A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 91638 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2013 12:16:51 PM »

@Abbee: awwww...I adore your hoopla!..and I love that robot fabric..what a cute shirt, and the dino button would be just the perfect addition! Grin

~*Headmistress casts Homonculous Charm - You are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2013 01:11:55 PM »

This is a fly-by post!

House Pride: Unity
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: HPC Love mini book
Brief Description: Last night was the deadline for the One Tiny Thing Challenge and since I really, really wanted to do it, I told everyone to occupy themselves for a while (and possibly eat cereal for dinner) so I could get something made. What came out of that bit of time was a wee book dedicated to the HPC and what it means to me.

The rest of the pictures are HERE.

Once the swaps I am working on get finished, I am going to tackle these classes. Great job on all of the fantastic projects so far everyone! (Chancey is too cute!  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2013 02:30:12 PM »

pinning that rat hoop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2013 06:38:50 PM »

@pottermouth: awwwww...your OTHPCT is awesome!  You ROCK! Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2013 08:47:16 PM »

netchez - That Rubik's Cube is awesome.  I think this would make a really fun Christmas present.

midkiffsjoy - Like everyone else, I'm in awe of that amazing clipboard.

Y'all are so inspiring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)
  • August Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2013 10:25:26 PM »

rockmygypsysoul- Smiley  Netchez says its cause there's 4 of us crafting in the same house and we bounce ideas off each other.  I think it has something to do with creativity and insanity going hand in hand. Lol Smiley  I LOVE the ring board.  It's so indispensable already.  I love Mom's rubiks cube too!!!!  It was SUCH a great idea, and I just love how it turned out.  Cheesy 

Abberoad- awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww That is SO SWEET!!!!!!  Cheesy  Your Aunt is going to LOVE it!!!! OMG!!!!  THAT ROBOT SHIRT IS SO COOL!!!! Cheesy

Pottermouth- Oh your little mini book is SO CUTE!!! Smiley  And ABS squeals and says Thank you. Smiley

VincentVanBuck- Thank you.  The only downside of the chart is that we can see our progress, side by side, and it's just a touch of a race now.  Though it IS modivating when I can tell the boy child, Dude!!!  If you get your three classes posted you'll be even with your sister!!!  It perks him right up. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying Class
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Birds in a nest
Project Page Link (if available):http://pinterest.com/pin/212795151116488880/
Brief Description: My wand DEFINITELY has to go to the shop!!!  I went into the kitchen and set out to make bread.  I make mind blowing egg bread and the kids have been after me to make some lately.  But my mind MUST have been on my classes because when I waved my wand and uttered the spell to bake the bread something INCREDIBLE happened!!!  O.O  The dough turned into a nest of BIRDS!!!!  Well, I know I had been thinking about my flying project, but I didn't expect THAT to happen!!!! 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration Class
Project Name: Hedgehog  Loaf
Project Page Link (if available):http://pinterest.com/pin/531143349774028571/
Brief Description: After the bird incident I was a little unnerved, but the kids were still hungry for my egg bread, so I waved my wand again and got.... O.O  a hedgehog???  o.O  *blink*blink*  This was just TOO weird!!! 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology Class
Project Name: Tree of Life Loaf
Project Page Link (if available): Free handed it.
Brief Description: So NOW I'm COMPLETELY wigged out!!!  But EVERYONE is hungry!!!!  I let my dough rise for 3 hours and everyone had been looking FORWARD to my bread ALL DAY.  SO.  I raised my wand, said a little prayer, and waved it toward some dough....  and it turned into a Yggdrasil.  O.O  Wow.  That reminds me of the Whomping Willow!!!  O.O  Tree bread.  Who knew? 
So I've turned in my naughty wand.  But in the meantime let me share my recipe with you.  It started as a recipe in a Better Homes and Garden's New Cook Book, but I change everything. I'm always playing with recipes to make them better.  Here's it's current incarnation....

Egg Bread
6 7 c all purpose flour (Ive made this with 100% wheat flour and got a very good loaf)
2 packages active dry yeast
2c milk (or buttermilk, or kiefer, or cheese whey.... love me some cheese whey bread : )
c butter (NOT MARGARINE)
2 TSP sea salt
4 eggs 
Oven 375

