A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make Me a Poppet Swap- Send-outs by 10/5  (Read 11149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013 07:35:17 AM »

you make it, I'll love it!  Just have to get over my anxiety of making a first poppet for such a poppet master Smiley  I've got a few ideas that I'm tossing around and one feels crazy good but it might be too much for me to handle.

And glad you like those pins...I get so addicted to pinning that I have to stop myself.

-pj

I've made quite a few, but by no means a master. I'm thinking purple. LOL Oh, on my pics somewhere near 2009 is Diamond, my first poppet, with rafia hair. LOL I gave her to my sister, who is now my roomie and I haven't see her. You will do fine, and I will love it. If you need any tips for construction, you can email or pm me. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaccccckkkkk!

Terri
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013 07:42:34 AM »

I got to meet lovesclutter a few years back and she had been working on a WoW elf poppet.  It was so awesome!

I have my idea, I just need to run to the store for some fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013 08:07:51 AM »

I'm mentally shopping Yarnia (my craft room) whilst researching your game faves amigurl55. I like the look of both of those characters you mentioned  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
lovesclutter

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2013 12:20:11 PM »

I've lost my pattern book in the move. Can someone pm me for email and send me the pdf of the pattern. I don't need the instructions.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Watsonc7

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2013 01:10:06 PM »

I'm working on the legs and I've got them sewed up and ready to stuff (I have to say they are the cutest legs I have ever made---besides my daughter's of course!).  I was wondering if there was a way to make the poppet stand on its own, or would it be too top heavy when completed (I've never made one before)?  Can I fill the foot with rice or something and then stuff the leg?  Not a big deal, just wondering if it was a possibility.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2013 01:27:09 PM »

I managed to get one to stand until I attached her head but I guess that's not much help is it?  Cheesy
I've read that stuffing the feet and ankles more firmly than the rest of the doll will help it stand alone but I haven't tried it yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013 06:39:34 PM »

I usually stuff the ever-loving poo out of my poppet limbs.  I've gotten several of mine to stand on their own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
lovesclutter

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013 05:00:16 AM »

I went by the old house. They haven't done anything, or locked it up. I found my pattern book, so yay, but still want to recover my poppet house.  Sad I just don't have anywhere to put it.

It is so sad to walk into a former home totally abandoned. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2013 01:30:19 PM »

It's very quiet here,is everyone busy sewing?? I'm not yet although I have picked out my materials ready  Smiley I hope she turns out the way I see her in my head  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
Watsonc7

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2013 02:22:09 PM »

I've got a couple of legs, a body, and a head laying on my table Smiley. I've spent most of my time working on trying to accomplish individual fingers, I have quite a few deflated gangly hands in a pile,  I've decided to let that idea go.  So my goal is to have the arms and body fully attached, eyeballs in, and hopefully hair all done by the end of the weekend....basically a nekkid poppet.  I have so many ideas for my partners poppet but I really need to sketch them out and start really planning them.  This has been a blast so far and even though I've had to redo the arms a million times (and messed up the feet on the first try), this poppet has actually been easy to make. I'm terrified to cut into her gorgeous head to attach her eyes....any tips on eyeballs would be awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Studio Photography
Chris Ryan Talks About His Photo Studio
Top Photography Tips
How to Choose a Photography Studio Kit
How to Take Studio-Quality Pictures at Home
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...