A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:Fall Nerd Battles --Sept. 3, 2013 thru November 30, 2013--  (Read 42353 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tanath
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2013 11:50:10 AM »

Ludi, those apples are super tiny, but are so clearly apples, great job Smiley. I can only imagine how you would go about making them any smaller, to fit the room you are working on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2013 01:16:51 PM »

wow, Ludi... "how do you like THEM apples?"  I do like them, a LOT!  So very well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Nerding along...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2013 01:21:34 PM »

Thank you!  I don't think I'm physically capable of making smaller apples; my hands aren't steady enough!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org

http://immenseminiatures.com/
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2013 03:21:42 PM »

Battle/Challenge: September palindrome
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: 0
Project Name: Hammered Pennies Bracelet (my first 16 cents I didn't mess up on!)
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428232.0
Brief Description: A circle is the same forward and back from whatever point you start at, right textbook people? And a bracelet is a circle... I was inspired to try metal stamping from all the cool items I saw here and elsewhere. I love it! I can't wait to learn more.
Project Picture:

It features nerdy words I like from Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Firefly and Doctor Who plus song lyrics and a few special dates. I plan to add more too!

Holy wow! Those apples are tiny, Ludi.
Inselaeffchen, love the candy corn!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013 03:44:00 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2013 03:48:57 PM »

BadWolf314, I love that Link pillow! I don't play video games, but I'd recognize Link anywhere (and I believe I have Craftster to thank for that Smiley ). And, your Camp Half Blood shirt came out fantastic, too.

Ludi, what a great fanart package! I love the Tower of Verbiage! And, holy cow! Those little apples are teeny!

Calabaza, 24 seat back pockets is quite a feat! Nicely done! And, your hammered penny bracelet is very neat- I love the leather and copper combo!

leather and lace, what a great collection of Dr. Who items! I've only seen a couple of episodes recently (although I watched it as a kid), but I'm thinking I might need to go back and start from the beginning! Then, I could make some cool Dr.Who items for myself Smiley

bunny1kenobi, I love the mug rugs! But, your serial killer necklace is outstanding! I love the blood splatters...

Inselaeffchen, great candy corn pouch! And, if the 2ch was at the end of the round, it was to bring you up to the next row, I'd guess (as opposed to the continuous spiral typical of amigurumi).

Ezri_B, that applesauce sounds delicious! Do you cook off the alcohol before you can it? I'm thinking it would make a great gift for a couple of folks I know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ezri_B
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2013 04:35:35 PM »

Thanks craftaddchick. I didn't cook off the alcohol before I canned it but I'm pretty sure canning itself cooked off the alcohol. I processed for I believe 20 mnutes which I think would burn off the alcohol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Nerding along...

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2013 05:56:54 PM »

Thanks!  I'm really getting sucked into the tiny stuff lately, I'm afraid it's another obsession which will compete with the embroidery..... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org

http://immenseminiatures.com/
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2013 06:21:41 PM »

Thanks, Ezri_B! I'll have to see if I can score some cheap apples at the local orchard. Last year I got some end of the season bargain apples.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
docnessie
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2013 12:24:09 AM »

Wow, bunny, that necklace is super cool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2013 07:23:23 AM »

My move kept me from participating too much recently but I am hoping to add some stuff up here soon! I haven't been able to commnet oo much so I am only going to start a couple pages back. Everything is amazing so please don't take offense if I started after you posted.  Embarrassed

Ludi - I love your embroidery! The zombie has the right amount of gore without being cheesy and I adore cats so that white cat is my all time fave. The apples are crazy! I want to know what yuor eye sight is because I could never make anythng that small!
 BadWolf314 - Cool Zelda pillow! I think my husband would love that! and the Camp Half-Blood is wonderful.
 Leather and Lace - That tardis is perfect for a convention. And those little companions are so cool! Very cute.
 Bunny1Kenobi - Fabulous mug rug. I need to make one for my work and for my hot chocolate. I love the little tea pot swirls. And the necklace turned out amazing! It's so pretty and then you look closer anf you see the blood... and it is even cooler! Love it and all the little sprockets.
 Iselaeffchen - I loved it as soon as I saw the candy corn colors! LOL! Best candy ever!!!
 Calabaza  - Neat idea for the chair! You could store so much more that way. I love the bracelet too. They remind me of pressed pennies but way more personalized.
 Ezri - Whoa! Your apple sauce looks deadly, in a good way! I bet it is amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Motion 3: Motion Tracking in Motion Part 1
Final Cut Studio 2: 8 and 32bit Floating Point
Final Cut Pro/Express: Clip Speed
Final Cut Pro 6: 3 Point Editing
Color: Using the Saturation Curve Editor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...