A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,366
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow gathering of MONSTERS!!! Picture garfreakinggantuan!  (Read 3856 times)
Tags for this thread: craftsters_10th_anniversary_cross_category_challenge  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2013 02:28:07 PM »

Craftster means FUN! OMG you people are a RIOT! I've never had such a blast as I do looking at and reading about all these crafty adventures. You've unlocked (even more of) the weird in me! It's gushing out in the form of MONSTERS of all shapes and sizes, LOL!

Even more than that though, Craftster means LEARNING. New things and learning about myself too. Craftster's taught me that it's ok to make all the things I dream up, I can give them away or even sell them, yay! I've learned that it's perfectly reasonable to have a big chunk of my living space full of supplies and tools of the trade (lots of people do that, it's not just me!), it's not unreasonable to rescue and take home any and everything I might find useful "one of these days". And that the downed tree in the yard is a Perfect spot for a photo shoot!  Cheesy

Here's where I got the idea that there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking 30 stuffies outside on the lawn for a little camera lovin' despite how loonie it looks to the neighbours Cheesy. That I'm a better photographer than I thought I was and also, and possibly most importantly, that if I get eaten alive during said photo shoot, well, there's bound to be a recipe for homemade bug bite lotion on here somewhere Cheesy.
And I've learned that while I may not necessarily be able to make my entire living selling my work, I CAN offer my art for sale. It's good enough, it's cute enough, and gosh darn it, people Like it!
Oh, and I also learned here how to felt up the old wool sweaters I use for these guys as well as how to make the homemade natural laundry soap that I wash them with Wink.

There's a prevailing spirit of enjoyment and positivity on this site that you can't help but be uplifted by Smiley. And I know I'm not alone in feeling confident and safe sharing my crafty adventures and, oops, mishaps here  Undecided. Because this is a community full of the kindest, most supportive, encouraging people anywhere. And it's helped me grow into a more supportive, kinder and encouraging person myself. The folks here are unfailingly giving of themselves, their time, their patterns, tutorials, advice, and even the beautiful things they've made. Craftster is all about spreading the love <3. Thank you for everything.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013 09:29:58 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013 02:48:02 PM »

omg. Monster explosion!! I especially love the tubular guy, with no appendages whatsoever. He's by far my favorite out of all those fabulous monsters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013 02:50:05 PM »

That is a lot of super cute monsters! I love how unique they all are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013 02:52:37 PM »

Bella I love him too! His mouth is a pocket from the front of a sweater, I just giggle ever time I see him.

It is a monster explosion, isn't it? I wasn't even sure I could get that many pictures to load in just one post! It's OK to do that I hope...Huh Oh boy...

I didn't post the pocket on the back of this one (I love the ones with pockets best of all!).

Thanks Meleriffic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SmcNesby
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013 03:36:32 PM »

So cute ! The one that looks kind of like a kitty is my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013 07:51:41 PM »

eep! that makes him sooooo much more loveable!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013 08:05:55 PM »

Your monsters are always adorable, and I am constantly amazed at how much you accomplish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013 05:59:14 AM »

SmcNesby, which one? The second pic has three kitty like creatures, is it one of those? I'm always interested in finding out which ones are people's faves Smiley.

Bella, the other pocket of that sweater felted up all crooked so I couldn't use it, I was so sad about that. The one that worked looks like crazy lips!

Thanks Dulcet! I binge craft, periods of nothing interspersed with floor lost under fabric mountain Cheesy. At least my OCD is fun and productive, right? LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawnkatdead
Happy Halloween to all, and to all a good fright!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013 07:54:15 AM »

These are too freakin adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a house upon the hilltop
We will not go inside
For that is where the witches live,
Where ghosts and goblins hide.

Jack Prelutsky - Haunted House (poem)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013 08:07:20 AM »

Craftlylittlemonkey--your post made me swell with pride and love for having "met" you here...your little monsters have been so much fun (yeah, they are so stinking cute!)...and you are such a crafting machine and such a tremendous upcycler!! 

Such imagination and you are truly inspiring in that you use up EVERY LITTLE BIT!!!

I admire your talent and skill, but I also admire your willingness to share and to offer people tips and encouragement.

Thanks for being on craftster and for entering this very special challenge...lots of love and hugs to you...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Cheddar Steak Sandwich Recipe
Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Fresh Fried Corn Recipe
Jalapeno Cheddar Rice Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...