A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 90205 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2013 07:15:22 PM »

Antbee, bask in the glow of my awe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2013 08:46:42 PM »

What are these whispers about a scavenger hunt I have been hearing in the Slytherin common room?
Hmmm... Something is definitely brewing for Slytherin house, and it's bound to be exciting! Stay tuned for an opportunity for extra credit that will help you on your way to greatness!

Now for some of my own school work:

With all the tests and the latest troubling news with ErinAquaheart I haven't had much time to craft but I did get these two classes done. We will hear once and for all about whether her cancer has spread to her liver on Monday. This has been the. longest. few. days. EVARRR.  Embarrassed

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Frog Choir
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Kawaii Froggy Coffee Sleeve

When I was a teen I loved loved LOVED anything sanrio and definitely in my top three two favorites was Kerropi and you don't see that character anymore. I had a mini backpack with kerropi on it that I never parted with Smiley I STILL love me some sanrio. So in tribute to my teenhood which I like to pretend that I still am in  Grin I made this coffee sleeve.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Fairy Door Made From Whomping Willow Bark

Fairies have a powerful magic that is not yet totally understood but we do know that inviting them into your home will bring their blessings and magic to your life. Since we need all the blessings we can get right now I made this fairy door and since the whomping willow is a powerful defensive magical plant and I was lucky enough to obtain a sample of it's bark I made the fairy door with it, so that maybe the blessings that the fairies bring will be as rare, powerful, and defensive as the whomping willow.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2013 08:48:48 PM »

Antbee, bask in the glow of my awe!

::Raises her head to face the awe and bask with eyes closed::

Thanks, Noodle-bug!
I meant to give a rundown of what the squares are, although most are self explanatory if you know the fandoms. The scale-like ones are for GoT Daenerys' dragons and the purple one with heart buttons is a tissue/hanky holder for when their shows are super sad or get cancelled (For example: There is a Firefly one that says Wash and has a Leaf in the wind pictured there.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2013 08:52:56 PM »

Midkiffsjoy....A kinderegg is a wonderful chocolate egg that has a plastic core inside of it that holds a toy or trinket of some sort. Some can be quite complicated.  The chocolate is very very yummy! I think I may have bought and ate a few dozen while I was in the Netherlands.... Tongue

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Whomping Willow Magical Fairy Door
Project Description:  Grin Grin Grin Grin So after a very vigorous battle with the whomping willow, very similar to Harry and Hermione's, I managed to snag a very small chunk of bark to keep as a souvenir.  Not the most ethical thing to do but now I have a gorgeous and magical way to attract some lucky fairies to protect the Aquaheart household. Hope they send some love and healing my way for providing this simple but pretty magical doorway to a fairy den/home that is comfy and cozy.

keep in mind that this door is camouflaged for fairy protection. We all know they don't like to be seen....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
musicalflower
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2013 08:53:27 PM »

I've been working all week so this is the first chance I've gotten to look at and post on the thread.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Join Them
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Muggles can be especially irritating when they are intoxicated. Or on something called Black Friday. To cure the frustration that results from dealing with these increasingly stupid people, drink the following tonic. It will also warm you slightly, good for autumn nights. Not for underage witches or wizards.
150ml. apple cider
50ml. amaretto
A dash a nutmeg
A pinch of cinnamon
Best when drunken warm but still very refreshing cold.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And on the Bad Wolf Channel, The Face of Boe just announced he's pregnant.
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2013 11:47:20 PM »

noodle-bug- O M G!!!!  Bookcrossing sounds SO COOL!!!  I wanna play that game one day.  It really sounds like a lot of fun. Smiley  Your postcards look really awesome!!! Smiley  Your embroidered card is NEAT! Smiley  I've never embroidered on nonfabric.  You're inspiring me to try it. Smiley   

WeeFreeRhie- See?  I knew those hankies were gonna turn out cool!! Cheesy 

rockmygypsysoul- awwwwwwwwwww Your cats stamp is so SWEET!!! Cheesy I like your interpretation of Jera.  Smiley  I love oil paints.  I took lessons when I was 9.  It's one of my first loves. Its back there with Jeremy Stanford and kickboxing. Smiley lol

Ant Bee- Thank you.  It wasn't horribly unexpected, but the circumstances took an evil turn at the end.  Thankfully I have faith in karma.  Nod.  I am so sorry you lost someone this week!  This week has just &T^&*()O) hasn't it?  *Hugs*  Oh I'm so sorry the afghan wasn't finished, but so glad they love it!!! Cheesy

