A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 146
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 90651 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2013 07:25:04 AM »

The last day of the nerd-along!  I had so many ideas, and completed so few of them.  Tongue In any case, once again, thank you Pinkleo and team for being so inspiring!  Even if the crafts don't get made, it's a great exercise to come up with ideas based on the prompts.  Maybe some of my list of projects will suit future nerdly opportunities.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2013 02:57:21 PM »

I had grand pans for today, but they did get derailed by 4 hours of shoveling (wet, frozen) leaves into 19 bags, then hauling the rest into the back yard on a tarp (about 10 trips), followed by 4 trips to the yard waste drop off (I could only fit 5 bags at a time in my car). My arms and back are aching right now! I do have some themed items I could cook... if I can get off of the sofa... I did really enjoy the games (although this round was much more of a challenge- partly because of work, but also because of the challenges themselves- there were some tough ones!), and I will still work my way through most of my list of items (and make slight modifications to the other ideas... so I don't have to hand print fabric with infinity symbols to meet a challenge, I can just use fabric from the stash!  Grin )

Hopefully, we can have another round in the spring (and I can help out with the organizing for the next round), because it sure is fun!

pinkleo, thanks so much for all of your efforts in getting this started (and thanks to the lovely folks who stepped up and helped with some of the responsibilities for this round)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2013 04:45:26 PM »

Thanks for another inspiring round, everyone!  pinkleo, thank you for all your effort and creativity in putting these craftalongs together.  They have really kept me crafting and become and important part of my motivation and process.  I've offered up my help for a winter round, so perhaps the nerdiness will get to continue!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2013 09:17:38 AM »

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time, pinkleo. You take care, okay?

I can help with a winter round as well, more than pinning (which has been quite fun!) Badges, prompts, whatever. Maybe if we extend the dates of this one into December (fall isn't officially over for a few more weeks, anyway) and add a few more prompts? Since it sounds like people have ideas for the current ones but are simply busy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2013 10:31:34 AM »

UPDATE:

I talked to pinkleo and it has been decided that the Nerd Battles will continue, and I will run the Winter round.  I plan to have it up within the week, and I think the Fall Battles can stay open until then!

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time, pinkleo. You take care, okay?

I can help with a winter round as well, more than pinning (which has been quite fun!) Badges, prompts, whatever. Maybe if we extend the dates of this one into December (fall isn't officially over for a few more weeks, anyway) and add a few more prompts? Since it sounds like people have ideas for the current ones but are simply busy?

The Winter Nerd Battles are hiring!  Calabaza, if you would like to remain the official Pinster that would be great.  I think having a project tracker and badge maker would also be helpful.  If our current peeps would like to continue in those roles, just let me know, otherwise anyone who is interested can volunteer here in this thread.

We also need team captains.  The duties of the team captains are to act as an ambassador for the Nerdalong (in whatever ways they'd like), and encourage and provide feedback to their team members and other players.  If anyone is interested, volunteer here.  The teams will remain the same for Winter:  Textbook, Media, Wordy, Fandom, Randomizer.

I'm looking forward to another awesome Nerdy round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2013 10:47:47 AM »

You're a hero, LovelyMiss!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2013 10:50:08 AM »

Ditto!
YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2013 11:26:32 AM »

First of all: Thanks so much, Pinkleo (and teams) for my first Craftalongs (Nerd Battle & HP). LOVED everything, and I'm definitely hooked now!! Smiley

And now another YAY to LovelyMiss for taking on the Nerd Battles for Winter. GREAT! I would offer my services, but the only thing I could try to do is the Tracker (timing wise with my twins), if Tanath is not going to keep on going.

Definitely looking forward to keep on crafting! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2013 02:49:20 PM »

Hooray! Thanks, LovelyMiss! I'm so glad the fun will be continuing! I can't help out until the end of January, but I'm happy to pitch in once that rolls around.

And, the extra week means I can "officially" post the granola I made, along with the brownies I am about to make. Woot! If I could only find a way to make my adventures in leaf bagging yesterday fit one of the challenges... Cheesy Kidding!  Sort of Grin
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013 02:49:55 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2013 08:46:34 AM »

AMEN!  BIG thanks and hugs to everyone who has kept this ball rolling and who contributes such awesome inspiration!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I had stuff I wanted to post but ran out of time before Thanksgiving!  So I'm also grateful for the little extra time I'll have to add a couple of goodies to the mx!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 146 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Style and Lemon Balsamic Green Beans Recipe
Wild Sockeye Salmon Roasted on a Cedar Plank
Simple Salmon with Caper Sauce and Rice Pilaf
Serrano Ham and Cabernet Soaked Cheddar Stuffed Chicken
Seared Scallops with Butternut Squash and Mushrooms
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...