A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Faerie party  (Read 1229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AladdinStardust

Juggalo rida bitch!

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2005 08:27:50 AM »

I am planning the party for my niece's sixth birthday and she is really interested in Brian Fraud's faeries and wants a faerie party.  The party is on the 24th so I don't have a lot of time left and I can't really think of much to do for decorations or activities.

So far I have made the invitations with paintings of faeries on them and for an activity I made some plain white faerie wings for them and got paint, glitter, jewels, and fake flowers so that they can decorate their own wings to wear during the party.

The party is mostly girls, but there are two boys coming and I was wondering if anyone had an idea for something they can do instead of wings.

If anyone has any ideas for the party I would really appreciate it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexi
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005 08:31:28 AM »

crowns? so they can be princes...

um. wands! oh wait, you don't want anyone poking eyes out...

sorry that's all I got Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is all this untouched beauty / The light the dark both running through me / Is there still redemption for anyone / Jesus come" -Over The Rhine
rhodora
i like giants

eyes like omens i've been told and

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005 09:01:32 AM »

perhaps a sort of garland?  you wouldn't have to use flowers, maybe just sprigs of...whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rhodora Handcrafted by Sarah Jones - rhodora.etsy.com
ComputerKids.org! - HTML help, tutorials, advertising, and ideas for your site!
AladdinStardust

Juggalo rida bitch!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005 12:27:47 PM »

thank you so much for your suggestions

i decided to make dragon wings for the boys, but now i am also going to make crowns for the boys and crownish things out of flowers for the girls

and i really like the idea of using garland too
Thank you both so much
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vexy5260
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005 12:41:12 PM »

I'll look again l8r tonight and try to find this book I have...its all about fairy parties.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005 04:20:46 PM »

Blow up a faerie picture, or just draw a big one if you have the talent, and make paper wands for pin the wand on the faery.  Have some glitter makeup to give faery makeovers.  Have everyone dress as faeries.For music, dance of the sugarplum fairies and other fairy themed music.  Glitter in the loot bags and bubble blow, for some reason bubbles remind me of faeries.  Some random ideas for now.     
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005 05:58:41 PM »

Ooh, fay party, what a lucky girl! Make sure to have plenty of ribbons, in pastel colours. Have the children write birthday wishes on a length of ribbon,, and tie their ribbons onto one of those... I don't know what they're called, but they're big wire circles found in craft stores, I think for cross stitch (?), then have the birthday girl wear it on her head durring presents and cake. If you make fabric goodie bags, tie small bells to the ends of pullstrings, and fill them with pixie sticks and comtainers of bubblestuff. The only other thing I can think of is a faerie house, but thats not a birthday thing.

(first post  Grin )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
http://www.wists.com/wallaby
kiwitart
Angry Pixie

Writing is like butterfly soup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005 03:02:20 PM »

if you could have the party outside in a garden that would work the decorations out for themselves. but if it has to be indoors and you ahve any laying around garden furniture and flowers would make a very faerie feeling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slackferno
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005 10:45:54 PM »

A couple months ago, my fiance and I walked into a local independent toy store, and we were immediately approached by a glitter-toting employee.  "Hold out your arms!"  shake-shake-sprinkle.  "It's faerie dust.  Protects you from ogres.  Only works while you're in the store.  We're not responsible for ogre attacks out there."  Then she twittered off.  It was an amusing little diversion and it put us in the proper mood to shop in this particular store.  Perhaps it would put your guests in the proper mood for a faerie party.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Document
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Preview Modes
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Placing Guides on Multiple Pages
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Customizing Guide Colors
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Control Palette Calculations
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...