A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEWBIE CRAFTALONG  (Read 24056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2013 01:41:06 PM »

We love the enthusiasm and energy of the newbies...we want you guys to get your own showcase and any help that you might need to post in other boards as well...can't wait to see your projects!

I am loving what I have been seeing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013 04:46:54 PM »

I have always been a tad confused to log on and see that we have 900 visitors and 50ish users, so I am always excited to see a lurker or 2 jump in the pool....I don't think we are really that scarey.  And it is doubly exciting to be inspired by these posts Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2013 12:31:40 AM »

I have always been a tad confused to log on and see that we have 900 visitors and 50ish users, so I am always excited to see a lurker or 2 jump in the pool....I don't think we are really that scarey.  And it is doubly exciting to be inspired by these posts Grin

I have too. Right now there are 675 Guest and 12 Users.
Then again, I know I was overwhelmed at first because of all the amazing things here. I was afraid my work wouldn't be good enough. But I've gotten over that :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2013 01:48:10 AM »

This is what I have been up to lately everyone. Hope you all like it.  Cheesy
What craftster means to me?

It is my cyber woman cave where I deck out my posts with all my projects and share them with the world.

Friday night dive bar, because I dive right into my craft supplies stash and a root beer soda doesnt hurt either. I enjoy browsing through the boards while Im working on a project, it helps keeps me motivated to finish what I started.

A place where I can completely geek out and let my inner nerd run free without being  told I should act my age. Which Im still confused as exactly what people mean by that...Im a crafter after all. Crafters never really grow up or at least from my point of view anyway.

Thanks to craftster I am able to socialize with some awesome crafters and take part in this wonderful creative community that inspires me to craft more and try new things.

My favorite thing about craftster so far is the craft-alongs, but that maybe changing soon, since I recently signed up for my first swap Back to Hogwarts 4.

To celebrate Craftsters 10th year Anniversary I made this pink and white crochet cake bead container cover with a crocheted flower in the center and a happy anniversary sign on top. I hand rolled out and shaped each letter for the cake sign out of clay, which gave me some trouble, but it turned out ok in the end.

Happy 10th Anniversary Craftster & thanks for creating an amazing website for crafters like me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
sandystc
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2013 05:31:56 AM »

(bolding mine) Thank you, I'm very resourceful when I need be!

Thank you all! I guess proper wasn't the right word. Cheesy I didn't have anything resembling embroidery needles or floss. I didn't have a hoop, either. That's why I used burlap, I only had a blunt needle that I used for bookbinding. And I hope I didn't come across as 'look at me'. I wanted to show I was serious about the craft.

Hi,

I just joined today. I'm a total beginner and really need to do more samplers.

I didn't have any 'proper' embroidery tools yet. But I really enjoy it.

Wow! You may be new to Craftster, but the creativeness and professionalism of what you've posted on Flicker shows that you're definitely not new to crafting. Looks like we oldsters have a lot we can learn from you. I especially love the bookbinding photos. I've never seen that elaborate a spine lacing before. We may need you to post some tutorials. Welcome aboard!

And if the embroidery you posted is an example of what you can do without the "proper" embroidery tools, can't wait to see what you could do with them. What "proper" tools are you needing?

I've been doing embroidery for more than 50 years (seriously!! I'm that ancient!). The one thing I've learned in all that time: there is no one right way to do anything. Using a larger, blunt point needle and yarn worked great on burlap. An embroidery needle and floss wouldn't have worked nearly as well. Kudos to you for using the tools and materials that were available to express yourself. It's refreshing and creative and I look forward to seeing more of your work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is geometry in the humming of the strings. There is music in the spacing of the spheres. Pythagoras

Don't play what's there, play what's not there. Miles Davis

http://pinterest.com/sandystc/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2013 06:01:40 AM »

oh what a clever idea for your bead container (which I am envious of!)....

I am guilty of not signing in on Craftster when I just want to look around and not say anything...often at work, I just want to pop in, look at pictures, and then get back at work, so yeah, I am one of those signed in but not a member temporarily...I bet a lot of people do that...

We love lurkers who get inspiration here or maybe need a tutorial...but what makes Craftster special is the community bond, so we are hoping to rope in some of the lurkers, ha ha, and get them addicted to swaps, craftalongs, and chit-chatting with us! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2013 09:16:44 AM »

That's an awesome cake. And I love how you set up your photo shoot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2013 10:59:29 AM »

I never would have thought to combine crochet and clay in the same project. Love how it turned out and the uniqueness of your design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
95/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Crafted Notecards Swap 3 - crafting for 4 partners
Quilt Block Swap 6 - questionnaire sent
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2013 06:09:09 PM »

Thanks everyone. I was inspired to mix the two from the HPC challenge and now I'm glad I did. I also lurk when I can't sign in because of work or class. I enjoy reading the articles on here and checking out the boards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
dawnkatdead
Happy Halloween to all, and to all a good fright!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2013 07:24:03 AM »

All done with the Man Cave sign! Well almost anyway. I still have to put the screws, and the wire on, but done painting.

I finished one other project. But I think I may post that one in the paper craft section  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a house upon the hilltop
We will not go inside
For that is where the witches live,
Where ghosts and goblins hide.

Jack Prelutsky - Haunted House (poem)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Fruit Crumble Recipe
How to Make a Clafouti
Delicious and Easy Cookie Butter
Make This Slacker Toffee
How to Make Creme Brulee Without a Torch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...