Dolphin Girl- ohhhhhh I love your hand tinted cards!!!  Cheesy  VERY vintage inspired looking!!! Smiley  Those are some very pretty kitties. Smiley

Nicajeanie- Oh WOW!!!  Those crocheted squares are AWESOME! Cheesy  Great Job!!! Cheesy

Technicolor Aquaheart- Oh your coffee sleeve is ADORABLE!  Smiley  Your fairy door is lovely!!! Smiley  It has SHINYS!!!!  Fairies LOVE shinys!!! Cheesy Keeping my fingers crossed for y'all   

ErinAquaheart- O.O  CHOCOLATE that has a TOY INSIDE!!!! OMG!!!  WHY don't we have anything like that here in the U.S.!!!!?Huh?!!!!!!!  That's like.... the ULTIMATE win/win!!!!  owwwwwwww A *portable* fairy door!!!  Very awesome. Smiley 

Musicalflower- Your potions is very Smiley  *thumbs up*

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  House Unity *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.*  Raven Claw Men's Ear Flap Hat for the Mission Homeless Shelter *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I threw a hank of ugly blue yarn into my bag to crochet in the truck as we shopped for funeral clothes today.  As the hat took shape I realized that it WASN'T ugly blue yarn it was beautiful Ravenclaw blue.  So I crocheted the hat with bronze and made it a Ravenclaw hat.  Smiley  Crocheting this hat kept me from staring at a wall whilst bouncing back and forth through the stages of grief today.  I really like that it gave me something to do. Smiley  I know it looks it in the picture, but it is NOT purple.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* 3 Newborn Prefolds *S.P.E.W.*
Brief Description: I tried to go to sleep early tonight, but the girls kept waking me up.  So I just got up and took my mind off everything by sewing prefolds. Smiley  These are made of two 13 X 11 pieces of flannel with a 4 layer inner pad sandwiched between them.  Smiley  These will be donated to the local Baby Pantry as a part of my personal spew challenge to sew cloth dipes for 2 babies.  Smiley
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: September 15, 2013 07:40:42 AM »

@Ant Bee:  Beautifully done my friend!!!  (And also I have the same print, in the exact same frame.  Sadly it's in storage right now, since the walls in our current rental are a bit crumbly, and we can't risk hanging more pictures. Sad)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2013 08:10:09 AM »

@Ant Bee:  Beautifully done my friend!!!  (And also I have the same print, in the exact same frame.  Sadly it's in storage right now, since the walls in our current rental are a bit crumbly, and we can't risk hanging more pictures. Sad)

Thank you! (As to the print, I knew we were kindred spirits!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~**~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Weekly S.P.E.W. Review

With a flutter of wings and a screech or two,
This Weekly Report is delivered to you!
Support Caring Causes and the bringing of smiles,
Sending love out over thousands of miles!

The Weekly Review, (although it spells Spew)
Is sent to encourage and not sicken you.
So earn your house points and relax for a while,
Sharing the crafts made in your unique style!

This week has felt like poor Harry's season of time passing oddly while waiting for the trials of the Tri-Wizard cup! Sometimes the time was just slipping through the hour glass like a river over a water fall and other times it was nearly as still as a stone immovable in the desert.

But here we are on another S.P.E.W. Sunday at last and here are the 12 posts in our Caring Crafts category...

Hufflepuffs Midkiffsjoy and Niajeanie contribute another 110 points to their house total- Nicajeanie for her G-squares an Midkiffsjoy for her collection of baby supplies and hats and a secret squirrel item for the Aquahearts. Nice work, you two!

Gryffindor Rockmygypsysoul earned 10 points for her house with her beautiful cards for inmates. Excellent!

In S.P.E.W. work beyond the HPC:

We acknowledge the work of the Harry Potter Alliance which is working hard for causes relating to equality for all and having a good time doing it!  http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/equality-ftw-2013 

And how can we report on doing good for others without mentioning that this week it was announced that JKR herself would be penning a screenplay set in our wizarding world for all of us. It may not be a directly Charitable Work, but it will sure make my world a better place so I include it here today.  Grin

That's the posts of S.P.E.W. what's fit to review...