In a large mixer bowl combine 3c of flour and the yeast.  In a saucepan heat milk, sugar, butter, and salt just till warm (115.  Any higher and it'll kill the yeast.  Been there. Done that.  Don't do it.) The butter will be almost melted. Stir while doing this.  (It won't mind if you get the flour together for the next step while it's heating, just remember to stir ever so often).  Add to flour mix.  Add eggs.  Beat at low speed of mixer 1/2min, scraping sides.  Beat at high for 3mins.  (A word about times.... it doesn't really care.  If you mix  it for 3mins or 5 mins, it's gonna be okay.  Relax.  The best bread is made when you aren't sweating it. : )  Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can with a spoon. (meh.  I mix it in with my standup mixer. : )  Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough. (This part is the most fun.  Kneading bread is so relaxing and babies LOVE to be worn on your back while your kneading bread.  They go RIGHT to sleep. : )  Shape into a ball.  Spray a bowl with spray, drop your dough ball in, then turn it over in the bowl.  Push to the side of your counter, drape a clean kitchen towel over the bowl and let rest and rise for 1h 30mins.  Punch down and divide.  It'll make 2 HUGE loaves (book's suggestion.  I've had the dough rise over the pans.), or 3 NICE loaves, or 4 decent sized loaves (what I do).  I then drape the kitchen towel back over them and let rise for another 1h 30mins.  Right before you put it in the oven brush loaves with egg white.  Bake in a 375 degree oven 35 40 mins or until done. 

THESE loaves didn't go in for THAT long because they were all different sizes and thicknesses.  You just have to play with it to get it the way you want it.  And remember to RELAX and let your creative magic FLOW through you.  Cheesy  Best part of today in the kitchen was that ALL four kids (even the baby) came in and shaped dough with me!!!  Cheesy  ABS made a Ghastly pokemon roll, and ALB made a Tardis roll.  ALS made several snail rolls.  ABS made a lump roll. Cheesy  It would have been better, I think, to have used raisins for the eyes, but my raisins had "disappeared" so I used cloves, and rolled dough.  Smiley

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2013 02:47:53 AM »

Wow, so much great things on here since I posted last!

@Nicejeanie - loving the frog & his view! And the snickerdoodle muffins look just ready to jump into my mouth! Wink Never had snickerdoodles, I don't think...

@Pinkdelia - what a cute Hat - will have to check pinterest for it, although I'm not sure if my girls (both 2 as well) will be happy wearing a beret-style hat yet (they DO suddenly love wearing hats though - in their first 1.5 years they constantly pulled anything on their head down - now they pull it all on).

@AnnoyingBigSister: That's one pink Chancey Pencil topper!! Cheesy Fimo and polymer clay is my next stop in the crafting world, I think...

@BadWolf - what a cuuuute hedgehog! So much detail for such a small thing!! And a t-shirt pillow case is a great idea - here was me thinking the only way to save our "retired" T's is with a T'shirt quilt... Another idea to add to my folder!!

@Jennieingram: LOVE those bracelets. I don't wear bracelets myself, but I love the charms and colour schemes in yours!

@Bookie: Loving the colours in your necklace! And the wand is just fab, too!

@Jenleahlynn: What a great tiny book!

@Vincentvanbuck: Great Lino print - I haven't done them since I was about 10 I think... Shocked And then only once, and nearly chipped my hand too (which might have been the reason why I have never tried it again)

@Netchez: Oh wow! The Marauder's Magic Rubic Cube is just great! Must have been sooo fiddly though! And Infusion of Garlic sounds interesting... Handmade Grocery bags are on my list to do at some point, too!

@Midskiffjoy: Like the others, I just LOVE your clipboard!! NEED one of those!! Smiley And I just LOVE the look of your breads - they look so absolutely yummie!! Will definitely try that recipe once we're back home!

@Abbeeroad: The hoop is just so cute! And I just signed up with Sewdaily to have a look at the patterns!!

@Pottermouth - wow, what a teeny tiny book!

So far we had too nice a weather to do crafting, instead there was lots of walking/exploring/visiting friends - however, weather forecast is for rain today and tomorrow (and it started nearly on the dot time wise!) so I think I'll be able to cast on some wool for either crochet or knitting. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2013 05:29:10 AM »

Ant Bee-  Thank you.  ...THIS FRIDAY!!!???!!!  O.O  Netchez has been working on a spell to conjure a time turner.  I'm sure she'd let you borrow it for such a worthy cause.  GOOD LUCK!!!!! Smiley

This. Friday.  O.o  I keep getting held back at work- 12 hour days are not conducive to getting my yarning done! Wish me luck that today I get out on time! Too bad it's supposed to be about 100 degrees F today around here and I'm the loony working on a big yarn blanket with fleece backing! haha! Good times...

Enjoy the crafty day, HPC peeps!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013 05:02:40 PM by Ant Bee - Reason: Puttin' on the ritz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2013 07:20:30 AM »

Psst....  Hey, you.  Yeah...  you.... 
Are you all ready for a brand new *series* of Craftalong Challenges? Stay tuned for a new adventure headed your way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2013 08:01:24 AM »

Psst....  Hey, you.  Yeah...  you.... 
Are you all ready for a brand new *series* of Craftalong Challenges? Stay tuned for a new adventure headed your way...

Aaaahhhh! Madness! Madness, I tell you!! I can't wait to find out!  Cheesy Roll Eyes Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Food Photographer Carl Warner
The Art of Food Photography
CNET.Com: Create a Time Lapse Video
How to Build a Picavet for Balloon Photography
7 Items for Awesome Lighted Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...