A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 316,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEWBIE CRAFTALONG  (Read 55766 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013 08:08:03 AM »

That hat is just precious! I like how you used the ribbon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2013 12:41:48 PM »

Been looking at all the wonderful goodies that the newbies are creating. They give us "old timers" good ideas, too!
We are all in this world together. And can craft and create in our own personal space, for what we wish for, or what we trade for, or whatever. And help each other out when we get into a tight pinch/bind, and don't know where to go from there. AND JUST THE INSPIRATION!!!!

I know we all need that. I will watch this thread, and help with what I know to help with. 46 years old. My first doll dress (my age of 5 in it's creation) I sewed the sleeves and neck hole shut. I just got carried away with the needle (hand stitched).... Cheesy What was I thinking??? Mom was painting, and just stopped long enough to tie the knot on the thread for me. I was on my own and I have run with scissors ever since!

Hooorah for the newbies. Don't give up trying. Art is a fun project, and really there is no right way. Boo boos can be turned into wonderful projects, too. Think outside the box~

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2013 12:44:44 PM »

good advice!! lol--sewing the neck shut...yeah, bloopers abound in a craftster's life...it is part of the experience! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2013 01:09:01 PM »

Har, har. Mom stuffed it (my silly doll dress) with potpouri for me, and it was in my dresser drawer for years!
Outside the box. I still could enjoy it.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
wrenboldlygoes
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2013 01:23:44 PM »

Hi I'm Wren.
I'm new here and this is my first post !
I also joined craftser after stumbling upon the Harry Potter Craftalong via pinterest.
I seem to stay as a beginner in most things because I have a perfectionist complex and struggle in the translation of an idea into a crafted item, I used to scrapbook for other people as gifts but not for a while.
I once sewed the T-shirt I was wearing to a sewing project on my machine at the time !
Everything here is so inspiring and my little book of crazy that I carry round with me has gained several ideas from browsing.
My first goal was to be brave enough to post and my second is to start and finish a knitted item, I'm thinking an easy garter stitch tie for my lovely boyfriend.
I'm interested in learning new skills and building upon the ones I have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2013 01:35:00 PM »

Welcome Wren! I promise we won't bite! Have fun cruising around the boards and yes, please post! We want to see your crafty awesomeness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2013 01:44:53 PM »

oh I love your avatar!!  There is nothing more inspiring to me than to see people jump in and try new things, being brave to put themselves out there...we love seeing projects and also, watching people develop new skills and new friends!

Welcome!  As a fellow knitter, I am also excited to see knitted projects...a knitted tie sounds great!  Can't wait to see!

How are all of the newbies doing?  Any questions?  Are you crafting and putting it out there?  Time for me to roam...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2013 02:46:28 PM »

To sandystc...couldn't get the quote to work right, but referring to your August 10 post: 

Ahem....this IS a look at me thread  Grin That is the idea here. To play show and tell! And we all modify sometimes with whatever we have available. The creative mind can dream up all sorts of ways to accomplish things despite hurdles. Great job!!!!! And glad to see all the newbies, and your works!

~T
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013 02:52:01 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2013 04:11:47 PM »

Welcome aboard, Wren! You'll find that we're a very supportive group. Some of us are artistic, some crafty, but all of us are creative in our own way whether it's with traditional art supplies, recycled/repurposed things, words, food, what-have-you. We just like to try new things and get feedback from each other. And maybe show off . . . just a little! Grin Mainly, we just have fun because we're free to try new things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
50 Projects in 2016
191/190 in 2016, 189/15, 185/14, 47/13
Holiday Cards/Tags
Chuckiegirl
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2013 07:35:33 AM »

I have been remiss in posting my crafts. I have done a few but really have not felt too crafty lately. I just seem to go in these spurts!

Here is a paper birdhouse I made in September, inspired by my girls starting an Arts and Crafts Club in their school. The teacher who graciously volunteered to be their advisor is obsessed with Zen Tangles. She has books and books and books on them and they fascinated me. I wanted to try it out and here is what I came up with.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...