A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Halloween Swap (Sign ups CLOSED, Send Out 9/25)  (Read 32734 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

desired constellation
fire eyed girl

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 13, 2013 09:20:57 PM »

Checking in! Haven't been able to progress these last couple of days to be honest. Hopefully I'll start up again tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2013 05:42:44 AM »

"I'm not superstitious but I am a little-stitious" Haha! One of my all time favorite Michael Scott quotes EVER!!  Cheesy

I definitely have some superstitions though.  Throwing salt over my shoulder ob v, when I was a waitress we used to put a basil leaf in our bras to get good tips, whenever I see a peditle (car with one headlight out) I HAVE to smack the ceiling of my car, if I go thru a yellow light I have to kiss my fist and put it on the ceiling until I'm all the way thru and I REFUSE to put my purse on the floor...anywhere... you're sure to loose money! 

I probably have other weird things I do that I don't ever realize are superstitions LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Mellifluous
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2013 08:01:28 AM »

Wow, you miss a day or two and there's pages and pages of comments to come back to. We have a sender, already? I need to step up my game. I still think I might be able to send this week if I get as much done this weekend as I plan.

There's also going to be a new Dracula show starring Jonathan Rhys Myers. And whether you watch for the vampire story or the cute Irish actor is totally up to you, of course.   Roll Eyes

I knew about Sleepy Hollow (which I'm really looking forward to) but I hadn't heard of Dracula. I hope it's on a channel I get. JRM is a mesmerizing presence. He'll be a great Dracula.

"I'm not superstitious but I am a little-stitious" Haha! One of my all time favorite Michael Scott quotes EVER!!  Cheesy

LOL I like that one too. I've never heard of the basil leaf for tips. How is that supposed to help?

As for superstitions I don't really believe in them but I do throw salt over my shoulder when I spill it, and say "bread and butter" when I'm walking with someone and we go opposite sides of a pole or pillar or something like that to prevent a quarrel. My grandmother had a lot of them I'm told: no hat on a bed, no rocking a chair with nobody in it, no opening an umbrella in the house, if your left palm itches you'll come into money, if your right palm you'll meet a stranger, etc. I've always been fascinated by superstitions and like reading about them and learning the ones I haven't heard of before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nix kisses
mischief maker

like butterflies in the Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2013 10:33:20 AM »

For me it's just knocking on wood. And sometimes I won't mention good things until they've actually happened so as not to jinx myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: September 14, 2013 12:01:35 PM »

OMG knocking on wood for sure! How did I forget that?! 

I have absolutely no idea how the basil leaf was supposed to help.  It was an old Italian restaurant I worked at in Jersey for a few years in my late teens/early 20s.  Most of the waitresses were there for a loooong time.  They told me to put basil in my bra for better tips, I wasn't one to question them LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2013 12:12:40 PM »

I toss salt and knock on wood, too!

And I NEVER EVER give a baby gift until the baby is born. Shower gifts are mom gifts, so those don't count, but personal things for the baby (especially things that have a name on them) I do not give until I actually get a photo or a snuggle from the babe. It terrifies me, unnecessarily so, but still.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #336 on: September 14, 2013 06:16:14 PM »

My "medium" turned into a "large" turned into a "huge."   Shocked  But I'm almost done!  Even so I am tempted to send extras!  How I love this swap!  A lot!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2013 06:37:02 PM »

By size, my medium is a medium. By time, it is way more than a medium, like most  craftsters in the swap probably. It is not finished yet though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 14, 2013 06:42:30 PM »

Got my more difficult craft completed with no issues.  The super simple one confounded me WAY more than I expected.  Ain't it always the way?  Original plan was to be done by today.  Some sort of cruddy virus following after a week of crazy hours has made me even slower than usual - should still be ready to send by mid week though.  Banga's wish list was way easy to work from - that helped speed things up a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #339 on: September 14, 2013 06:49:48 PM »

Was listening today to the excellent The Dickies.  Here's another song for the list:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxz4slVz244

I think it is merely an excuse to say "booby" a lot.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Care for Your Metal Jewelry
How to Clean Silver Jewelry
How to Make Resin Jewelry
How to Make a Jump Ring
How to Make Leather Bracelets
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...