A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dumbo Corset  (Read 1223 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillrbassett
« on: August 04, 2013 11:48:51 PM »

Hello!

I'm in love with corsets and thought it would be fun to start making stylized disney costume corsets. So far I've only made one, Dumbo. Corsets always make me think either renaissance or circus, so dumbo was perfect. I think I could also use this corset for a girl Flash costume or a Wonder Woman costume with very minor changes.

This was my first attempt using this pattern, so it's not exactly the best, but for my first time making any sort of corset, i'm pleased. (It's also not sitting entirely straight on my dress form so it looks a bit more wonky than it is). I took pictures along the way and there's more detail in my blog; link in my signature.

I'm sure how to incorporate the grey of dumbos skin and the pink insides of his huge ears, but I'm planning to create some grey and pink high waisted shorts to wear along with this corset, to finish off the dumbo look. When worn with some cute black boots/heels, some stockings and a top hat it could definitely scream circus. A skirt would be cute too but I haven't thought of any style I would like. Any suggestions? 

Thanks for looking, C&C appreciated!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me if you're interested in buying custom costumes.

Sometimes I blog here: http://jillrbassett.wordpress.com/
frogprincess
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013 07:16:47 AM »

i would totally make dumbo ears to wear either on a headband or in your hair ....it would be awesome .

great job .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixyfearie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013 08:17:29 PM »

I like the shorts idea for the bottom i think a skirt would come off a little ...show girly instead of circus. Sounds precious! was looking around and maybe to add the skirt effect you could make a sort of  bustle type skirt add-on to the shorts to incorporate the corset colors with it?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013 08:19:36 PM by pixyfearie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillrbassett
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014 05:15:54 PM »

I like the shorts idea for the bottom i think a skirt would come off a little ...show girly instead of circus. Sounds precious! was looking around and maybe to add the skirt effect you could make a sort of  bustle type skirt add-on to the shorts to incorporate the corset colors with it?

Oh my gosh I love that idea.  I actually have yet to do anything with this corset. It got pushed to the bottom of my closet never to be seen again. I think I'm going to try to remake it once school is out and make it a thousand times better.  I'm thinking poofy shorts (not sure what the name would be) but almost steam punk looking shorts with a short bustle attached to the back. I'm really excited now. Thanks for the idea! If I ever get around to making that project I will post updates and pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me if you're interested in buying custom costumes.

Sometimes I blog here: http://jillrbassett.wordpress.com/
smilegirl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014 11:39:10 PM »

I believe it is a great job of yours
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...