A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,906
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 (SO Oct3)  (Read 3564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013 08:07:44 PM »

I will be posting pics tomorrow... sorry I'm taking so long, Nolansmomster!

ohhhhh... and I just remembered the goodies. I've been suffering from munchies the past hour and nothing here.  I'll take a pic first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013 11:27:25 PM »

FreakieGeekie: what gets me is the stereotypical TV image of "OMG! It's Satan... grab a cross and a bible and hold them in front of you to ward him off! Oh no... it's not working. READING it will work!" when Satan surely knows the bible backwards and forwards better than any man or woman due to his origins.

Indeed! For my NaNo project, demons don't like holy things but holy items don't bother fallen angels, which are completely different entities Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chase_acow
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013 11:16:17 PM »

My favorite thing is this mug with the gorgeous designs and the quote "Expect anything from anyone the devil was an angel too" and a pair of wings ♥♥

I'm so glad you like the mug and it made it there in one piece. I tried to take all the best parts of the make-your-own-mug posts and put 'em together. I did a scratch test, and I think it'll hold up. I saw that quote on your pinterest, and I thought it was a great way for a writer to think about their characters.  :  )

I got your extras yesterday! Thank you so much for the key/wing earrings combo. Those will definitely put me in a writerly mood when I'm wearing them, and the extra notecards will come in very handy. You totally didn't have to, but I'm glad you did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a geek, and I dispatch for a bunch of geek cops. I like writing, playing video games, and making messes while attempting to craft.

I'd love to do personal swaps if something I do is interesting to you. I love doing themed swaps.
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013 02:20:26 AM »

Yay they made it! I wanted to send them sooner but our puppy chewed up the envelope and I had to find another. He likes chewing up things he shouldn't. Like my sister's NaNo binder! Grin

So glad it's in one piece because I'm in love with it ♥♥
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013 06:37:14 PM »

Yay ! All partners sent and received, feedback given Smiley

Hope to see pics from the few who's not posted yet (which includes me. I will buy batteries tomorrow and get pics taken and posted)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013 08:40:42 PM »

Sorry, Eclectic! I meant to post those photos agrees ago, but I've been distracted with a sick kiddo... I just have to find them first...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013 06:08:27 PM »

I received a fabulous package from Jemimah! I ran into some problems taking pictures tho. Phoebe has decided the pillow is hers and she got quite feisty about defending her pillow. There was an awful lot of hissing when I firmly explained that she would have to give it up so I could take pictures. I also had to use hubby's very nice camera which I can not figure out well enough to upload pictures.

Here is a picture of everything (oops, other than the very cute card). There is the beautiful pillow of course, lovely wrist warmers for those cold November nights of typing, a very cute bookmark and a handcrafted notepad.

Here is a closeup of the gloves - she sent the label and a bit of leftover yarn as well - It is 40% brushtail possum... who knew you could make lovely yarn out of brushtail possum? Not me Cheesy

A closeup of the bookmark and the notepad

I must put in some close ups of Jemimah's amazing stitching. I love the fabrics and the motif she chose for this pillow!!! I wish I had better camera skills but you should be able to get an idea of how detailed and well done the stitching is.

Thank you Jemimah!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013 07:29:58 PM »

Wow... jemimah! That pillow is stunning! Sad I feel like such a bad crafter now lol.

Nolansmomster: eventually one of us will get to it Smiley I just realized I totally forgot to buy batteries on my way home from work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013 01:35:59 PM »

Yay, I'm so happy you like your package Averia! Smiley

I'm pleased Phoebe approves of your pillow! Cheesy Although I had a concept in mind, I basically did it freehand and made it up as I went along, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

The possum yarn is a New Zealand speciality. Our possums were introduced from Australia and are rather different from your North American possums. Their fur is super warm and light. In NZ they are a major ecological disaster, so it is very eco-friendly to turn them into gloves and scarves etc.! (thought a little extra yarn might come in handy if you ever have to make repairs)

Thank you for a fab swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Korean Tacos
How to Make Naan Bread
How to Make Onion Bhaji
Making Pad Thai
How to Make Raita
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...