A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,733
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Belly Dancing Poppet Couple (Pic Insane!)  (Read 3162 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , belly_dancer , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2013 06:38:32 PM »

For the poppet/ami swap my partner Smeddley loves belly dancing stuffs so I crafted up an awesome pair of Bunny belly dancing poppets =D I trolled her pinterest for a few, then I trolled pinterest in general for every belly dancing picture I could find for some ideas XD Well I wont torture everyone with to long of an intro =D so here they are!

(Pardon my terribly un-imacculate pond in the background XD)
The lovely pair

Some of the little details on the little bunny girl, her ring (craft wire, some of my japanese glass bead collection, and a random diamond shaped bead I found in my box of belly rings =D) Her little gold bangles and a jade/quartz composite ring...and ofc some of the beading on her little top

Her little zills, which I made using those little shank buttons that you cover with fabric and snap together =D, well the innershank that has that little metal piece that actually gets sewn to w/e your sewing it to (im brain fried pardon my lack of proper terminology haha) xD I snapped that little metal piece off and glued the ribbon in a loop to the top of the inner shank, then glued that (love that e6000!!) to the inside of the outer button and voila!

Her hair, which is extra soft yarn which was unraveled strand by strand till her hair was ultra soft then braided into this cute braid I found on Smeddley's pinterest =D

Her fluffy tail which is a pompom (made from the same fluffy yarn as her hair then brushed out to fluffy perfection), her necklace (the back of it) which is twisted and beaded pink craft wire, and her awesome tattoo's which were done with Sharpie's Stained* fabric pens and colored in with Elmers Painters* fabric pens

Her adorable little toes and her anklet made to match her necklace

A nice close up of her face which is all hand sketched and designed, the Scorpio tattoo on her ear and her painted fingernails =D False eyelashes and e6000 epic combination =D

Okies, here's the guy (I didnt get as many upshots of the guy cause my camera died right before I boxed them up haha)

His face is also hand sketched and painted on, His little collar was modeled after something similar on Smeddley's pinterest =D and his hat was to go with the collar but contrast and match the beading on his pants for a little exotic flare

His little pants and a lovely shot of his bad ass abs =D and ofc a shot of his tattoo's, a cute tribal bunny (ha ha get it!! he's a bunny with a bunny tattoo!!) his harem pants are entirely my design (and what a pain they were!), the beads were done by hand to add flare and color

His cute fluffy tail, made ofc just like his partner (the girl bunny) brushed to fluffiness, his hair however was not seperated by strand so his hair has a different look and texture to it...you can sort of see the side splits in the harem pants which were sequined all around the splits for the awesome look and it finished off the edges nicely...and OFC his wicked wings tattoo's =D

Ahhh there we go, the better side shot to show the side splits in the harem pants as well as his awesomely buff arms and fingers =D I couldnt find any little gold bangles that would fit over his hands, so unfortunately his little wrists are kind of bare =D but his toenails and fingernails were painted an off white just to add detail

All the outfits were entirely made by me, no patterns just random shapes I messed with until I got the look I was pleased with =D The waist bands are elastic so they are form fitting without having snaps or velco to take from the look, and the bands around the bottom of the guys pants are elastic'd as well to give more poof to the center of the pants =D

Another cute shot of the little dancing couple

Hope everyone likes them!!
Comments most welcome!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013 07:16:11 PM by Tenitsu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
JenniferSavage
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013 08:04:39 PM »

These are AMAZING!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I can make that!" has been the start of more misadventures than I can count Cheesy
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/ShesASavage

My username was previously MyBabyIsACommunist!
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013 08:55:22 PM »

Yay, they have their own post!  All of my friends are super-jealous, they are awesome.

(so is your pond... what a picturesque place to take pictures!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013 10:12:53 PM »

Yay, they have their own post!  All of my friends are super-jealous, they are awesome.

(so is your pond... what a picturesque place to take pictures!)

Yeahhh the pond is usually crystal clear with awesome 1-2ft long koi  in it, but a few years back someone poisoned the pond and killed our rare black n blue japanese koi as well as my brother's prized golden butterfly koi, both koi were about 1 1/2 feet long...atm there's two 8in shabunkin in there a red n a blue one, but you cant see em atm ofc haha

I also failed to mention that both their outfits were made from a single standard fat quarter of premium quilting fabric =D (in their own respective colors ofc) and aside from the girl poppet, the boy poppet's underwear was made from some random scrap fabric from one of my daughter's dresses XD

I'm definitely I got them done before I started on the yard work, between the wretched mosquito's and the damn poison ivy allllllll i do now is scratch XD though funny thing happened XD my mom came down to admire those two poppets and forgot they werent here hehehe!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013 10:32:10 PM »

Wow!  Those are amazing.  What great design and implementation!  I'm jealous of your recipient!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spidermom
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013 09:07:37 AM »

loving the costuming and beadwork!  nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013 05:24:49 AM »

Fantastic work Tenitsu  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013 07:49:20 AM »

I just had to pop in & Say "Tenitsu" that you out did yourself WOW!!   Shocked  They are Amazing! Love all the detail! Their outfits are pretty & all the tattoos are so  Cool   I need to get some fabric pens, I would love to try those tattoos.
You are totally a great Artist!!  This Rocks!!!    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Received/Sent
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Received/Sent
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches
Annie38
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013 11:31:46 AM »

Awesome  Job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ssface

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013 06:14:09 AM »

These are really great!  I like the style of the eyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Go Playful with Tropical Eyes and a Rosy Lip
Find Out What Rebecca Black Keeps in Her Beauty Bag
How to Get a Hello Kitty-Inspired Makeup Look
How to Get a Clear Pore-Free Complexion
Try Salon Gel Manicures At Home
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...