A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,387
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would love to get some feedback  (Read 485 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sazzielou
« on: January 23, 2015 10:04:29 AM »

Hi,
I have just joined the community after hearing about you on facebook. I am hoping to get some opinions on my facebook page and products. I have had the page since april and only made 1 sale so far. My crafts seem to sell well at the fairs though  Huh
Do you think i could do anything differently in order to generate more sales/interest on there? or is it the products that are just not right Huh
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.
Sarah x
https://www.facebook.com/sazparillasgifts
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCouple
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015 05:13:51 PM »

Your creations are adorable!

If your products are selling well at fairs, then you've determined there is a market for your project.  When you are at the fairs, are you really utilizing the face-to-face time you get with your customers, and potential customers?  Make sure everyone that comes even close to your booth is being handed a flyer, or a business card.  Offer those folks some sort of discount if they order from you, as that will allow you to gauge how effective your impressions were.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015 03:57:47 AM »

The reason you're doing better at fairs is simple. The customer can actually see, touch, and look at the quality of your work. Can't do that online.

Working a fair is simple. You dress nice, always stand up, and be ready to interact with your customer. And smile... a lot.

I have to respectfully disagree with Crafty Couple about the flyer and cards. You're there to sell today, and if the customer sees they can get it cheaper online with a discount, you just lost a cash sale. And isn't that why you're doing the fair in the first place?

I don't do fairs to drive traffic to my website. That's defeating the whole reason to do craft fairs. I have a section on my website that drives traffic to the shows. And I have a discount coupon the customer can print and give me at the show, not the other way around. Because the fairs are where the money is.

Now I exhibit with a pretty serious group of crafters. We do some serious shows just about every weekend during the season. Here's some photos from one promoter I do a number of shows with here in New England. https://castleberryfairs.com/gallery/

Some have canopies for outdoor shows that cost upwards of $1,000. They all have a web presence, but to a person they all will say they can make more in one weekend than they will do in a year online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015 08:00:54 AM »

Facebook has changed over time. Only a fraction of your followers are even seeing your posts. You would have to pay FB to get better results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCouple
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015 12:28:26 AM »

Totally agree that at fairs, people are not just buying the product, but also buying the producer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Lighten and Darken in Photoshop
How to Change People Clothing with Photoshop
Create Realistic 3D Models with Google SketchUp
How to Get Transitions to an IDVD Slideshow
How to Make a Collage in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...