A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Book Swap Rd 2 (Sign Ups Closed; Send Outs Oct 12)  (Read 9848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« on: August 27, 2013 12:28:27 PM »

Swap name: Favorite Book Swap Rd 2

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: donniesgirl

Sign-up date range: Aug 27 – Sep 7

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24, or I’ll get a co-org if needed

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement?

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

Who loves a good book? And who doesn't love sharing their favorite ones? In this swap, we will be swapping one of your favorite books that you think your partner will like based on the questionnaire. We'll also be swapping some crafty goodies (one medium and two smalls) based on the book(s) or genre(s) you send.

Your book can be thrifted or used, just make sure it’s in decent condition. Don’t send a book that is in such a bad condition you wouldn’t buy it yourself. One book is the minimum, but feel free to talk with your partner about sending more. (I will also try to match people up based on if they want to send more than one book or not.)

Sizes defined as follows:

Large item: 3 points (A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse; 3 or more hours of crafting time; $30 or more)
Medium item: 2 points (one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf; about 2 hours crafting time; between $10 - 30)
Small item: 1 point (Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks; less than 2 hours crafting time; less than $10)

Your crafted items MUST reflect either the book itself or something of the genre of the book. You can talk with your partner about sending extras, but one medium and two smalls is the minimum.

Please take pictures of your crafted items to post in the gallery. If not, please make arrangements with your partner.

I will try my best to match up people based on their likes and if they want to send more than one book. Please remember, though, that this is to try new books and there are other things to consider when pairing people up.

Make sure to send me the DC# and PM me (with Favorite Book Swap in the subject line) when you send and receive. If you’re not in the USA, please get your country’s equivalent. Also, there is a media rate for sending books/movies/etc, but the post office might not accept this if there is something other than media in your package. Check with your post office though; they might let it pass.

So once again, the minimums: ONE book, ONE medium crafted item and TWO small crafted items. Have fun!  

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Favorite Book Swap Rd 2
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?:
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no):
In the case of an odd number, would you be okay with being in a three way swap? (A --> B --> C --> A):

For the next five questions, please list books you already own or books you don’t want to receive.
Favorite books:
Favorite genres:
Least favorite genres:
Favorite authors:
Least favorite authors:

Are you interested in swapping audiobooks?
Are you interested in swapping more than one book?
Do you need reading glasses?
Do you have any special requests for books you are just DYING to read?
Do you want to be paired with someone with similar tastes or try something completely new?
Do you agree to log in and post a status every week?

Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your household (pets, smoke, etc.)?
Do you have a blog, Wist or any other website where your partner can stalk you…er, get to know you better ?
Favorite colors:
Least favorite colors:
What crafts do you do?
What crafts do you not do but think are totally awesome?
Are there any items you don’t want?
Is there anything else you need the organizer or your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. PLEASE PUT “FAVORITE BOOK SWAP” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR PM. THANKS.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

1. donniesgirl
2. Ludi
3. beeker
4. bunny1kenobi
5. katilady
6. gozer
7. docnessie
8. elyxandra
9. Colorado Deb
10. zadok
11. ale0059

Partners

zadok     <--->     gozer
docnessie     <--->     ale0059
beeker     <--->     elyxandra
katilady     <--->     bunny1kenobi
Ludi     <--->     Colorado Deb

Gallery
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013 09:16:01 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Meep!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013 06:06:11 PM »

Sounds like fun. ..I think I will send in questionnaire when I am at a keyboard as opposed to my phone  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Snarky housewife swap! - crafting my little heart out
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013 07:09:49 PM »

Silly question, but if your partner's favorite book is something they own, should we not put that as favorite, I mean like favorite books we don't own but would love to have a copy of?

Let's say they love a series but want a missing book can we craft something for the entire story line (e.g. Twilight, Hunger Games, Earth's Children)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
donniesgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013 08:20:28 PM »

I think if you get one book in a particular series, crafting for the series is game.  Keeping in mind that if you get them book 1 & craft for something in book 3, they may not get it.  I'd say use your best judgement on that.

On the "favorite authors/books," the questionnaire is for books you already own.  This is to give your partner an idea of the kinds of books you like.  And then there is a separate question for books you are dying to have/read (but don't/haven't).  Did that answer your question?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013 04:55:04 AM »

Yes, thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
beeker

Meep!

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013 06:37:42 AM »

Questionairre sent!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Snarky housewife swap! - crafting my little heart out
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013 07:14:28 AM »

Agh!!! The end of sign ups is the day of my move but I HAVE to do this swap. I know I will need a break from setting things up so I can use this as an excuse. I will work on my questionnaire today!
 And thanks for opening a swap donniesgirl!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013 08:14:28 AM »

Auuuugh!  Gozer, you are a stinker! WHY did you have to send me this link??  I thought I was done with swaps and I could focus on Christmas now....oh, Poop!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013 09:00:18 AM »

Quick question. If we do more than one book do we have to do a Medium and 2 smalls PER book or just 1 Medium and 2 smalls no matter how many books we send?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013 09:13:52 AM »

Quick question. If we do more than one book do we have to do a Medium and 2 smalls PER book or just 1 Medium and 2 smalls no matter how many books we send?

One medium and two smalls for one book is the minimum requirement.  If you wanted to send an extra book, you don't have to do an extra one medium and two smalls.  Smiley

Also, I was PM-ed a question about whether the "craft" could be more artsy & less crafty, so I thought I'd put that out there in case anyone else wondered.  Something like canvas & altered art is totally fine for the crafted items.  And people are also welcome to put that as "What crafts do you not do but think are totally awesome?" since that will help me match people up based on talents/interest.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Processed Apple Products
Incorporating Apples Into Your Life
Creative Vegetable Cooking Tips
Healthy Grilled Fruit
Simple and Nutritious Edamame Hummus
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...