A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:Fall Nerd Battles --Sept. 3, 2013 thru November 30, 2013--  (Read 31225 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ezri_B
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2013 07:17:26 AM »

Battle/Challenge:November Newbie/Noob (Newbie)
Team:Multimedia
Project Name: Clover's Doll
Brief Description: I have always wanted to make a Waldorf doll, but always found it overwhelming. But since my hubby is away on business and my niece's birthday is coming up I took the leap! My niece Clover is my kindred spirit. Every generation in our family there is one girl with crazy curly hair. I am my generations, and she is hers. She has only straight haired dolls that look like her sister, so I made her a doll with hair like hers. Lots of work, but I think this cutie was worth it!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2013 11:55:47 AM »

Ludi - I love your Doctor Prunesquallor!  The texture and dimension you got on his face is so cool!

bunny1kenobi - Great mini books!  I like the papers you chose for the covers.

vincentvanbuck - What an awesome ornament!  I love the lights, and the wreath, and the windows...okay, all of it!  Cheesy

Smeddley - What a pretty skirt!  I also like your hoop and sad little monster..adorable!  Those scarves are too cool!  What a great raffle prize, and I agree, best hero = The Doctor.

Ezri_B - I love your Waldorf doll!  I'm sure your niece will adore her, too!  How sweet that you gave her matching hair.  Smiley  I've wanted to try making one for a while, but I'm not sure my sewing skills are there yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2013 04:42:57 PM »

Thank you, Lovely Miss!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2013 10:58:24 AM »

bunny1kenobi Those mini books are so adorable!
Calabaza Love the pigeon costume! And the garland is perfect for Halloween.
craftADDchick Yay for women engineers!!! Awesome bag and blood pillow!
docnessie Awesome Princess Bride bags and pin. And the jewelry is lovely. You have a lucky swap partner.
Ezri_B She turned out so cute! I love the curly hair, its adorable! Im sure your niece will love it!
Inselaeffchen Most adorable Jawa ever!!! Seriously so cute! The pumpkins turned out awesome too! Those tags are gorgeous!
LovelyMiss That bed pocket is brilliant idea! The sandwich looks yummy and the PiCard is awesome! And that vampire necklace is fantastic!!!
Ludi Wow! Your embroidery turned out awesome! And love the wolfsbane jar! What an awesome Halloween accessory.
Smeddley Love the hoop, monster and skirt. That knitting machine looks amazing! I love the scarfs!!!
Tanath Thanks! I made the badges out of Air Drying clay and then painted them.
vincentvanbuck The house ornament is lovely!

Battle/Challenge: Heroes vs Villians (Hero)
Team:Textbook
Project Name: Allons-y!
Brief Description: I agree with Smeddley, the Doctor is my hero! And having taken French in High School for three years (and not retaining most of it) Allons-y and 10 are my favorite. And so I just had to etch this mug in honor of him!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: UFO: October Sighting
***Blue Bonus***
Project Name: Ra-Ra-Ravenclaw!
Brief Description: Ive had this plain white shirt that I just havent gotten around to customizing. I finally had the time to sit down and get it done. Now I can show my house pride wherever I am.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: Nov: Welcome our new overlords!
Project Name: Exterminate!!!
Brief Description: In my opinion our new overlords would end up being some sort of alien or Robot. So I covered both my bases by decorating these plates with an artifact of a time travelling alien and a depiction of an alien with a robotic suit.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: Nov: The Scientific Method
Project Name: NaHF2 vs. SiO2
Brief Description: Ask a Question: How will Sodium Bifluoride react with glass?
Form a Hypothesis: Sodium Bifluoride will dissolve glass.
Conduct an Experiment: My experiment will use glass mugs, vinyl stencils and Armor Etch (which is about 7-12% Sodium Bifluoride)
Collect Data: The two glasses I did both had the stencil design etched into the surface.
Analyze your Data & Draw a Conclusion: From the data I collected, it does seem that the Sodium Bifluoride does have a reaction with the glass. The etching can vary depending on how long the chemical is left on. In conclusion I believe that a product with a higher concentration of Sodium Bifluoride can dissolve glass. But with only the 12% concentration it can only etch the surface of the glass in the pattern on the stencil.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: Nov: British Invasion
Project Name: Hogwarts Sweats
Brief Description: I am very much okay with the British Culture Invasion into my life. BBC has all of my favorite shows and I honestly think my favorite accent is British English. It took for every for me to decided on only one thing to submit for this prompt. I finally went with these. Harry Potter was my first real introduction to British Literature, and its still one of my favorite series. I had these pair of plain black pants and then used my Silhouette to cut out the letters and ironed them on.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2013 01:18:08 PM »

Thanks, Badwolf!  Great bunch of nerdly crafts you posted there!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2013 05:59:25 PM »

Wow, great new bunch of stuff!

