A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:Fall Nerd Battles --Sept. 3, 2013 thru November 30, 2013--  (Read 32382 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2013 10:55:54 AM »

Ezri_B, I love that little werewolf, and I love it even more that he is now a HS mascot! And, that lace pillow cover is gorgeous- the yarn looks very shimmery!

Ludi, another gorgeous eye!

gozer, I'm not familiar with the story, but that Graceling bag is fantastic! I love the color, and the stenciled eyes came out great! The dice bag came out great, too!

Inselaeffchen, the cookies came out great. I have some Star Wars cookie cutters that I've been a bit afraid to use, but now I might have to try them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2013 01:21:31 AM »

Okay, time to do some catching up in this thread.  First, here are a few of the projects I have finished.

Battle/Challenge:  September - Conventions
Team:  Randomizer
Bonus Points: None
Project Name:  Eyeglass case
Brief Description:  A handy bag that can get thrown into a purse or other bag, and a good way to keep glasses from getting scratched at a convention.  I whipped up this flannel-lined drawstring bag for my s/o to protect a new pair expensive computer glasses.  I also padded it more by sandwiching another layer of flannel between the two cotton layers.

Project Pictures:

Battle/Challenge: September - Palindrome
Bonus Points:  None
Project Name:  Pin cushion
Brief Description:  A few years ago I saw this vintage Japanese Dachshund miniature planter and needed it for obvious reasons.  After paying way too much to get it, I just let it sit there and be cute.  I finally decided to make it into a handy dandy pin cushion for when I sew and embroider at my desk.   Palindrome:  we sew.

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: October Twilight Zone
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: None
Project Name: Owl hoopla
Brief Description:  I picked up two little felt owl kits at Target on whim because they were on clearance for very cheap.  They are just precut adhesive felt pieces.  I thought they were kind of plain, so I decided to add some stitching and make one of them into a hoop.  The colors don't show up that well, but his eyes are stitched with bright blue and bright green floss.  I dont have plans for the other one yet.  Smiley  I was inspired by the Twilight Zone intro to use my imagination.  I tried to make the owl look a little startled (because the Twilight Zone is scary) and I picked out some background fabric that made me think of the weird lingering colors and shapes when you close your eyes.  

Project Pictures:

Battle/Challenge:  October Bottoms up
Project Name: Another glasses case
Brief Description:  My s/o liked his bag so much, and it worked so well, I decided to make one for myself since I just got a new pair of regular glasses as well.  Also lined and padded with flannel.  This is based on my favorite drink in a funny way.  I really like ICEEs, though I rarely ever get them.  Aside from the health reasons, the other reason I usually avoid them is because I always spill them and leave stains everywhere.  The pink/red splotches in the circle on this fabric reminded me of that.  Cheesy

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: October Lets Celebrate
Team: Randomizer
Project Name: Treasure chest card
Brief Description:  Answering the question of the prompt, I have heard of Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I used that as the inspiration for my brothers recent birthday card!  I used my Silhouette to cut out the card, and then cut all the little gold coins by hand out of some paper scraps.  

Project Picture:

Now it's time for comments.  Sorry for writing a novel!  I've been so behind because I've been swamped with an epically huge project for school.  But now it's finally finished, so without further ado...

docnessie - Awesome cameo earrings.  

Eiseldora - I love all the buttons you make.  Maybe we'll get to swap sometime because there are a some I would love to decorate my various bags.  Grin  I also like your wash cloth.  That is cool that you made it the same on both sides to fit the palindrome theme.  And you made cheese...super cool!  I think your dress and Medusa hair also turned out great.

Inselaeffchen - Your periodic table inspired card is very cool.  The embossing looks great!  So does your Dalek square.  I am impressed that it was your first non scarf project.  I'm still working on getting past the purl stitch myself...I still have never "knit"ted!  I've been eyeing those Who cookie cutters for a while...so want!

