A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Just set up an online-store selling punk stuff  (Read 1604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Steamdino
« on: August 05, 2013 11:48:34 PM »

Hi guys,

I am newbie here, i set up my online store on June but I was working in another company thus I don't have enough time do maintain the daily work, but now, I quit my job and focus on what I am doing right now.

My store is www.punk-style.com

The layout is neat in my opinion and I make the product pictures, content and etc. The biggest problem I am facing is I am not a very good web developer. I know a little about Firework but it's hard for me to make a compelling banner.

Secondly, anyone can give me suggestions about good server?

My friends and I make steampunk jewelry and we tried to find supplier to offer other punk, rock accessories. So I need your kindly advice about if the price for my product is good or it isn't.

BTW, anyone who has a esty store? Is it good?

Your comment will be highly appreciated. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013 10:46:11 AM »

I couldn't get it to open.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steamdino
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013 09:16:26 PM »

I couldn't get it to open.
Oops..may i know what country you are living in? Coz we block certain place's IP.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013 03:50:43 AM »

It took a long time to load. many people will go on to another place instead of waiting.

You're posting on a craft site. Do you make everything on your site? Or do you resell what you buy at wholesale. If you do the latter, you're not a crafter.

But the big thing (for me anyway) is there's no indication of where you are. I always want to know where the company I'm doing business with is located. Because if I don't, the first thing that comes to mind is it's a scam.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
Steamdino
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013 08:07:15 PM »

It took a long time to load. many people will go on to another place instead of waiting.

You're posting on a craft site. Do you make everything on your site? Or do you resell what you buy at wholesale. If you do the latter, you're not a crafter.

But the big thing (for me anyway) is there's no indication of where you are. I always want to know where the company I'm doing business with is located. Because if I don't, the first thing that comes to mind is it's a scam.
Hi, thanks for your comment, we do make steampunk craft on our own; we bought many old clocks, watches gears and set up our own lab. So all you see are some basic tiny jewelry not mask, body equipment and etc.

I have noticed that the loading speed is a big problem for us hence I am seeking good and stable host.

Last but not least, I do appreciate your advise on website information, I will optimized it for sure.

BTW, your kindly suggestion for our product or marketing tips will be highly appreciated. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013 07:03:25 AM »

Sorry, I just saw that "red blood skull ring" on ebay for $3.99, available from China.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013 01:43:14 AM »

Etsy is good if you're truly making the items yourself...it's a handmade, supplies, & vintage site. If your items don't match the critera, then you may be asked to prove you're legit by etsy. Shops are reported & shut down all the time for violating the rules.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Chris in VT
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013 04:36:55 AM »

Etsy is good if you're truly making the items yourself...it's a handmade, supplies, & vintage site. If your items don't match the critera, then you may be asked to prove you're legit by etsy. Shops are reported & shut down all the time for violating the rules.
Then somebody's not doing their job over there. Last time I went to Etsy I saw a boatload of Chinese stuff passed off as handcrafted work. They buy from Ohio Wholesale or Craft Wholesalers and put it up on Etsy.

There's a magazine out there called "Country Sampler" and it comes out quarterly. It was well known for it's "crafts" section where crafters would purchase space and advertise. It was a great way to make sales and the work was original. Today half the magazine has "stores" that buy everything from the above companies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.shadypinestudios.com
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013 11:25:21 AM »

Actually, etsy has modified their official language to the tune of "yes, we like handmade a lot, but cheap stuff from China sells better and we need to make money".

Now, I have no problems with cheap stuff from China, but when you lie about it and say you made it yourself, that's what I object to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chris in VT
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013 04:29:51 AM »

Just like some craft shows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.shadypinestudios.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Classic French Twist Hairstyle
How to Create Futuristic Hairstyles
Tips for Beachy Waves
Ballerina Bun Hairstyle
Hair Blow Drying Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...