A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:Fall Nerd Battles --Sept. 3, 2013 thru November 30, 2013--  (Read 31866 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2013 04:40:48 PM »

I got a knitting machine for Christmas a few years ago and I have yet to break it out. Thanks for the inspiration!

Doooooo iiiiiiiiit!

I was totally dragging my feet about it, but once I got going... I'm looking for all sorts of things I can use it one (though I'm not quite brave enough to try sweaters, even though it is actually called a sweater machine...).

I also need to use my weaving loom I've had for... uh... years...  O.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2013 02:14:42 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  October - Twilight Zone
Team: Wordy!
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: Eye and Bees Rotation
Project Thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429082.0#axzz2kkquK8m0
Brief Description:  This piece I made for suereal in the Paper and Ephemera Swap is evocative of the surreal opening to The Twilight Zone, with the eyeball.  Toilet paper tube (crafting material of the Gods), papers, doll eye, thread, snake ribs, paints, metallic cord.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2013 07:38:17 PM »

Ooohhh!  It's even better now that the Twilight Zone music plays when I look at it Grin  Somebody give her an A+ please Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2013 12:42:55 PM »

Battle/Challenge: UFO October
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: 10 because they're blue!
Project Name: Convertible mitts
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429098.0
Brief Description: This pair has been in progress since the summer games! When I saw the prompt I knew I had to finish them ASAP. I mean, they're blue, they're for the icy weather AND Vashon Island's in the state where I live! So, here they are (in November, but, hey, they are done!)
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: October Angles
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: -
Project Name: Haunted House
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: This was made for the OTT October Holidays Swap. I forgot about posting it here until just now. The house was cut out of card stock by hand with an craft knife. It and the sky were brushed with shiny sealer and mounted inside the 4"x4" lid of a paper box which has 4 angles! The frame part is balsa wood. I painted it and the lid to resemble wood.
Project Picture:

@LovelyMiss: Thanks for the link! They look fun. Like gel pens!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013 12:44:07 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2013 05:08:43 PM »

Battle/Challenge: September- Palindrome
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: "Was it a bat I saw?"
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: This is a small linen treat bag repeatedly stamped with an image of bats.

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: November- Myths
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Paris's Spiced Applesauce
Brief Description: In Greek mythology, Paris awards the Golden Apple to Aphrodite, judging her to be the most beautiful (and swayed by her promise that Helen of Troy would be his). This spiced applesauce turned a lovely golden brown with the addition of star anise, cinnamon, ground cloves and nutmeg. After coring and chopping 15 pounds of apples to make 12 pints of applesauce (split with the friend who peeled the 15 pounds of apples), I am convinced that the jars of sauce are a thing of beauty in their own right, and the opinion of Paris is not required! The recipe came from the cookbook Food in Jars, by Marisa McClellan.

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: November: Newbies & Noobs (Noob)
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Glassblowing- Take 2
Brief Description: About a year ago, I took a glass blowing class with a couple of friends and learned how to make a glass bowl. But, it seemed like the guy at the glass shop did most of the work, even though we did get to do a few of the steps. While I walked away with a lovely bowl, I didn't really love the experience. So, when a group of gals from work wanted to get together for a glass blowing class, I almost didn't sign up, but I'm glad I did! We made 4 items (2 flowers- one clear and one colored {sadly, the stem broke on my colored flower}, a paperweight, and an ornament {although we just provided the air... the staff made the ornament}), and it felt like we did more of the work than in the bowl class (which was in a different studio). The paperweight was the item that was the most fun and probably something I could make again without as much assistance (although keeping the glass centered definitely takes practice!). And now, I'm going to look into a lampwork bead class to see what else I can learn! While it's definitely not something I'll do on a regular basis, at least I'm willing to try it again!

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013 05:42:11 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2013 05:05:12 AM »

Love the glasswork!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2013 02:55:37 PM »

Calabaza Those mittens are adorable!!! And the haunted house is awesome!
craftADDchick That applesauce looks delicious! Cute bag! And the bead is gorgeous!!!
LovelyMiss Your cards are awesome! I love the Tardis one! The cords are amazing and the ornaments are lovely!
Ludi I could never guess that you used toilet paper rolls! AMAZING!

