A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What is a good and simple video editing software for long videos?  (Read 457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MinnieMay9
« on: August 22, 2013 09:22:50 PM »

So I've been making videos of me playing video games.  To post them on YouTube I want to cut the videos into chunks of about 25-30 mins.  That way they are view-able without making a bit commitment.  I have been using Windows Live Movie Maker, since it came with my computer.  It works fine for videos that are 3 hours or less, but it doesn't work at all with longer ones.
With the longer videos, it just stops giving a preview and freezes a lot when I try and work with it.  I've done a few "work arounds" that deal with saving a temp video and going back and editing that.  Well, that takes a long time.  I would rather be playing more or doing something else than saving a video just to have to edit and re-save it to make no real changes.
I've tried an older version of Adobe Premiere, but since it is an older copy, it doesn't like the MP4 format I have to work with.
All I'm looking to do is to go in and cut out the breaks I take (which also make editing easier) and to be able to save each chunk individually and in 720p.
I have a Windows 7 machine.

Edit: Feel free to include some less expensive softwares that might do what I want.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013 07:40:19 PM by MinnieMay9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, use more glue!

Look Ma, I'm on Ravelry!
Feel free to check out my Etsy shop.

Creative for Charity ~My Charity Blog
RKEM
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014 02:00:04 PM »

iMovie is very easy to work with. I don't know if you could get an emulator to run it on your windows machine. Alternatively, you may want to look online for places that convert files. I know they exist for sound and image. Not sure if there are limits to the size. But there are plenty of free sites that would do it, which may make it easier to work with your adobe software.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Various Comic Figures
How to Draw Abe Lincoln
How to Pour Acrylic Paint
JohnK Explains Cartoon Construction Pt. 2
JohnK Explains Cartoon Construction Pt. 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...