A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What Skirt Type Looks Best Over A Fluffy Petticoat?  (Read 572 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

weebeasties
« on: August 31, 2013 11:36:19 AM »

I'm making an R2D2 dress and am struggling with the skirt part of it. I can't decide between a full circle or a half circle skirt. I was wondering if anyone had any experience as to what looks best over a petticoat because I don't have the patience/time to draft out each skirt type myself and find out. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013 02:37:24 PM »

It will depend on the petticoat used. If you already have a petti you're trying to cover, it makes it a little easier to decide. Otherwise, it's entirely how you want your R2 to look. I think a bell shape would be the cutest profile since R2's rounded. One of the gathered skirt options would be easy, but a half-circle would be best. My experience: Lolita fashion and a whole lot of pettis and skirt shapes in my wardrobe.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Lolita_UK/ar/t35.htm This link shows three common shapes.

The A-line petti is the most common and is similar or identical to the most commonly found pettis, like square-dancing ones. Malco Modes is a great company for those. A circle skirt will definitely work well with these and a half-circle will, too.

The cupcake petti looks like the top of a cupcake and works well with a gathered waist rectangle skirt or gathered trapezoid skirt. These are a little more difficult to find outside of niche websites.

The bell petti can be found easier than a cupcake and some A-lines can deflate into a bell shape after a lot of use, or lower-quality A-lines just naturally deflate to this. These work only ok for a circle skirt but look best with a half-circle skirt, a gathered waist rectangle skirt, or a trapezoid gathered skirt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
weebeasties
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013 04:38:13 PM »

Thanks so much for your help! I think I have an a-line petti so I'm going to do a half circle skirt. Thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
True-Crime Writer Carla Norton on Her Fiction Work
Jeanette Walls: What Are You Reading?
Author Explains Why We Should Rip Up Our Dating Wish Lists
The Missing Series by Margaret Haddix
The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...