A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ren fest pieces from 5+ years - UPDATED  (Read 1207 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenniy122
« on: August 19, 2013 10:03:07 AM »

I'll preface this by saying I own pretty much every renaissance-esque pattern from the big 3 from the past oh 10 years, and I've mainly worked from those so my stuff isn't exactly historically accurate. But it's fun, and I love dressing up every summer and braving the heat to head out to the Michigan Ren Fest.

simplicity 9966 in full. all cottons, the teal underskirt has a slight sheen to it. my mom helped my make this probably over 5 years ago, but I still wear pieces of it to this day.

a side lacing dress loosely based on mccalls 4491. a really heavy cotton.

a combo of patterns that I remixed together to make what I visioned in my head. the teal is all wool, the orange is some poly monstrosity that feels lovely, the partlet is a rayon of some sort. my first attempt at any type of historical accuracy.

a cape I made with no pattern, not the best but when the temps suddenly dropped from the 80s to the 50s I had only a couple hours to throw this together to prevent freezing that weekend. cotton velveteen.

my little belt pouch, missing its ornamental button and ties. I later sewed the belt loops down to have it flop around less.

a 3 piece (so not totally historically accurate, but better fitting) coif, based on a pattern either found online or in patterns of fashion/the tudor tailor books

corset and chemise (simplicity 2621)

bumroll (also simplicity 2621)

Thanks for looking. I'll have more to post by the end of this season, I have no idea what I'm going to make but I have the itch to sew, plus I've outgrown all those items.

UPDATE
So I never got around to sewing anything new last year, I was in a slump, but boy have I made up for it this year. I use to care a little for historical accuracy, but this year I went for practicality and fun.

And I'm not done yet, just out of supplies! Keep an eye on this thread around Aug/Sept and I'll post me in full outfits.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014 11:23:14 PM by jenniy122 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amazing_784
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013 10:36:06 AM »

Love!  I'm obsessed with making garb for the MI ren fest too!  Maybe I'll see you there this year sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013 04:49:04 PM »

All these dresses and more suit you very well. You did a wonderful job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Graham
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013 04:43:55 AM »

All the dresses are great wonderful job ....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Exciting Advancements In Hair Care and Hair Loss
How to Fake Highlights in Your Hair
DIY: Texturizing Sea Salt Hair Spray
Pro Tips For Runway To Real Life Hairstyles
Tips For Avoiding Frizzy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...