A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ren fest pieces from 5+ years - UPDATED  (Read 931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenniy122
« on: August 19, 2013 10:03:07 AM »

I'll preface this by saying I own pretty much every renaissance-esque pattern from the big 3 from the past oh 10 years, and I've mainly worked from those so my stuff isn't exactly historically accurate. But it's fun, and I love dressing up every summer and braving the heat to head out to the Michigan Ren Fest.

simplicity 9966 in full. all cottons, the teal underskirt has a slight sheen to it. my mom helped my make this probably over 5 years ago, but I still wear pieces of it to this day.

a side lacing dress loosely based on mccalls 4491. a really heavy cotton.

a combo of patterns that I remixed together to make what I visioned in my head. the teal is all wool, the orange is some poly monstrosity that feels lovely, the partlet is a rayon of some sort. my first attempt at any type of historical accuracy.

a cape I made with no pattern, not the best but when the temps suddenly dropped from the 80s to the 50s I had only a couple hours to throw this together to prevent freezing that weekend. cotton velveteen.

my little belt pouch, missing its ornamental button and ties. I later sewed the belt loops down to have it flop around less.

a 3 piece (so not totally historically accurate, but better fitting) coif, based on a pattern either found online or in patterns of fashion/the tudor tailor books

corset and chemise (simplicity 2621)

bumroll (also simplicity 2621)

Thanks for looking. I'll have more to post by the end of this season, I have no idea what I'm going to make but I have the itch to sew, plus I've outgrown all those items.

UPDATE
So I never got around to sewing anything new last year, I was in a slump, but boy have I made up for it this year. I use to care a little for historical accuracy, but this year I went for practicality and fun.

And I'm not done yet, just out of supplies! Keep an eye on this thread around Aug/Sept and I'll post me in full outfits.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014 11:23:14 PM by jenniy122 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amazing_784
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013 10:36:06 AM »

Love!  I'm obsessed with making garb for the MI ren fest too!  Maybe I'll see you there this year sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013 04:49:04 PM »

All these dresses and more suit you very well. You did a wonderful job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Graham
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013 04:43:55 AM »

All the dresses are great wonderful job ....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Manga Artist Lilly Cernak at Work
Meet Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland
Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland at Work
Meet Ebru Artist Bingul Sevimli
Ebru Demonstration by Bingul Sevimli
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...