A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEWBIE CRAFTALONG  (Read 23670 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2014 11:23:08 AM »

Just found these...they are wonderful!  I love birds...you have captured them perfectly!  Please please do a downy woodpecker!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2014 02:11:40 PM »

Haha! You're too funny. I will add it to my list. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
My website
50 Projects in 2014
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2014 10:56:03 AM »

Artsycandice, I love those birds too!
Great shape, great colours, great expression.
I hope you'll get around to making more of them, like you originally planned. They would look so great together.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

(I just discovered this thread. I think it is a great idea.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amazon_warrior
You say "scientist or artist?" like they're mutually exclusive.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2014 02:33:24 PM »

Oooo, cute birdies!  Smiley

I suppose I could put some stuff here, right? I already posted my QIPs in the quilt-along thread, but I can show off my other finished things here, I think?

Beady stuff - I love beads and have collected them for absolutely years.  I'm very bad at making things with them, though, but I'm trying to be better with the help of the occasional bead mag.

First go at chainmaille (european 4-in-1), decorated with my first ever self-made findings.  Lot of learning in this.

Golden Daisy necklace I made for a reader's challenge in a bead mag.  They printed it and sent me some pretty beads!

Polyclay stuff - I remember playing with Fimo way back in the '80s, and it's still fun now!  I'm fascinated by all the possibilities and techniques around these days.  I must have another clay play day soon...

Beads I made while adapting a tutorial to make faux opal - they don't look like opal at all, but I like them anyway and have nicknamed them "candy quartz" because mum wanted to eat them.  (I know there are some really great faux techniques out there, but I was trying to see if I could devise one of my own.)

Reversible tiles beads.

Snowflake ornament.  The combination of polyclay snowflake and bead snowflake just sort of happened.

Fabric stuff - My mum taught me to sew when I was quite little (she used to make almost all her own clothes) and I've done a bit of dressmaking myself in the past.  My fort is definitely Large Flat Things, though - quilts and such.

Cushion cover made from charity-shop silk finds.  If it looks like a tie, it is!  That one was a "proof of concept" effort, I've made others that are more colour-coordinated but they need borders and backs still.

Mum's Christmas present, and the first quilted item I finished.  It was inspired by a picture I saw while looking for jelly roll patterns, and I was so pleased with it that I did another in blue and white for a friend:

(I'll post these in the Completed Quilts board when I get image-posting rights...)

Shopping bag I made from a pattern for my sister for Christmas.  The main fabric was a chance find in a scraps box in a local fabric shop, and the dark blue bird is appliqued on.

Little stocking filler chocolate boxes I made after watching the Great British Sewing Bee Christmas Special.  I made them in a big rush and there's a lot I'd do differently to make them again.  I made the little delica stars by following a tutorial I found online.  It was in Korean but had very good pictures!  XD
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014 06:44:26 PM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: fix newbie pictures to show up » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finished: 5/14 quilted items in 2014

I have a blog, yes I do.
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2014 08:45:13 AM »

Just found this thread - it's great! I'm still scrolling through the projects, but I have to say that the zombie-fied parents are awesome!! Did you put them in their own thread??

Amazon_warrior, your quilts are beautiful!  And I think those faux opal beads look great!  I hear you on the bead collecting vs. making - I have quite a stash myself and I need to get better at using them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Amazon_warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2014 11:58:59 AM »

Amazon_warrior, your quilts are beautiful!  And I think those faux opal beads look great!  I hear you on the bead collecting vs. making - I have quite a stash myself and I need to get better at using them! 
Thank you for the kind words!  ^_^  For me, the problem is findings - I either don't have what I need to finish something or it's the wrong colour.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog, yes I do.
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2014 09:21:22 PM »

Amazon_warrior, that is an amazing diversity of crafts and all look very, very well done. Think my personal favorites are the blue and white quilted Christmas gift (table topper?) and the shopping bag. That may be because they're my favorite color but definitely because I love anything made of fabric. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
95/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Crafted Notecards Swap 3 - questionnaire sent
Quilt Block Swap 6 - questionnaire sent
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2014 04:00:15 PM »

Wow, what amazing items. I especially love the bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Amazon_warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2014 02:12:42 AM »

Thank you both!  Smiley

kbrison:  Yep, it's a table topper.  You'd probably like the blue'n'white Japanese-style FQs that fell through my door yesterday, then!  XD  Haven't quite decided what'll happen to them yet, they might become a bag or the back of a noren curtain that I'm making for my mum...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog, yes I do.
stillatthetop
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2014 03:31:43 PM »

Alrightly...haven't looked you up, yet, Amazon_warrior, but guessing with a Mum...you are UK?
What wonderful quilting. And your beading works are beautiful, too. That chain mail one has such detail to it.
Don't say you can't bead...you obviously can! It just might take a bit longer. I am like that with my knitting and crochet. It frustrates me sometimes...but if you keep working with it, it will get easier.
I like the diversity of your arts, too. You are hopping all about and sampling everything. That makes for a good artist. Then you can see anything and just make it  Grin

Oh, and I collect men's ties. I am planning on a hippy skirt {from the 60's} made from them. And maybe a vest.

And also some denim jean purses that use ties for flaps and purse straps. Denim "boodie" fabric for the main body of purse, with original pockets kind of thing. You know, crotch to waistband. Legs cut off. Stitched at the bottom, zipper or velcro to the top...or a button closure.  Additional pocket can be added under fly zipper for a coin purse.  Grin Just ideas.

I enjoyed looking at the eye candy tonight!

~T
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014 03:53:29 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carter 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Mara Hoffman 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Aqua Di Lara 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Caffe 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Kooey 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...