A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,530
Currently Running With Scissors:
368 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Assemblage Art Swap - sign up CLOSED, send out extended to 10/11  (Read 15201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artista83
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2013 07:01:31 PM »

i may be feeling a smidge better atm. either that or it is just that i am in a better mood. i did make it to the post today for a different swap. still have to package everything for the other swaps i am in. crossing fingers for a full recovery soon i hope!

loves you guys and miss all my friends. sorry i am not on as often as normal. been poppin in and leaving comp (as didi keeps not napping...i keep trying to get on here though!)

i never thought i would say this. but omg i so want some chicken raman noodles lol. they had this chicken curry one i lovvvveee but havent been able to find it in stores around here. they were in these square packages and look just like the orange wrapper ones, but i think they are yellow.  let me know if anyone sees any let me know what store name it was at as i just cant find the chicken curry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2013 07:22:19 PM »

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better, Artista. I'm getting over a bad cold myself, and just when I think I'm past it, I get dragged back down again.

And Sheepblue, I have to warn you that while I love simple assemblages, I'm not able to do it myself. What you are getting is definitely not simple, I'm afraid.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2013 08:56:56 PM »

i kinda know what you mean wulf! for another swap i was in i was asked to sculpt some faces, i did a detailed and they liked it but wanted simple for the others, well one picasso style and one weathered or whatnot with no nose. now that was very difficult, i am so used to making smirking or detailed faces that omg, i had such a hard time! i kept wanting to make them in the style i am more comfortable ie detailed. i guess i need to practice getting out of my comfort zone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2013 10:49:11 PM »

Comfort is an illusion as far as I can tell....as soon as I feel comfortable, something comes along to ...remind me?...that thought is self indulgent...but I'm in a freeky place at the mo.  Art is meant to be uncomfortable...at least as far as I can feel Grin
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013 10:50:36 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2013 04:21:11 AM »

And Sheepblue, I have to warn you that while I love simple assemblages, I'm not able to do it myself. What you are getting is definitely not simple, I'm afraid.

Wulf

Haha, I love crazy detailed assemblages too so there's no worries there! I just am not sure I have the talent to balance a tremendous amount of detail without it feeling overwhelmed to me. But I am super excited to see what you made!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2013 06:55:24 AM »

Speaking of comfort, I am definitely more comfortable with more direction and boundaries. I have three different possibilities laid out and can't decide which direction to take. I feel like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz; (paraphrasing) some folks go this way, some folks go that way, and some folks go both. I would like to go both, please. Must decide today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2013 11:17:34 AM »

haha I'm still staring at a pile of stuff waiting for it to tell me what it wants to be....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2013 04:35:53 AM »

***Organizers Note***

Reminder - the final send out date is next Tuesday! If you are going to be late sending please PM me and your partner to give us a heads up. If I don't hear anything I'll be expecting a ton of awesome packages to be in the mail by then  Wink

Also I'll be heading out of town tomorrow for a long weekend at my folk's place. I'll still have access to the internet but I may be a little slower to respond to PMs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2013 09:54:26 AM »

mine will def be sent on time! or before. i have like 3 packages to mail today. just have to use e6000 for something for this one bf i can mail out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2013 10:40:06 PM »

Still pounding away. Having fun though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Roasted Pork and Potted Vegetables
How to Make Biscuits and Frankfurters
How to Make a Low Country Boil
How To Carve A Turkey
Tossed Spinach Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...