A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ladybug Themed Birthday Party (lots & lots of pic)  (Read 973 times)
Tags for this thread: ladybug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CubanMother
« on: August 26, 2013 07:21:08 AM »

Hello Crafty Ladies,
Another birthday has gone by for my twin granddaughters. This year’s party theme was Ladybugs.

I can’t believe they are 3 years old already!

You can say I went a little overboard with the theme Smiley even the cupcake liners were ladybug themed, but it was so much fun to plan and create all the ladybug birthday crafts.

The Crafts:
The party was at the party area of a children park and zoo. I planned for all the crafts to be disposable. I didn’t want to worry about taking care of centerpieces, ornaments and picking them after the party to take them back home (the plan was a failure, no one wanted to throw away the crafts, and people ended taking them home). I make everything out of cardstock, foam sheets, paper doilies, foam board, felt sheets and gift wrapping paper from The Dollar Tree store and ribbons from Wal-Mart.
I took ladybug graphics from the web and created the birthday party tags, Photo Prop Sign and cupcake toppers in my Photoshop program.
Centerpieces – Made out of carbox, wrapped in ladybug gift wrap paper. “Green grass” made out of a green hula skirt from the Dollar Tree store (cut in 6 pieces for 6 centerpieces).                           

Flowers made out of foam sheets (I use a metal cookie cutter). The stems were bamboo skewers dyed green with food coloring (I try to do crafts using what I have at home as much as I can).
Red cardstock rosettes with big paper doilies and bow ribbon, small paper dollies with a number 3 graphic on white painted bamboo skewers.

Photo Props – Red felt masks with black felt dots and black pipe cleaners antennae, lips, mustaches, signs, hats and a bug net. Great fun! People got really funny pictures with mustaches, masks and hats props.

Ladybug Picture Frame Prop – A big hit! Everyone got a really cute picture with the Ladybug picture frame.

Crafty CubanMother here  Cheesy

Instead of Party Hats, I made Ladybugs antennae headbands (plastic black headbands from eBay), black pipe cleaners and red craft pom poms) with a cute Get your Bug On tag in a Ladybug Plush Basket.

Favors – Inflatable ladybug balls (from Oriental Trading Co.) and Bug Kits from the Dollar Tree.

Candy dishes (Red hot candy and black and red licorice) – Red plastic candy dishes with 3D ladybug stickers.

Little Ladybug Spin Wheels – From Hubs Five & Ten (dollar plus store) on a black wood oval base.

Mini Ladybug Doll (6 inches tall) with a Happy 3rd Birthday Sign. I couldn’t let it pass when I saw her at the Thrift Store for .25 ȼ

Cake Table - The girls’ party hats are from Oriental Trading Co. (I got them on sale; it was worth buying them than making it myself).

Ladybug Fans – Black and Red Cardstock and googly eyes wit Stay Cool tags.

Party Sign – Black foam board, red cardstock, googly eyes and a piece of white baseboard for the stake.

Bug Net Photo Prop from the Dollar Tree decorated with butterflies and a red bow. The kids really liked the bug net and pretending play catching butterflies.

The Ladybug string piñata was from Party City. The string piñata is a Cuban tradition; there is no blindfold or hitting stick ever.  All the kids pull the stings at the same time, after the count of 1, 2, 3, causing the trapdoor to open and all of the candy to fall on the floor.

Planning for next year birthday party already stared  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013 09:49:16 AM »

Wow, good use of thrift/dollar/and inexpensive items to make an extravaganza of a party! Can you decorate for my next birthday?  Huh

Very cute, one-of-a-kind theme. So much better than the "canned" character themes. Go Grandma!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
yoopidou

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013 11:18:25 AM »

With such great decorations and games, you're going to organize your granddaughters birthdays till they are twenty one at least!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013 12:51:30 PM »

OMGosh CubanMother! I remember you crafting for the "babies". Wow!!! You did a great job on their birthday party. They are so lucky to have you as a Grandma!!! (Great pic of you BTW). Great crafting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CubanMother
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013 02:08:10 PM »

Thanks Ladies. I love the creative process of planning theme parties.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013 06:30:48 PM »

Ummm....I LOVE ladybugs-hence, my screen name and the ladybug tattoo I have on my ankle-anyhoo...

CAN YOU DO MY PARTY NEXT YEAR?Huh!!!!  PLEASE?Huh  (P.S.  I'll be 41.  Roll Eyes)

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Authors Jorge and Laura Posada on Fit Home Team
Author Kathy LeMay Reveals Her Motto
The Wild, Wild Inside Book Trailer
Jennifer Weiner Discusses Fly Away Home
Wicked Authors Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...