A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,081
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 37560 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2013 09:57:37 PM »

confused already!

one post on the Fall Nerd Battles page says to make team declarations here in the discussion thread, and another post further down from that says to make your declaration in your first finished project on the Fall Nerd Battles page.  so which is it?

You can declare your team on this board at any time but it won't be "official" until you've posted your first finished project on the Battles page. Some of us just got really excited and couldn't wait until we had finished a project to pick a Team!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Spring HPC
Spring Nerd Battles!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2013 06:39:24 AM »

confused already!

one post on the Fall Nerd Battles page says to make team declarations here in the discussion thread, and another post further down from that says to make your declaration in your first finished project on the Fall Nerd Battles page.  so which is it?
Sorry, the woes of copy and paste...thought I modified all the bits to Fall....I'll go back and double check.  Your declaration of team is made in your first project post....it's for my sanity.  Thanks! Grin
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013 06:41:04 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2013 09:54:01 AM »

I have a question: I am hard at work on my research project from the summer games.  How does that work to put in the Fall Games?  Do I have to put in another 3 weeks, or is the time I have invested thus far sufficient to safisfy that requirement (since it has been about 6 weeks or so  Roll Eyes)?  I would really like to transfer my project under Team Wordy but not sure how to accomplish that.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2013 11:48:21 AM »

I have a question: I am hard at work on my research project from the summer games.  How does that work to put in the Fall Games?  Do I have to put in another 3 weeks, or is the time I have invested thus far sufficient to safisfy that requirement (since it has been about 6 weeks or so  Roll Eyes)?  I would really like to transfer my project under Team Wordy but not sure how to accomplish that.  Thanks!
The time guidelines are connected to when you started it, no matter what season/term.  So submit away.  When you turn-in your RP, use the new RP header; in it you would list your new team choice.  I'll take it from there.  Hope that was helpful! Grin

RP Header for ease..
Research Project Name:
Team:
Bonus Points: include which bonus points you think you've earned
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2013 12:07:25 PM »

The time guidelines are connected to when you started it, no matter what season/term.  So submit away.  When you turn-in your RP, use the new RP header; in it you would list your new team choice.  I'll take it from there.  Hope that was helpful! Grin

RP Header for ease..
Research Project Name:
Team:
Bonus Points: include which bonus points you think you've earned
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:

Thank you!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WeeFreeRhie

« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2013 01:22:19 PM »

@pinkleo - Thanks for the Ctrl+Shift+T info! that's incredibly handy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yippie-ki-yay FELLOW CRAFTERS! Cheesy
WeeFreeRhie

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2013 01:27:38 PM »

rockygypsysoul  (great name, btw!), I can relate, at least a little. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few years ago. I honestly don't think I could even think about going back to school or anything else without crafting.

I am so happy to see that other people understand this. I mean, I am not at all happy that you or I or anyone else knows what it means to live with chronic illness. But I am glad that we can all find help in something as awesome as making things Smiley

What team do you think you will join? I am usually all about the geeky media so I wanted to step out of that into books and words. I love that just as much, but never seem to craft about it. I think it will be fun to explore that more.

Yup, fibro and a whole bunch of the other stuff that tends to go with it  Cheesy  I actually ended up dropping out of grad school after I got sick since I was working full-time then as well.  Later on, once we figured out that my working from home as a freelancer was (relatively) successful, then I just decided not to go back since this was the end goal anyway.  Which is both sad and good.  Finances are definitely still tough but we make it work and I know how lucky I am to be able to do that.

In fact, my mom just told me today that she thought that was one of the elements of 'grace' (as she puts it) that came with my fibro and everything - that my artistry is growing in a way it wouldn't be able to if I were still working outside of the home.  Not that it's worth all that comes with it but at least there's a touch of silver lining  Wink

I think I'm going with Multimedia though Wordy is so tempting.  I know for Multi that while I have many tv shows and movies I love, for me it comes down to music.  It's just a little ironic since it's the lyrics I love best so to me it's all wordy but such is the breakdown.  It's a little funny right now actually since I've had a Simon and Garfunkel cd in the car for a week and every time I listen to it I'm like "This is why I'm going with Multimedia" and then it plays 'The Dangling Conversation' or 'Richard Corey' and then I'm all "I so love Robert Frost, I should be Team Wordy."   Cheesy

Oooh love Robert Frost! And I was thinking about Team Multimedia myself for a lot of the same reasons. I love geek media. But, I also love books and haven't crafted in that way. So I think Team Wordy for me will be a fun way to stretch my skillz.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yippie-ki-yay FELLOW CRAFTERS! Cheesy
MamanTattoo
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2013 09:42:43 PM »

I had to google for "march to a different drummer".to get the idea of the expression...  It doesn't really have an equivalent in French. I love it!
I was hesitating between team multi and wordy but I'm taking random! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2013 03:55:58 PM »

I had to google for "march to a different drummer".to get the idea of the expression...  It doesn't really have an equivalent in French. I love it!

LOL! Takes me back to my high school French classes! My teacher had French versions of many proverbs hanging on the walls around the room. Some of the translations back into English were a little awkward. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2013 11:09:46 AM »

SUPER inspired by this month's Battle Royale, which fits right into a body of work I'm trying to develop.  Can't wait to get started on my project, but have to finish a couple other things first.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make March Madness Chicken Wings
How to make Hoppin John - Black Eyed Peas and Rice
How to make Country Fried Steak
How to make Rotisserie Chicken on the Grill
How to make BBQ Chicken Hash in a Dutch Oven
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...