A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Round 2 More TM Inspired Patches Swap Gallery  (Read 7858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2013 09:16:48 AM »

That's so neat your son wants to make the patches. The patch he made looks great. Have lots of fun making patches with your kids!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
Sarcastra

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2013 02:56:33 PM »

Where do all of you find such great fabric?!

Years and years of extra shopping, fabric addiction, obsessiveness and hoarding.
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2013 04:49:19 PM »

thanks sharalee!

and about the fabric...i agree with the hoarding lol..i think most crafters are supply hoarders though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2013 07:16:37 PM »

Love the patch your son made!!! and if gamemom doesn't have "peace" sign fabric, I know I do................I'll be happy to share with ya! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
artista83

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2013 10:28:50 PM »

awww!so sweet robin! paige found one scrap that is peace sign that is big enough for one tm patch in the scraps i got from wise one. she started it today, but unfortunately my favorite needle broke. they are latch hook needle things, you dont have to try and thread through the eye, you line up the thread on the top of the needle and ust is a pull down and a lil spring latch opens and locks it in! it was the one with the biggest eye that my hubs bought me i think at a thrift store, i hope i can find some more! do you guys know if they are common? i never shopped for needles before besides just a reg needle kit and it is a nit hard for me to thread with the new thread i bought. not sure what kind i got, it looks like two twisted together. i dont think it is embroidery as i heard that is five strands, unless do they make a two standed kind? not very schooled in my threads lol. i also went looking for whatever you guys use to stuff with to make your patches so even and tidy! i was amazed at my partners patches! i thought it might be some kind of batting or something. i must not know what to look for or something bc all i saw was this foam stuff in a roll or big bags of fluff. i keep picturing something that looks like a thin layer of cotton. can someone maybe post a pic of what it looks like either a piece or in a package so i know what i am looking for? my patches where more puffy and i want to try to make tidy ones like you guys!

ps. i loves you guys! you all are sooo sweet!!!!! paige sais it is up to you if you want to send her some peace sign fabric scraps or whatnot. she sias it is ok if you dont, she sais she still loves you guys too for being such sweet peoples, lol

paige is getting a room built by my husband! her whole room is going to be peace signs and neon colors lol. my aunt has been crafting neon green lamps lol odd but paige wanted it neon green. when i find those type of needles again i am going to give paige one and let her repurpose some old tshirts into pillows! lol

ronan was soo bumbed when the needle broke.. he didnt get to sew today. sad but at the same time, i am soo stoked that he truly loves sewing that much!!!! ronan wants to join craftster when he gets older! lol i think there was some rivalry going on though bc every couple seconds paige kept telling me to look at her patch. ronan got a lot of attention from grandma about his patch and paige though older wants the same attention. she is just as good too! just hard to look so often lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2013 03:23:32 PM »

I sent the fabric package today and there was no peace sign fabric in there.  Actually, I'm a little surprised at myself that I didn't have any.  I would have thrown a pack of needles in for you if I had read this in time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2013 03:35:24 PM »

it's ok! i do have regular needles, i just can't seem to get the thread i got into the eye! i have no idea what it is if it is embroidery or not, it just said craft thread on the box. hubby was all "here this should last you a long while" haha not so sure about that, i have been going through each lil bundle fairly quick haha! i need to find that little needlt threader thingy. maybe that will help me! the one from my reg needle kit is missing. maybe i should search the kids room! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2013 04:27:17 PM »

that sounds like perle thread, which you are supposed* to use both strands together (not like stranded thread, which comes with 6 strands that you can separate and use as many as you like at a time to give different line weights)
and yes you will need a large eye needle

*but of course, 'supposed' is only what you make of it

My patches arrived from craftsunderground! yay! I love them both...
and beautiful beaded downton abbey patch

and this super cute flight of the concords patch

and my kit - tis is one of my all time favourite quotes, I love that I can have a patch of it now Cheesy plus loads of awesome fabrics (these kind of prints are not easy to find in the UK, so they are an extra special treat) and some gorgeous beads

Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2013 05:21:11 PM »

I love the flight of the concords one!  I don't even really know who they are but I just think the patch is too cute.  I think that red brick background would be so great for so many themes.  Is that "as is" or did you enhance it in some way?  Can I ask where it came from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wise One
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2013 06:19:43 PM »

Oooooh Noodle.  You have some gorgeous patches from Crafts!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Chicken Meat into Strips and Triangle Shapes
Learn Chinese Food Cutting and Preparation Techniques
How to Cut Carrots into Slices ,Dice and Roll Cut- Chinese style
How to Make a Chicken Curry
How to Make Grilled Oriental Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...