A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - August 2013 CLOSED  (Read 2495 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 31, 2013 07:25:06 PM »

Discussion Thread
Gallery

Welcome to the Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap!  Don't have time to participate in other swaps?  Here's your answer!  This swap is for swapping supplies or crafts you've already made.

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: A2K
Co-Organizer- gavagai
Sign-up date range: August 1 - 31, 2013
Date to send item by: within 1 week of being claimed
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No.
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes! Be aware that by signing up for this swap you are agreeing to ship items internationally if they are claimed by someone outside of your country
Age requirement? 18+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Has completed 2 swaps with positive feedback YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap*: *everything that follows courtesy of gavagai from previous rounds, thanks! Wink
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) want to de-stash supplies or
    or  c) enjoy making things for other people
...then this swap is for you! It's a lot like the Ongoing Wish Swap, except instead of posting what you want to receive, you'll post what you want to give.  To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

This is an ongoing swap, feel free to join up at any time this month! To join, first send a Personal Message to organizers A2K and gavagai with the following questionnaire info. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something (i.e. one item or combination of items to equal one claim) from the most recent list posted.  Then post your own list! Someone claims from it and the swap goes on like that, like a chain. Please note that you will need to add things to your list and/or reduce prices (maybe let people pick two things instead of one) if no one claims from your list for a couple of days. We want to keep the swap going!

If something is not clear, feel free to PM me or ask in the discussion thread!  Also, everyone who is planning to participate in the swap, please make sure to post in the discussion thread, if only to say hello!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - July 2013
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name and ailing address including the country:
Are you a friend of craftster?
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (you must be to join):  (*Please note that this means you have to be willing to send ANY item from your shop out of the country*)
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old (yes/no):
Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have ready-made or details of supplies you wish to offer), detailed description not necessary:
Have you read the swap info (in this post) carefully and commit to follow the rules of the swap?:
Do you agree to add things to your list and/or reduce prices if no one claims for 2 days, and keep doing so until claimed, doing your best to keep the swap going?:
Have you made sure to post in the AUgust 2013 discussion thread for this swap?:
How long do you have before you have to ship a claim?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.  

ALSO: Please make sure to post to the discussion thread so you stay up on any updates!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month.

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received, you may claim again.

Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in 14 days, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have 1 week to get the package in the mail.  Please contact the organizers by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.  

Preferred PM formats:

Let's say I make a claim for a set of really cool coasters from meganlorraine's list.  I would send a PM to her, something like this:

Subject: OOWYHS claim
TO:   meganlorraine

meganlorraine to A2K - one really cool set of coasters

I claimed one really cool set of coasters from your list.  Send them to me at:

First and Last name
52 Blueberry Haven
Somewhere, Michigan 89698
USA

meganlorraine would package up the really cool coasters, maybe slip in a little note, and send the package to A2K, being sure to get a tracking number on the package. She would PM A2K (both organizer and claimer in this case) and gavagai using this format:

SUBJECT:  OOWHYS SENT

TO: gavagai, A2K

Due by July 17
(you can find this date on the claims list below)

Tracking # 9500 2382 9494 9494 00

I sent your really cool coasters today!  

When A2K receives, she will PM meganlorraine and gavagai

Subject: OOWYHS REC'd

TO: gavagai, meganlorraine

Due by July 17

I got my coasters!  They are really cool!

Using this format or something similar really helps me keep track of things!  Thanks in advance for helping me stay organized!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country.  This means that you will be willing to send ANYTHING in your list out of the country, if claimed.  Please do not list items as "US only."  If you feel that an item is too heavy to send internationally, please do not list it in your shop.  

Check out the previous rounds if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Photos and the Gallery: Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your lists.  After someone claims something from your list, just move the picture from your list to the gallery! (simple cut and paste!)  The person receiving the item may wish to post "action shots" if they want to.  If you make a custom item, please post a picture in the gallery after your claimer has received.

USPS Tracking numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts.

This round of the swap will close on August 31st. Feedback will (ideally) be given on September 1st for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.