Battle/Challenge: UFO: November Sighting
***RED BONUS***
Team:Textbook
Project Name: Bow Ties are Cool
Project Link: http://doodlecraft.blogspot.com/2013/01/doctor-who-party-favors.html
Brief Description: I am so excited for the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who!!!! Cheesy Sadly Ive promised people that I wont watch it until I can watch it with them which wont be until after Thanksgiving So I decided to throw a small partyish at my Mother-in-Laws house (Im sure she wont mind) In preparation, Im making a couple of goodies for everyone, and obviously bow ties are cool! Ive had this fabric and the pins for a while and I finally sat down and put everything together.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: Nov: Myths
Project Name: Mermaid Life Counter
Brief Description: As soon as muggles began exploring the sea, myths of the mermaid were rampant. Unlike the beautiful and innocence depicted in the muggle myths, wizards and witches know the true nature of these creatures. I made this life counter with some Magic cards depicting the true ferocity mermaids can portray.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: Nov: Newbies & Noobs
Project Name: Grumpy Cat Squishy
Brief Description: I decided to research n00bs. Ive tried and attempted to do some embroidery but it never turns out exactly how I want it to, but as a n00b, I really dont care enough to do any research to learn more about the proper techniques and such. I thought Id give it a go and try again. I did a little bit of research about the stitches and stuff and then just went for it. It didnt completely look like the grumpy cat face I had imagined but it turned out a lot better than some of my previous attempts at embroidery.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2013 06:03:48 PM »

Love the life counter!  My husband would have a coronary if I cut up one of his Magic cards... otherwise I'd be totally copying that!  Stocking Stuffer!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2013 06:06:03 AM »

Battle/Challenge: September Monster Madness
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Zombie warning
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Made this for my nephew for Christmas... who doesn't love zombies?  Grin
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: October UFO
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: 10! Coz it's blue!
Project Name: Hand and Foot box
Project Page Link :
Brief Description: My parents love to play hand and foot (so do we, actually).  I painted this for my parents for Christmas.  It's just the right size for 6 decks of cards!  The hardware is still masked because I'm debating putting a clear coat on it.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013 06:06:54 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2013 02:07:58 PM »

Battle/Challenge:Bottoms Up (November)
Team:Multimedia
Project Name:Coffeeeeee
Brief Description: I've made this mug rug for a swap, and my swap partner loves her coffee. First time for me doing a mug rug, and I usually only touch my sewing machine once in a blue moon (and I think I used this up for the Jawas costumes this year). Last time I did any quilting/patchworking is 4 years ago for my mum's 60th. Wink I'm actually quite pleased with the result.

Battle/Challenge: British Invasion (November)
Project Name:EX-TER-MI-NA-TE
Brief Description: I made this little Dalek for the OSDWT swap on here - just in time for the 50th Anniversary. I hope my swap buddy will love it. Smiley

Battle/Challenge:Starfleet Uniform (September)
Project Name:Christmas Bunting Swap
Brief Description: At my local crop we decided to have a Christmas bunting swap. Everyone was assigned a letter to spell out "Merry Christmas", and I just never managed to get things sorted until last week Saturday (the day of the swap). It was quite a feat, too, given that my twins hid the crank of my cuttlebug, nobody at the crop had their Cuttlebug or other cutting machine with them and the crop-owned Sizzix (the big old red one!) couldn't deal with the dies I wanted to use! Shocked
So it was a hand cutting frenzy really, to get everything done in time (with help of some friends). But I managed to get all "E" buntings done... Phew!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build LEGO Animaniacs Wakko
How to Build LEGO Animaniacs Yakko
How to Build LEGO Animaniacs Dot
How to Build LEGO Minicon Safeguard
Betty Woodman, Max Protech Gallery
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...