A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
876 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fairbanks Area Needleworkers:  (Read 255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 20, 2013 12:15:13 AM »

North Star Needlework Guild!

I had no idea something like this existed until the fair this year.  The Guild meets on the third Monday of each month, and has a lot of fun.  They offer classes for different techniques given by members, and encourage people to do little classes for others if they have experience and want to share.   
They also do a yearly needlework retreat, Christmas party with swap, are a big part of the needlework and craft area of the Tanana Valley State Fair, and are a lot of fun to chat with.  Members are of all ages, and very welcoming. 

I just went for the first time tonight and had a blast!  They recommended you bring a little something, doesn't even have to be needlework to play with during the meeting, and also to feel free to bring a bigger project to show off.  You can get tips and techniques from some master needleworkers too.  I can't get over how much fun it was to attend!!

It's neat to get to know other local people with similar interests.  I they said you can come to a few meetings before choosing to join and pay dues.  I can't remember how much it is for a year, but I know it wasn't super expensive, and I'm totally paying next time.

I know it's sort of a long shot to post up here, but if anyone is new (or old) to Fairbanks and even mildly interested in any aspect of needlework - cross stitch, embroidery, crewl, candlewicking, tatting, etc etc etc  - it's worth checking out.   Grin

They have a group on yahoo groups, and on Facebook if you look up the name. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VIBE VIXEN Style Profile: Keeping Skirts Relevant This Fall
How to Take on the Printed Suit Trend
Empowering Girls One Design at a Time
Who Rocked The Frock: Emma Roberts Vs Brooke Burke
Kim Kardashian Is Worst Dressed At 2012 MTV EMA Awards
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...