A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 92723 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2013 08:29:36 AM »

Everything looks great so far! I just realized that the name of this craftalong is a redundancy. HPC craftalong = Harry Potter Craftalong craftalong, yes? *giggles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2013 08:41:09 AM »

Psst....  Hey, you.  Yeah...  you....  
Are you all ready for a brand new *series* of Craftalong Challenges? Stay tuned for a new adventure headed your way...

Aaaahhhh! Madness! Madness, I tell you!! I can't wait to find out!  Cheesy Roll Eyes Wink

Are you guys getting sick of this so-called "Professor" Umbridge too?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013 08:41:33 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2013 09:11:52 AM »

*Exciting!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2013 09:36:33 AM »

Psst....  Hey, you.  Yeah...  you.... 
Are you all ready for a brand new *series* of Craftalong Challenges? Stay tuned for a new adventure headed your way...

sure, 'cause I don't already check this thread a borderline obsessive amount
(I wonder how much more I'd craft if I was sewing instead?)

*refresh*refresh*refresh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2013 10:16:32 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Are you sick of Umbridge already?  Do you want to learn - properly learn - practical defensive magic?  Do you need to know what it's really like facing him?  Facing Vo... Voldemorte?   Are you ready for a brand new epic *series* of Craftalong Challenges? Do you have what it takes to join Dumbledore's Army?

Well then you are in luck my friends because your Headmistresses have dreamed up another awesome challenge for you!  This challenge series will span three HPC semesters, and cover the journey taken by our favorite Trio, and their faithful friends, as they fought to learn magic, and fought to live in a world without fear or prejudice.  Each individual challenge will have a specified time frame, much like you saw in Summer Quidditch.  This Fall Semester will contain 3 awesome challenges that will lead up to your lessons with Harry, as he teaches you defensive spells over Winter Semester.  And you can't begin to imagine what we have in store for the Spring Semester.... Wink  

So, where do we begin?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2013 10:20:45 AM »

~*Fear of a Name Challenge*~
September 11th - October 9th  

"Harry, don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."

Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.  This is a lesson that all Potter fans take to heart; that facing your fears is the first step towards defeating them.  Hermione began to face her fears when she said Voldemorte's name for the very first time.  For this challenge you will will learn from her example, and face your crafting fears.  You must choose to craft something in a new medium that you have been afraid to try before, OR, you may craft something in a medium you are familiar with, but with a new technique that you have been afraid to try before.  For example, perhaps your a a knitter, and have made tons of knitted items, but you've always been afraid to try cables.  Then this is your chance to try knitting the heck out of those cables!  Since you will be trying new things, you have 4 weeks to complete this challenge, giving you lots of time to make mistakes and perfect your technique.  So go ahead, and face that fear. 

***Please remember, you can choose to do any, all, or none of the Challenges and Challenge Series that come up.  The goal here is always to have fun and to be excited about our crafting!  None of the Challenges are intended to cause you stress or strife.  Even your Headmistresses do NOT plan to do ALL the things.  So craft on Friends, craft on.***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2013 01:03:56 PM »

"Harry, don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."

Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.  This is a lesson that all Potter fans take to heart; that facing your fears is the first step towards defeating them.  Hermione began to face her fears when she said Voldemorte's name for the very first time.  For this challenge you will will learn from her example, and face your crafting fears.  You must choose to craft something in a new medium that you have been afraid to try before, OR, you may craft something in a medium you are familiar with, but with a new technique that you have been afraid to try before.  For example, perhaps your a a knitter, and have made tons of knitted items, but you've always been afraid to try cables.  Then this is your chance to try knitting the heck out of those cables!  Since you will be trying new things, you have 4 weeks to complete this challenge, giving you lots of time to make mistakes and perfect your technique.  So go ahead, and face that fear.  

***Please remember, you can choose to do any, all, or none of the Challenges and Challenge Series that come up.  The goal here is always to have fun and to be excited about our crafting!  None of the Challenges are intended to cause you stress or strife.  Even your Headmistresses do NOT plan to do ALL the things.  So craft on Friends, craft on.***

Oooooh... that sounds soooo good!!! Cheesy Definitely will try my hand on this! Cheesy *strides away to find the Room of Requirement*
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013 01:05:40 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2013 04:28:54 PM »

Ooooh!  Hooray for Dumbledore's Army!!  Cheesy

Flying through quickly to post these.  Hopefully will return to comment later. Smiley

Class: Flying
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Sheepish Night
Project Description: I originally set out to make a needlebook, but with the colours of felt I had (well, the nicest ones. . . Smiley  )  and the wispy nature of felted things, I suddenly HAD to make something inspired by Van Gogh's Starry Night (De sterrennacht.)  I'd love a view like this while night flying. Smiley  My intention was to just do the moon, a star or two and a swirl, but I found myself adding more and more. Tongue  By the time I was done, it looked REALLY silly folded in half, so it became a patch. Smiley
Project Pic:

I then decided to make a little Treasure Envelope and fix my patch onto it.  Thus was born. . .

Challenge: House Unity
House :Hufflepuff
Project Name: Unity Pouch
Project Description: I had some lovely Ravenclaw blue yarn, and could only see it edged in gold. I know it's supposed to be bronze or grey, but I've seen things with gold, too. The button came from a lovely Ravenclaw's stash (Molly Merula Smiley  ) and I topped it with a Ravenclaw shield covered by an epoxy sticker.  My flash made it hard to get a good pic, though. :/  Anyway, I made this pouch for my earbuds and MP3 player (remember the Aparecium tin that DID NOT FIT them? Tongue)  Well, more crafting FAIL mojo struck, and the patch looked really stupid on the BACK of the pouch, but was too big for the front.  Talk about planning fail.  But I ended up with a great pouch anyway.  I'll have to think of something fun to fix my patch to. Smiley
Project Pic:

Project Pic:

I guess the moral of this story (if there is one) is that while two crafting FAILs  may not make you happy, they do make TWO requirements. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013 04:31:53 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
bookie0013
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2013 04:47:42 PM »

Oh Moonflame!! I loooooove that felted Starry Night. That is my all time favorite painting by my favorite artist! So awesome  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2013 05:42:57 PM »

Firstly, thank you so much to noodle-bug, naantje (I'm sure i spelled that wrong sorry Cry), and Badwolf for their amazing S.P.E.W. contributions. I again received them all after some more bad news....and so I felt much better afterwords.

after a trip to the ER I was told by my oncologist that I have spots on my liver. It could be nothing but I could also mean that I am stage 4 cancer instead of stage 3. And this news came only days after our loving black cat passed out of our lives; Baz was an amazing black cat that suddenly wondered into our apartment ten years ago and had made our lives very blessed. He will be very, very missed.

on that note I made a tribute to Baz Aquaheart.

Class: Divination
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Black Baz memorial hat
Project Description: Nothing could be more true than the good things that come to your life when you suddenly find yourself graced by the presence of a black cat in your home. Baz....you were wonderful and I will miss you forever!

Class: SoAR
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Pumpkin Jack-o-lantern
Project Description: Nothing means the best of a fall harvest than the bringing in of the pumpkins and carving them up for halloween so I made a hat to reflect my yearly harvest of plenty revelry.

And to Lelyonna: These are my dragon cores....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Mottled Background with Acrylic Paint
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh Talk Art and Basketball At Art Basel
How to Paint a Sky With Acrylic
How to Paint Waves, Rocks, and Surf with Acrylic
How to Paint Trees With Acrylic
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...