A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 316,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Assemblage Art Swap - sign up CLOSED, send out extended to 10/11  (Read 25308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artista83
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2013 07:01:31 PM »

i may be feeling a smidge better atm. either that or it is just that i am in a better mood. i did make it to the post today for a different swap. still have to package everything for the other swaps i am in. crossing fingers for a full recovery soon i hope!

loves you guys and miss all my friends. sorry i am not on as often as normal. been poppin in and leaving comp (as didi keeps not napping...i keep trying to get on here though!)

i never thought i would say this. but omg i so want some chicken raman noodles lol. they had this chicken curry one i lovvvveee but havent been able to find it in stores around here. they were in these square packages and look just like the orange wrapper ones, but i think they are yellow.  let me know if anyone sees any let me know what store name it was at as i just cant find the chicken curry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2013 07:22:19 PM »

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better, Artista. I'm getting over a bad cold myself, and just when I think I'm past it, I get dragged back down again.

And Sheepblue, I have to warn you that while I love simple assemblages, I'm not able to do it myself. What you are getting is definitely not simple, I'm afraid.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2013 08:56:56 PM »

i kinda know what you mean wulf! for another swap i was in i was asked to sculpt some faces, i did a detailed and they liked it but wanted simple for the others, well one picasso style and one weathered or whatnot with no nose. now that was very difficult, i am so used to making smirking or detailed faces that omg, i had such a hard time! i kept wanting to make them in the style i am more comfortable ie detailed. i guess i need to practice getting out of my comfort zone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2013 10:49:11 PM »

Comfort is an illusion as far as I can tell....as soon as I feel comfortable, something comes along to ...remind me?...that thought is self indulgent...but I'm in a freeky place at the mo.  Art is meant to be uncomfortable...at least as far as I can feel Grin
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013 10:50:36 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2013 04:21:11 AM »

And Sheepblue, I have to warn you that while I love simple assemblages, I'm not able to do it myself. What you are getting is definitely not simple, I'm afraid.

Wulf

Haha, I love crazy detailed assemblages too so there's no worries there! I just am not sure I have the talent to balance a tremendous amount of detail without it feeling overwhelmed to me. But I am super excited to see what you made!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2013 06:55:24 AM »

Speaking of comfort, I am definitely more comfortable with more direction and boundaries. I have three different possibilities laid out and can't decide which direction to take. I feel like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz; (paraphrasing) some folks go this way, some folks go that way, and some folks go both. I would like to go both, please. Must decide today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2013 11:17:34 AM »

haha I'm still staring at a pile of stuff waiting for it to tell me what it wants to be....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!

I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art..."  Vladimir Nabok
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2013 04:35:53 AM »

***Organizers Note***

Reminder - the final send out date is next Tuesday! If you are going to be late sending please PM me and your partner to give us a heads up. If I don't hear anything I'll be expecting a ton of awesome packages to be in the mail by then  Wink

Also I'll be heading out of town tomorrow for a long weekend at my folk's place. I'll still have access to the internet but I may be a little slower to respond to PMs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2013 09:54:26 AM »

mine will def be sent on time! or before. i have like 3 packages to mail today. just have to use e6000 for something for this one bf i can mail out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2013 10:40:06 PM »

Still pounding away. Having fun though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...