A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 54285 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2013 06:51:54 AM »

Finished a batch of things for swaps but I probably won't want to submit them to the nerdalong until after my partners receive, so I might not slip in under the wire.   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2013 02:05:20 PM »

I wish we could extend the ending date so we could sneak in some more time to craft! My day after Thanksgiving time is getting absorbed by a drive to the airport to drop off my mom... and the day after that I may have to spend the time bagging up a HUGE pile of leaves my lawn guy piled in the street (not realizing that the city had already done the fall collection in my neighborhood). After loading up bags of leaves, I'll be done in for the rest of the weekend...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2013 08:59:09 PM »

Dear Nerd Crafters,

As you may have noticed, I have been away for many days & weeks.  I do so apologize for this absence.  I did not mean to distress anyone.  If you have sent me a PM about my absence, please note that I will not be answering them individually; there are just too many.  Let me say that I was away due to a very personal matter.  I could not muster the joy to write, update, and spend time with you.  Though my craftster activities were on my mind and I did fret many times for not posting, I really was not in a state to jump in.  This autumn has not been kind to me, but I hope that I can return to this one place that I do so deeply love and cherish.  I hate to think that I have deterred anyone from joining this group, caused someone to stray from this group due to my absence, or worried anyone.  That was never my intention, and to those who wrote to me that I caused distress, worry, or upsetness, I truly apologize.  I am not one to air my feelings to many, especially those of sadness.  But I felt you deserved some explanation of my absence.  Know I just couldn't bring myself to be here when I was so low; it is because I feel very close to this craftster community.

I am determined not to let my struggles prevent me from enjoying your company any longer.  I am determined to put on a smile and think upon new crafty adventures.  For the Nerd Battles, I will say that I would love someone to take up the reigns of this fantastic craftalong.  I feel like I neglect you too much, that I am always behind, and this weighs on me deeply.  I will be a helping hand to anyone who wish to take up this craftalong, and I shall help anyway you wish.  PM me if you wish to lead this great group.  If someone can do this for just one season, I would be forever grateful!

If no one comes up, then I shall be extending the deadline for this season so that I may properly prepare for the next round.

Thank you for reading.  And I beg that you please grant me a bit more of your patience as I update during this week.  For those who have proposed Research Projectss, please do not wait on me to craft; go forth & craft!  Remember we are here to inspire each other and to get crafting. 

Let us look forward to a very happy winter!

Blessed Be,
Melissa aka pinkleo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2013 04:41:01 AM »

pinkleo,you were one of my first swap partners; the Shakespeare swap back in 2008. Your kindness and encouragement  meant a lot to a newbie! I've only been reading along with the Nerd games,because I've just been too busy right now to participate. I hope that things get better for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2013 08:02:04 AM »

Sending you best wishes and strength, pinkleo.   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2013 08:33:20 AM »

Pinkleo, you are among friends.  Smiley ((((hugs)))) 

Sorry to hear that you have been struggling.  I was looking thru my stash of greeting cards today (coz I needed to send out some thank you cards) and found one that I'd crafted at a scrap group a while back. The sentiment read:  It will be alright in the end - if it's not alright, it's not the end.  I found it a comforting reminder in the crush of stress I'm experiencing at the moment. Perhaps it will make you feel better, too.

Keep your chin up, we're all pulling for you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2013 09:58:51 AM »

Hi Pinkleo,

hope you're better soon - I'm sure we all agree that you should take as much time as you need before you come back.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2013 03:57:47 PM »

pinkleo, I am sending you a big giant hug. And, I'm not one who usually hugs, so that means it's extra special Smiley Grin Here's hoping that things can be back to happy for you soon!

And, as much as I'd love to take up the reins right now, because I want the games to continue, my schedule is too crazy to commit to it. Maybe we could extend the deadline until after the holidays (without adding any new challenges), and then re-visit the timing of the next round after that?

Maybe, after the madness of the holidays (and my required class for work is finished near the end of January, I can set the next round up (especially if I can get some of the awesome assistants you rounded up for this round!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2013 04:37:41 PM »

I think I'm going to have to give up on the competitive aspect of the Games and just enjoy it as a craft-along, because I can't keep up and I feel like I have totally let down my team this go-around.  Cry I think I'll just nerd-along, but not compete, in the future, if that's possible. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #219 on: November 27, 2013 06:01:35 AM »

I know how you feel, Ludi!  The holidays are a crazy time for everyone, ESPECIALLY crafters! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Twist Natural Hair
How to Take Out Backcombed Hair
How to Straighten Curly Hair
How to Cut Hair with Clippers
How to Blow Dry Black Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...