BadWolf314 - That is a neat bowl and neat charity idea.  Thanks for sharing that information.  I also love your Doctor themed crafts!  Great use of an old tshirt for you pillow, and that picture box is such a cool idea!  Gyoza...yum yum!   Great job on your link pillow and t shirt, too.

vincentvanbuck - Great lino print!  I haven't tried that yet but it's on my list of things to do in the near future.  Your little monster is also adorable.  And I love anything with a TARDIS.  Grin

Ezri_B - Wow, great doll furniture!  That teeny tiny quilt is super cool!  Your snow dalek is so funny!  And that's the sweetest little adipose I have ever seen.  Smiley  I also like your embroidered pillow, and lace cover.  And yummy and cool cookies!  "Sauced Sauce" also made me laugh.  Cheesy  And your werewolf is quite a little cutie!

Ludi - Your embroidery stuff is just getting awesome-er and awesome-er! Your sculpted frog is also spectacular.  I love the stuff you made for the Favorite Book swap.  That tower is so cool.  Such cute, tiny, wee little apples!

rockmygypsysoul - Super cute bobby pins...that is a good idea I might have to try!

bunny1kenobi - I love the different tshirts you made, and that I Spy pillow looks awesome.  Very girly, indeed!  Your first mug rug is great!  I also really like the look of that necklace!  Great design!

SenatorOrgana - What a super cool ATC!  And great job on that Renaissance outfit!

pinkleo - I love your baby hats and that little bear is adorable!  The Dalek is the best!

Calabaza - Your dress costume is awesome!  And, wow, that is a lot of seat covers!  They look great, and super handy.  I also really like how you put together the penny bracelet!

Abbeeroad - I would like all of your Doctor Who crafts for myself! Grin  

dichotomy - Great dice bags.  I really like your fabric choices, and that they can stand up on their own!    I never knew you could make food wraps like that...how cool!

craftADDchick - Another awesome paper cut!

Tanath - What a pretty crown.

Smeddley - That is a beautiful skirt!  That will be great for a Sherlock-y costume.

stefaniegk - Holy moly, I can't believe your perfect little stitching!  Just wow!

leather and lace - Great Doctor Who crafts!  I love how you painted the inside of the TARDIS on the wristlet.

gozer - I love that messenger bag!  Great design for the dice bag, too!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013 01:24:01 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2013 06:31:20 AM »

Awesome everything, LovelyMiss!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2013 09:13:56 AM »

Woot! More things for our pin board! Those owls are the cutest and I love that treasure chest card, LovelyMiss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2013 03:49:21 PM »

LovelyMiss, I love your doxie pincushion! I'm going to have to go on a hunt for some similar little objects that I can transform. Your eyeglass bags came out great, too, and while I probably couldn't use them for glasses, they'd come in handy for plenty of other things. As for your treasure chest card, I can't believe you cut all of those gold coins by hand! But, I have to say that your owl hoopla is my favorite- it's amazing what a huge difference it made to add the stitching to the owl. Kicked it up a notch or two, most definitely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2013 01:20:01 AM »

Thanks, gals!  Hopefully I'll have some more projects to post soon.  I have a couple that are finished, but I couldn't decide on which categories fit them best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2013 06:34:00 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  October - Bottoms Up
Team:  Wordy
Bonus Points:  None
Project Name:  Pink Lady ATC
Brief Description: Favorite drink... Pink Lady! I haven't done an ATC in a long time. I got really bored and started doodling and decided to flesh it out with some ink & Copics. Man, it's been a long time since I have sat down to draw. Think I might darken up the bottom a tad more now that I am looking at it closer.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2013 06:56:19 PM »

gozer- A fabulous interpretation of 'Pink Lady!'  Now you've got me wondering if I can come up with something clever for a Shirley Temple! I did just get my very curly hair cut last night, but I think that would be cheating... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2013 02:11:09 AM »

Awesome card, gozer!  I used to stalk the ATC Swap galleries often and always thought your creations were so amazing.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2013 06:55:26 PM »

so many great things, I especially loved the Austen eye Ludi, your needlework is unique and cool.  Dichotomy I liked your bags, and LovelyMiss those Shakespeare cards were great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Debating the Real Meaning of "Moby Dick"
Fan Fiction Vs Copyright
Katie Kitamura on Her Novel Gone to the Forest
Kristin Harmel on Writing The Sweetness of Forgetting
Kristin Harmel on Her Inspiration For The Sweetness of Forgetting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...