Happy Crafting everyone!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013 11:18:07 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2013 09:59:37 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2013 12:49:12 PM »

The projects so far this semester have been fantastic! I am in awe of the coverlet of 7 fandoms!

Class: Arithmancy
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Mouthwash
Project Page Link: none, as of this moment
Brief Description: For my Arithmancy homework I chose to make a mouthwash that calls for 4 ingredients (excluding water). I took the recipe from here. This mouthwash leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean. I halved the recipe so that I could keep it on the counter without fear of spoilage. (also for those of you who are wondering, 1.5 teaspoons is equal to 0.5 tablespoons) The first picture shows how the mouthwash will settle and the second one shows it shaken for use.

Recipe
Combine the juice of one lemon, 0.25 teaspoons baking soda, 0.75 teaspoon cinnamon, 0.75 teaspoon honey, and 0.5 cup of water. Use when you feel the need to freshen your breath. Shake before using.

Project Picture:

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Lonely thoughts
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: I am a fairly introverted person and when I am having a hard time I will think negatively about myself or the situation. These negative emotions and thought don't help at all. The other day my thoughts were particularly negative so I took out my journal and tried my hand at some visual journaling. I wrote single words that summed up the things I was thinking and feeling in watercolor pencil. I then took a wet paintbrush and smeared the words together. I printed out an image [found HERE] of a horse patronus, which is the form I believe my patronus would take, and glued it over my negative thoughts. To finish I took a silver paint pen and wrote positive affirmations over the picture and page. I used the affirmations "I am beautiful", "I walk my path in grace and beauty", "I am worthy", "I will endure", "I am loved", and "I will be positive".
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name: Chicken soup
Brief Description: When we get whole roasted chickens (or when we cull our chickens), I will carve it and use the bones to make good strong chicken stock. I will then make a good wholesome chicken soup (either with noodles or rice). What better way to combat the beginnings of a cold, or a dreary day than a bowl of warm hardy chicken soup?

Recipe
Take the bones and skin (if you don't eat it) of a roasted chicken and place in a pot. Fill the pot with water and bring to a boil. Continue to boil the bones in water, adding bay leaves and a splash of vinegar (to extract some of the calcium from the bones) until you have a good strong broth (I usually boil the bones for 2 to 3 days). Strain out the bones and return to the stove. Add cooked chicken that has been cut into bite sized pieces. Add coked bacon, garlic, pepper, and salt to taste. Chop some carrots, celery, broccoli, and any other vegetables (you could also use frozen vegetables) and heat throughout. Before serving cook some noodles or rice and stir into soup.

Project Picture:

Class: SoAR
Project Name: Shepherd's Pie
Brief Description: We just bulk bought a lot of Yukon Gold potatoes. We also had a rabbit in our fridge (we raise meat rabbits) that needed to be used. I had half of a pie crust left from making pies for my sister's birthday and knew just how I was going to use it. I made a shepherd's pie using the rabbit, some chicken, broccoli, carrots, celery, onion, cream of celery soup, cream, butter, and milk. I covered the pie with mashed potatoes. I made this pie pretty much same way I make chicken soup, that is without a recipe and with a lot of improv. I layered a mixture of chicken and rabbit pan fried with an onion, and garlic and chopped vegetables mixed with a can of cream of mushroom soup in a pastry lined pie dish. I baked the pie at 350 degrees fahrenheit for about 30 minutes and then poured in some cream and milk before covering it with mashed Yukon Gold potatoes. The pie came out a little runny ( I should have added a thickening agent) and needed a little salt (something we rarely use in our house) but other than that it was really good.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Lobster Bean
Project Name: Scented Playdough
Brief Description: My littlest sister's birthday was this month and I made some homemade playdough [from here]. I made two batches and waited until it was cool to add color. I divided each batch into 4 and kneaded in color and essential oils (clary sage, peppermint, lime, bitter orange, and rosemary). My little sister is currently living with her mother and and stepfather (my mom is her stepmother and she is my half-sister through an adoption by her dad), we gave this scented playdough so that she would think of us and our home and know that we will always remember and love her.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013 12:54:45 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glittering Beauty Backstage at Chanel Fall 2013
Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 Backstage Beauty with Pat McGrath
Backstage Beauty - Deborah Lippmann Mani Cam
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Get a Holiday Party Makeup Look in 10 Minutes
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Create an Indulgent Home Spa Experience
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...