A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completed projects and little beg for help  (Read 1003 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , pocket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

queenorivers
That's Sew Lauren

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2014 03:55:28 PM »

Here is my Deer and Doe Belladone ducks in a row dress! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, except I have a pretty harsh fitting issue in the back. At first I thought it may be a problem with the length of each diagonal line on the lower and upper back busts but after tucking and pinning and stitching and repeating and the gaping just seeming to not go away, we (me and my boyfriend) thought the fit problem might be in the height of the waist. Does anyone think from the pics that my waist may be a little bit high and I may actually benefit from shortening the bust? Or shall I alter the upper bust pattern like http://lladybird.com/2013/07/29/completed-a-stripey-belladone/ <- that? It's a beautiful pattern and I was so disappointed when the bottom was so perfect and the top wasn't fitting well at all, if anyone has any other suggestions to try they would be much welcome.

Rest of the pics here:

I am aware of the bias binding sticking out and am pretty sure I know how to prevent that, more cutting into the seams, understitching, less stretching and grading down the bias binding should help, but if anyone has any other advice on keeping bias binding flat too that would be much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014 05:09:08 PM »

I love your dress. It is very beautiful from the front and the back doesn't look bad to me either!

I can't help you, my bias sometimes does the same, especially with a lightweight fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rachel_Stitches
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014 09:32:19 AM »

Lovely fabric and a gorgeous dress.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014 09:33:03 AM by Rachel_Stitches » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lettersalad
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014 02:16:03 PM »

Judging from the folds, I'd say your waist is too tight. Seems the whole back part of the dress is resting on the small of your back. AND you have "pulling folds" from the sides to the zipper at your back.
If you can, let some fabric out of the seam allowances. Maybe the dress will then fall a bit down and smoothen your problems.

Salad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lettersalad
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014 02:16:51 PM »

Oh, and it's a very nice dress; forgot to say while thinking about your problem.

Salad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter E
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter A
What Is Graffiti Blockbuster Style
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter G
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...