A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT October Holidays Edition 5 (SIGNUP 8/31/13 - 9/22/13; MAIL BY 10/21/13)  (Read 20844 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moriarT
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2013 10:15:25 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments on my cake guys, it means a lot! I definitely was proud of it, I had a bit of help from a friend who does that kind of thing professionally but it was all my own design and work, they just gave me a bit of advice and let me use their tools. And yes - it is all made out of fondant!!

My favourite season would definitely have to be Spring. Here in Australia we are just entering Spring and I couldn't be happier. It is like the world is waking up from winter, the sun is out (but not too hot like in summer!!!!!) I love all the flowers and baby animals. But mostly the flowers, walking down the streets to see them lined with blossom trees makes me feel all fuzzy inside and I also really, really love daffodils! Autumn comes second, because just like in spring there is so many changes I love to see, leaves changing colour and - my favourite - jumping in them once they fall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2013 01:55:24 PM »

Well, spring it is for me as well. After a long cold winter (which I hate) I can open the windows and breathe in fresh air. Spring makes me feel so much happier. Driving is easier. Trees are filling in after looking so desolate.

Any yay for partners soon. It seems as this has been the longest sign up ever. There are too many participants for me to stalk them all, so I need one person to focus (stalk) on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2013 05:11:55 PM »

I love summer! But I am certain I would love them all if I lived somewhere where there were actual seasons instead of summer followed by 9-10 months of cloudy with rain  Tongue Still love Halloween, though! It's so awesome I almost don't mind summer ending.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2013 05:30:25 PM »

There are definitely things I love about each season and as soon as they begin I love them, but I'm over them by the end! I would have to say that I do love fall. Maybe it comes from being in school for so long, but it always feels like a fresh start. I know the "New Year" is supposed to be the beginning, but I've always associated it with fall. That and I love sweaters more than I love anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Painted Sparrow

The Beautiful Ugly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2013 06:38:39 PM »

I'm torn between autumn & winter. I like the briskness in the air, the colors of the leaves, & the color of the sunlight in autumn. But I love snow & the beauty of ice on the trees in winter. Since moving from MN to GA, I think I'm more nostalgic for winter & snow, but truly love that winter is pretty much fall. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teller of Stories, Creator of Worlds, One of the Imagining Ones.
MRDes on FB
gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2013 06:46:31 PM »

3-What is your favorite season and why is it special to you?

I think I really like the fall seasons more than anything else.
Thanksgiving and Christmas. They just remind me of family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2013 07:07:48 PM »

Autumn - my favorite hands down.  The smell of decaying leaves, bonfires, marching band season, coffee, hot apple cider, pumpkin everything!  I simply LOVE Autumn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2013 08:34:28 PM »

Fall/Autumn is my favorite season.  Like irid3sc3nt, it gives me an evocative nostalgic feeling. Not a nostalgia for being anywhere else, because this is where I want to be in the Fall, when the days get cooler after our brutal Summer.  I can start working outside again, and the Fall garden can be quite productive.  In a warm year it may produce through most of Winter.  We start gathering firewood to heat the house, though actually having fires won't happen for months. 
Woodsmoke!  And the smell of burning leaves (not in CO, back in IA).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2013 08:38:01 PM »

Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love being cuddled in warm soft blankets and drinking more tea than anyone really should, indulging in cocoa with marshmallows, baking, the smell of cinnamon brooms from trader joe's and of course...HALLOWEEN! I moved up to Salem OR and every day feels like Halloween! It is so beautiful! Grin

I wouldn't mind visiting Salem one day.  I read a long while ago that a theory for the girls that claimed to see witchcraft was caused by ergotism.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2013 11:30:22 PM »

I love Autumn!  We don't really have seasons around here but in Autumn, it at least cools down after the blah summers.  I love the colors of autumn, smells associated with autumn (pumpkin spice, cinnamon, apples, etc), tastes of autumn (pumpkin pie, pumpkin anything really, candy corn, apple cider) and the holidays of autumn (Halloween and Thanksgiving)!  I am salivating just thinking of how awesome autumn is and tastes LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Wine Cork X and O Stamps
How to Make a Valentine’s Jewelry Bag
How to Make Scrapbooks with Leeza Gibbons
Martha Stewart Makes Candlesticks with Josh Duhamel
How to Create Monster Salt Crystals
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...