A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
779 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 105
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 56823 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coulsenl
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2014 10:22:17 AM »

I've been steadily working on my research project. The picnic blanket is finished aside from figuring out how to attach a ribbon border to the knit. I've also finished the bread for the sandwich, the chip packet and the chips to go inside it. Next is the sandwich fillings and then onto figuring out how the heck to make a juice box with insertable straw that will be safe for a 1 year old to play with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2014 10:46:29 AM »

That sounds very ambitious, coulsen; I'm looking forward to seeing them!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2014 11:30:59 AM »

My aim is to make a picnic basket out of felt too. I'm excited to see how everything turns out, I love what I have so far. My main problem/challenge is doing everything I want with materials suitable for a 1 year old but not so babyish that she can keep it for a while,  I would like for her not to outgrow it before her second birthday.

I'm excited for the picnic basket, it will all be experimentation. I have ideas I want to incorporate if I can figure out how. I would like a picnic basket that has the flap on each side at the top. One side I would like to have some kind of fastening (something a little challenging for her), and the other side will be immediately liftable. I would like to have some 'surprises' hiding in the closed part for her to find when she can open it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2014 02:35:44 PM »

I am waaaaaay behind on my research project. I think I might have to kick it to the next round. I am finishing up a class for work (school) and I am a bit behind in my homework posting, so the bulk of my free time this weekend needs to go towards that... and I signed up for a swap because, sometimes, my brain just does not work very well. So, tonight, instead of reading like I had planned, I will be working on one item for the swap. But, the good news is, it can count as one of the challenges (the January Battle, I think!). And, my other swap item (which needs a bit of finishing work) which was made in a class-for-fun that I finished today also fits one of the challenges (I forget the exact one).

But, I just realized that I have a question... since one might be for the Battle, how do I post it if my partner hasn't received? Can I upload the photo to my Craftster Picture Hosting and then just put the link until she receives? I might need to do that for the other one, too...  And, I just realized that a third item might qualify, as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2014 02:44:24 PM »

Can I upload the photo to my Craftster Picture Hosting and then just put the link until she receives?

That's what I would probably do, also pm the Games Mistress to make sure you get credit for the project.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2014 03:05:09 PM »

Can I upload the photo to my Craftster Picture Hosting and then just put the link until she receives?

Yep!  Others have just posted links to photos in the past for that reason, and it worked out fine!  I think a lot of us are swappers...we get it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2014 05:57:48 PM »

Yep!  Others have just posted links to photos in the past for that reason, and it worked out fine!  I think a lot of us are swappers...we get it.  Cheesy
I was in this spot too!
I recommend including a note about who it's for in your redacted post as well. That way your swap partner can keep their eyes shielded from the forbidden knowledge (you know, not click the link thinking it's not for them and then, whoa, spoilers! Smiley )
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014 05:58:49 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2014 06:08:59 PM »

That's what I would probably do, also pm the Games Mistress to make sure you get credit for the project.  Smiley

I recommend including a note about who it's for in your redacted post as well. That way your swap partner can keep their eyes shielded from the forbidden knowledge (you know, not click the link thinking it's not for them and then, whoa, spoilers! Smiley )

Thanks a bunch!  I just finished one of the items, so I'll wait until I can take it under better lighting conditions tomorrow and then upload the photo. I don't think my partner is participating in this round of the Games, but better safe than sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2014 01:37:56 PM »

Ack!  I'm already behind on my next Research Project!  We're due for a little ice storm tomorrow, so maybe I can work on it then....   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2014 03:16:15 PM »

Ack!  I'm already behind on my next Research Project!  We're due for a little ice storm tomorrow, so maybe I can work on it then....   Tongue

When I read your post I read it as, "We're due for an ice cream storm tomorrow..."  I had to go back and read it again because I thought...if I was in an ice cream storm, my first priority would probably not be crafting.  Cheesy  Guess that tells you where my mind is at the moment.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 105 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Hair Extensions
How to French Braid Hair
How to Dutch Braid Hair
How to Do a Brasillia Nova
How to Do Beauty Pageant Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...