Swap name: Writing Magic – NaNoWriMo 2013
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Eclectic Dreamer
Sign-up date range: August 17 – August 30
Date to send item by:
October 1 October 3
*Please note the new send-out date, due to popular request*
Limited to a certain number of people? No limit
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
For the un-initiated:
NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, which begins Nov. 1 and ends Nov. 30th.
It’s a month of insane writing fun, with the goal being to write a 50K word “novel” (it’s it’s roughest draft form… quantity, not quality. That comes later).
If you aren't a participant of NaNoWriMo: that's okay! If interested in joining many will encourage you. If you just want wordy inspirational stuff... we can do that too.
For those interested in participating:
This swap is for sharing inspiration. Word count tricks. Inner Editor lock-up ploys. Snacks and ideas to help the words flow late into the night. Sending beacons of hope to help the lost and forlorn make it through the endless nights of “I must write 3667 words today! And I watched Big Bang Theory reruns all night… aaaaaah! I’m never going to get this done!”
This will be a 3-point swap, equivalent to 1 medium or a couple small items. Though please do communicate with your partner if you wish to do more. I tend to get carried away with NaNoWriMo related stuff, but it’s going to be a laid back, no stress swap. There’s enough stress in November.
For some swap ideas: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422782.0#axzz2cCCaisj3
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Writing Magic – NaNoWriMo 2013
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Will you be participating in NaNoWriMo 2013 (or have you participated in the past)?
Would you be comfortable potentially swapping with a Non-NaNo participant?
Are you hoping to do more than a 3 point swap?
Do you have any favorite words or themes?
What do you struggle most with when writing?
Would you like something wearable? (fingerless gloves, hat, t-shirt, necklace of awe-inspiring inspiration):
Do you have any allergies? Allergens in your home?
Describe your inner editor:
Favorite quotes about writing? (or just favorite quotes)
If you are comfortable sharing and would like it to be taken into consideration during the swap: what will your novel be about?
I know my questions aren’t the best so please, please communicate a lot with your partner
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.