Reminders/Summary:
1. Make sure to PM A2K and gavagai when you send and receive
2. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address
3. Please try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days. Don't make us have to nag you!
4. Post pics in the gallery if someone makes you something custom or you make something from supplies you receive.
5. This thread is for lists only. You may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our Discussion Thread  

View previous round here.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013 07:28:03 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013 07:34:46 PM »

Swappers

3 outstanding claims allowed
A2K  feedback left
Averia  Feedback left

2 outstanding claims allowed
Grab a coffee  Feedback left
gavagai  Feedback left
astrangeone  Feedback left

1 outstanding claim allowed

sent
received
late, please contact me

Claims

Due 8/13
texscrapper to A2k - headbands

Due 8/14
A2K to Grab a coffee - pattern

Due 8/15
Grab a coffee to Averia - bracelet and pendant

Averia to gavagai-  heart bails and stamp carving pads

Due 8/18
gavagai to astrangeone - scissor set

Due 8/21
astrangeone to A2K - buttons and yarn

Due 8/25
A2K to gavagai - cosmetics bag and microfiber yarn

Due 8/29
gavagai to A2K - the lady in the hat pouch, pictures 1 & 2, your fabric scraps and the purple wrist pin cushion 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013 02:52:33 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013 07:08:43 AM »

Texscrapper's list is up first!

Claims allowed at one time (3)
Total claims (2)
Claims outstanding (1)
In transit (0)
Received ()

ONE POINT EACH

Custom Sewing
Here are examples of items that I can make for you - please PM about colors Smiley

4 Baby Burp Clothes

One Set Reusable Paper Towels

4 Headbands (Headbands only - not the pincushion!)

Upcycled Burlap Tote Bag

Burlap & Chevron Tote Bag

Infant Dress OR Boys Shirt

Choose Two

Purse Handles

Crafts Shells

Wooden Pennants - pk of 4

Pendants - each items = 1/2 pick

Choose Four

Set/3 Ball and Chain Necklaces

Beads - each pack = 1/4 pick

Bling Iron on - each letter = 1/4 pick

Asst Findings - each pack = 1/4 pick

Asst Itmes - each item = 1/4 pick

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013 07:16:01 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013 02:42:48 PM »

I claim headbands from texscrapper!

Total claims (1)
Claims outstanding ()
In transit ()
Received ()

Choose any items in any combination!!!! (except custom sewing -- limit one custom item in combination with any other items in any amount!)

Custom sewing:

Choose a pair of placemats, a large tote, coiled rope coaster set, a pair of zippered pouches, a needle or hook roll, an oven mitt, etc.  PM me for fabric and item choices.  Here are examples of things I could make:

Wallet

Constructed from sturdy home decor weight fabric, this wallet has an accordion pocket to accomodate your change, phone, receipts, etc.  There are six credit card slots with a secure bill pocket behind them. This wallet will stand up to wear and has a nice firm structure.

Cotton Towels

3 cotton towels will ship together if you choose these - one is equipped with a tie for hanging on the stove

Purse pattern

Owl Pincushion pattern

Teacup shaped tea wallets

Black, white, and red wallet claimed.  Blue wallet claimed.

Leather coin purse

Cotton/microfiber yarn

Experimental pouch

rounded top, lined in yellow

Handspun neck warmer  
Knitted from my own handspun wool! The fiber came from MLF in STS!  Just right for keeping the wind off your neck and ears -- it's a tad scratchy, but will be just the ticket over a turtleneck!  Stand the collar up for added wind protection!

Wristwatch pincushion -

Patterns -

Pile o'paper mailers

I'll stitch up a pile of mailers from paper grocery bags in a variety of sizes!  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013 09:57:27 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grab a coffee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013 11:39:09 AM »

I'll claim this pattern from A2K:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=590479

Claims allowed at one time (2)
Total claims (1)
Claims outstanding ()
In transit ()
Received ()

Here are my list:

I've made some cute bead weaving bracelets ages ago, here they are. You can choose all of them as one claim, or any of them as 1/4.

a closer look:

Here are some ornaments/party favors, made with 100% wool felt. Choose 3 as one claim, or any of these as 1/3. (I can make these in different colors or other shapes/sizes, so convo me with your asks Smiley)

Denim bracelet (memory wire, denim strips and some cabochons or beads, etc.) Let me know if you have any custom asks. 1/4 claims or you can get all of them as one claim.

