A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Discussion and Gallery Round 10 - 12  (Read 31547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2013 06:25:07 PM »

I think it would be great if this swap was opened in August next summer.  It felt like this ongoing swap went by really quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #371 on: November 21, 2013 01:51:52 PM »

I think it would be great if this swap was opened in August next summer.  It felt like this ongoing swap went by really quickly.

Are you kidding?  I could do this swap all year along with the OWS.  Between the husband and I we have four parents, 10 siblings and siblings-in-law, 8 nieces and nephews, 4 very close friends who we count as family and their 3 children, plus our puppies (and there is always the husband himself) plus miscellaneous gifting times like Mother's and Father's Days, anniversaries, baby showers, and so on.  I am making gifts all year long and the OWS swap helps but it's also fun to get stuff for me from that   Wink

Seriously, I would be in for this swap on a year-long basis.  But I definitely would love starting in August - my work (freelance grant writing) is usually much slower in August and September and then picks up, so not only would I have the time to spare, it's also part of why I try to get my Christmas and winter crafting done as early as possible since work gets really hectic this time of year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #372 on: November 21, 2013 02:36:46 PM »

Hmmm.....that's something to think about. I know what you mean, there are gift giving holidays all year long. I just wouldn't want to take away from the ows. I would love to hear what Averia has to say.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: November 21, 2013 03:04:56 PM »

I think there is room for both!  Cheesy

Although I also suspect that organizing these swaps every single month all year round could have a down side... especially having to keep 2-3 swap slots tied up... Maybe we could alternate some months... OWS 100 in January, OHLS in Feb, OWS in March, OHLS in April, OWS May, OHLS June, OWS July, OHLS in Aug,  then both each month Sept, Oct & Nov as we get ready for the holidays? I dunno, would that be too weird?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #374 on: November 21, 2013 03:16:19 PM »

Hmmm....that does sound interesting. I do think some people like to do both at the same time.  And I totally agree with you on the swap spots! Lol, but I do love this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2013 03:24:08 PM »

Remember when I needed an angel or 2 for round 10? Well, it appears that my angel wasn't working out so I'm asking for another on (or two). I've put up a request here

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429184.0#axzz2lKDVcpQd

You can pm me if you're interested. Thanks!!

EDIT: an angel has been found for watsonc7, just need one more angel for me Roll Eyes

EDIT #2: angels found! Thanks!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013 06:23:47 PM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Momof2!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2013 04:29:10 PM »

I would do this swap all year. I was thinking just the other day that it would be great if it ran all year. I could be totally ready for Christmas next year. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2013 05:56:39 PM »

I totally agree!  I really think that this swap could be helpful for gifts for other holidays, as well as birthdays of our loved ones, etc...  I would also join this if it were a year round swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
guacaMolly
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2013 07:22:53 PM »

Okay, I am SHAMEFULLY late in posting this, but I was punishing myself by not opening the box until I sent out my late claim to our ever so patient organizer! As soon as I join a swap everything falls apart... my boss quits (ack, we were already understaffed!!) and then I get the flu. Well, such is my life-- without any further adieu, the amazing Momof2! sent me not two, four or five but SIX jams/jellies in three flavors

Yummy!! My husband and I are usually low carb-- but I am mostly certain that an apple butter will sneak its way into my possession-- my favorite, ever.  Cheesy

The rest will find loving and exciting homes as stocking stuffers and in Christmas gift baskets-- I'm sure a Spiced Pear Jam will go to my dad, he loves that flavor!

Thanks again Momof2! and I am so sorry for the late love-- but it is certainly lots and lots of love.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watsonc7

« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2013 07:54:32 PM »

I would totally join both ongoing swaps year round!!  Tons of birthdays and year-round grandma spoilage and things that I want or don't have time to make myself....don't get my lil heart beating!

Those jams are making my mouth water, I really need to learn to make jams (and other canned stuff)!

Mama24boyz, thanks for getting us angels...again lol

I got a claim from texscrapper today for 2 initial baby shirts for my nieces and ohhhh they are so cute and perfect, the monogramming is insane!  I know both of their mothers are going to freak out...both of my nieces are the first girls in their families so they are pink freaks!  Thanks texscrapper!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Boxee Co-Founder Idan Cohen on What He Learned from Photography
Shaun White Photo Behind the Scenes
Eight Young Artists Pose for a Photo By Ryan McNamara
Sacred Angkor
Ancient Marks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...