my best work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clare-Dragonfly
« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2013 08:55:33 PM »

Oh wow--what a cool craftalong!  Grin I don't know how much crafting I'm going to be able to get done, but hopefully this will inspire me to work. I'm joining as a Hufflepuff! I already have a bunch of ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stories last longer: but only by becoming only stories.

Clare K. R. Miller
butterflyangel
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2013 09:16:58 PM »

Magpirate:wow I really like your hummingbird! tiny, simple, beautiful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2013 09:18:15 PM »

DragonChilde- I've never heard of a mouthwash with honey in it!!  But honey IS antibacterial so I can *see* that.  How COOL!  I absolutely LOVE your Lonely Thoughts project!!!  It's brilliant!!!  I'm gonna have to try it.  Smiley  *HUGS*  I have never managed to make good stock.  (I have tried)  I;ll have to try your recipe and see if I can get it to work for me. Smiley  Have you tried doing it in a slow cooker since it cooks for so long? Oh MAN that shepards pie sounds GOOD!!! Smiley  I love your playdoh.  My tots always try to EAT it when we make playdoh. (I remember eating homemade playdoh in Vacation Bible School when I was 5, so they come by it naturally.  Rofl)

Moonflame-  Thank you.  OMG Your bracelet is GORGOUS!!! Cheesy  I love it!!!  Oh your pin cushion is adorable!! Smiley  

Jenniegram- Chive Salt!!!  I've never HEARD of that, and would have never thought of it!!!  How awesome!!!  I'm gonna have to try that! Smiley  Your kitty bracelet is adorable, and so very thoughtful!  Smiley  I love your Dr Who charms!!!  They are THE BOMB!!!! Cheesy  

Magpirate- We did that A LOT last semester.  Now we just search for the clipboard!!! rofl  Oh your humming bird is beautiful!!!  Cheesy  ALB scrubbed and filled our humming bird feeder (made homemade syrup for them) and now we have a WHOLE FAMILY of hummingbirds to watch!!!  I'd never seen baby hummingbirds before!!! O.O  Cheesy  Omg that is SO sweet of you to put together a cold packet for your gf!!! Smiley  Lemon IS very therapeutic!  Smiley  And you wrote her a poem.  You get S.O. bonus points for that.  Nod nod.

Clare-Dragonfly-  HI!!!!  *waves*  And GREAT choice of House!!! Smiley  *giggle*

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Crocheted 3-6mo Dr Suess Hat *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* Crocheted 3-6mo Dr Suess Hat *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: A very nice 20yo, pregnant with her first (and it is her intention for this to be her only) who attends baby classes at the baby pantry has decided for her nursery to be Dr Suess (it's a nice, gender neutral theme).  I remember being pregnant with MY first (ABS) and not being ALLOWED to have a nursery, much less a theme.  SO I crocheted this Dr. Suess hat to take up to the baby pantry for her.  I hope she squees when she sees it. Smiley  
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2013 09:29:59 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I know *exactly* what I'm gonna do for my Lobster!!! Smiley  I think.... lol  I have a question about The Triwizard Challenge.  I can crochet, but I've never managed to crochet anything besides hats, and this weird lumpy sc rectangle that I learned to crochet on and worked on for years and years and years as a kid that never got bigger than 1' X .5' (I SWEAR something was pulling the stitches out at night).  I've been trying to crochet socks and mittens to no avail, and I very much want to try crocheting a sweater.  Would that count since it's something I've wanted to do for years and have been afraid to try or not since it's just a complicated, scary form of crocheting? 

Btw....  Everyone who has been knitting those socks?  I NEVER get tired of seeing those, and I am ALWAYS in AWE of how you do that!!!  I'm always just BLOWN AWAY!!! Smiley

I *officially* ran out of cute flannel receiving blankets to make diapers out of, so I had to be creative and start piecing together scraps.  Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* 3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: These are made of two 13 X 11 pieces of flannel with a 4 layer inner pad sandwiched between them.  Smiley  These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry as a part of my personal spew challenge to sew clothe dipes for 2 babies.  Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: September 16, 2013 05:45:41 AM »

I have a question about The Triwizard Challenge.  I can crochet, but I've never managed to crochet anything besides hats, and this weird lumpy sc rectangle that I learned to crochet on and worked on for years and years and years as a kid that never got bigger than 1' X .5' (I SWEAR something was pulling the stitches out at night).  I've been trying to crochet socks and mittens to no avail, and I very much want to try crocheting a sweater.  Would that count since it's something I've wanted to do for years and have been afraid to try or not since it's just a complicated, scary form of crocheting? 

Do you mean the Dumbledore's Army - Fear of a Name Challenge?  If so, then doing a technique that you've been afraid to try, in a familiar craft is totally acceptable. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2013 06:36:10 AM »

Btw....  Everyone who has been knitting those socks?  I NEVER get tired of seeing those, and I am ALWAYS in AWE of how you do that!!! 
[/quote]

do you mean my socks? i make them on a knitting loom its ridiculously simple :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Painting Adventure in Peach Cove
What to Expect From a Bristle Brush
How to Clean and Wash Paint Brushes
How to Take an Oil Painting Workshop
How to Use Color in Oil Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...