There are so many reasons I love Craftster, among them being all the wonderful inspiration that is shared every single day.
For this piece, I was inspired by the thought of kids running away to join the circus, and then discovering that circus life is really not all it's cracked up to be. Turns out it's a Melancholy Circus, where even the trick dogs are sad. Sorry, kids!
There are several lessons I've learned here, including, but not limited to, the following:
1. If you gesso up a clown-faced cupcake pick, you can change its entire personality
2. You never go wrong with vintage photographs and party hats
3. If you constantly buy supplies because you're sure you'll use them someday, you can always whip together something from your stash
4. Inked edges add a vintage feel to a project
5. Once you think you're finished, add some more stuff
6. Many people hate clowns, but if you have a love of the circus, you are always inspired by it
and last but not least:
7. Always make sure the back is neat!!
Happy Birthday, Craftster, and many, many more.