I am intimidated by both dolls and stenciling, so, Ezri_B and BadWolf314, I'm impressed!  I love all of it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2013 12:45:47 AM »

BadWolf314 - Wow, awesome stuff!  Those plates are so great, I totally want some!  I also like your shirt and pants, and your etched glasses!  I've tried etching three times, with mixed results.  Yours look great!
___________________ ____________

Battle/Challenge: November Battle Royale (Heroes)
Team:  Randomizer
Bonus Points: N/A
Project Name: TARDIS card
Brief Description:  As previously discussed, the best hero is The Doctor.  I am in the Paper and Ephemera Swap with geekgirl1000100, and as a fellow Whovian, I had to make a cute card to go with the package.  I made the TARDIS shape in Silhouette Studio based off an available stencil, and cut it out of shimmery blue paper.  I attached white vellum type paper and darker blue blocks to the back.  The stars and vortex are done with my Souffle pens.  The inside is lined with cream paper.

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: November Myths
Project Name: Green Man handfasting cord
Brief Description:  I completed this custom silver, black, and purple handfasting cord for a recent wedding.  It's a little over six feet, and adorned with a Green Man medallion in the center.

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: November Newbies & Noobs
Project Name: Fluorescent cards
Brief Description:  I've shied away from glitter because it always seemed a little corny and messy.  But earlier this year I got a Martha Stewart glitter transfer kit that turned out to be pretty awesome.  I recently invested in some double sided sticky paper and a couple packages of Martha Stewart glitter.  These are done with shapes I cut on my Silhouette and fluorescent glitter.  My first non-kit glitter projects, and I think they turned out kind of cute.  I think this is probably more of a newbie project.  Grin

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: September UFO
Bonus Points: UFO bonus (green)
Project Name: Gift tags
Brief Description:  With the success of the above glittering, I decided to finish up some gift tags for the holidays.  I had the ornament shapes cut (which are mostly green) last year, but got distracted and didn't know what to do with them, so they just sat, waiting.  I added some glittered trees and reindeer, some sparkly red tinsel ribbon, and a silver jingle bell to each.  (Sorry for the bad photos, glitter isn't easy to snap.)

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: October UFO
Bonus Points: UFO bonus (blue)
Project Name: Custom handfasting cord
Brief Description:  This is another handfasting cord that I finally finished after a couple months.  Six feet, orange and blue.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2013 08:03:42 AM »

Thank you!

Smeddley: Knitting machine!?!? Cool! Love the projects you've made with it!

BadWolf314: Nice etching! I've always been too afraid to try it. Would you say the experiment is worth repeating? Excellent sweats too, BTW, and great plates!

LovelyMiss: Wow! Go Team Randomizer! I especially love your tags and cards. There're actually pens called souffle pens? Very fitting to make a TARDIS card with them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2013 12:42:28 PM »

I got a knitting machine for Christmas a few years ago and I have yet to break it out. Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2013 04:10:39 PM »

Thank you!

Smeddley: Knitting machine!?!? Cool! Love the projects you've made with it!

BadWolf314: Nice etching! I've always been too afraid to try it. Would you say the experiment is worth repeating? Excellent sweats too, BTW, and great plates!

LovelyMiss: Wow! Go Team Randomizer! I especially love your tags and cards. There're actually pens called souffle pens? Very fitting to make a TARDIS card with them!

Thanks!  Yep, Souffle pens!  They dry kind of raised to give it an embossed type look.  I love them because they are opaque and can be used on dark papers.  Here is a link to them on Amazon if you're curious.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Try This Different Take on the Braid
Hair Tips: Customizing Your Curling Iron
2012 Emmy Awards Hairstyle Trends
How to Style Brunette Hair
How To Do A Reverse Side Braid Like Miley Cyrus
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...