Tiny earrings and/or pendants (silver color brass findings, size is 12mm, glass cabochon, cute pictures, like these):

1/3 claim each, message me your picture asks

Felt hairclips. 1/3 claims each, or 3 as one claim. Choose, or write me your color combination asks:

Felt jewelry... this is my real style, so here are some details: I have a lot of felt jewelry already (just a quick picture about the earrings):

so just let your imagination flow! you can choose any design I've made already with any color combination. Any item is 1/2 claim (so you can get a pair of earring and a pendant as one claim for example.). Here is a set as an example:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013 11:42:06 AM by Grab a coffee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013 09:10:29 AM »

I would like to claim a pair of earrings and pendant in blue

I still have no idea what I am doing or how to price stuff. Feel free to suggest changes! Please!

CHOOSE 2

Bright red flannel - a bit over 2 yards, already washed

Dragonfly pre-printed cross stitch kit opened but not started- I'm not fond of preprinted and didn't realize it was preprinted until i had opened it.

set of 4 - 1.75 ounce red heart baby fingering in baby yellow plus one partial skein.

set of 3 stamp carving pads of varying types

Silver-plated heart bails for jewelry making

Bird blowing bubbles hoopla - made in one of my first hoopla swaps. I made 2 because I was feeling major swap anxiety and wasn't sure I liked my first choice well enough, then went ahead and decided to send the first.

CHOOSE 4

8 ounce red heart super saver yarn. Pick from soft white (I have 2), soft navy (also have 2), or claret
also 1 true navy mainstays yarn

Simply soft caron acrylic yarn in bright pink or bright blue

rolls of flutterby embellishment collection in a variety of colors - 7/8 ounce each, 60 yards each. 2 rolls for 1/4 claim

2 pattern packs for girls sizes 8-16 and one historical apron pack

Really large size 19 knitting needles

Package of unused bottle caps

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013 03:20:19 PM »

I claim heart bails and stamp carving pads.

Claims allowed: 2
Claims made: 1
Claims sent: 0
Claims received: 0

Pick 1!

Set of pattern edged scissors. Exchangable edges that attach to the handles, so you can cut eight different kind of patterns with these. Suitable for paper (haven't tried them on anything else). Used, but the scissors are in perfect condition.

13" x 9,5"

10" x 8"

14" x 11"

Huge zippered pouches with one extra zippered compartment inside. One for one claim. I designed these with public domain images. Then they are ordered from a company, so not handmade. Approximate size next to the bag. (If you need exact measurement, please ask to be sure.) You can see front and back of each. The pictures really do not do these justice. The print is really smooth and nice. Will try to take new pictures.

Pick 4!

Genuine vintage portrait photos mounted on stiff cardboard, seem to be from the late 19:th century. Less blurry IRL. Approximately 4" x 2.5". 1/3 claim each. You can see both front and back. Claim by number.

Purple handbag with butterflies and bow, made by me. Nothing wrong with it at all, but it is not very sturdy (more like a tote bag) and it has no closing mechanism. Hence 1/4 of a claim.

Lots of beads made of different materials. The alphabet ones are a bit worn, or maybe vintage.  Tongue

Fabric scraps, two times 59" x 11", both for 1/4 of a claim

Colorful fabric scraps, about 34x23 inches laid out like this.

Pretty pincushion that I got in a swap once. I hope it is o.k. to put it here. I just have too many pincushions!

Hole punch/ruler. Measures in centimeters.

Fabric pieces! (Sorry for blurry pictures. Fabrics not blurry IRL. Cheesy) One FQ for 1/4 of a claim, all quilting cottons, new and prewashed. I may have more than 1 FQ of some of them. Ask and I will check if you want to claim more than 1 FQ of each.

Pick one free with any claim!

Vintage pincushions. Never opened. Red and blue with stiff wristbands to put on your wrist. One tomato. One of them free with claim.

Angel stamp with ink in the stamp, angel about 3/4" tall.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013 10:53:10 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013 09:00:11 PM »

I claim those uber cool looking edging scissors.  (They remind me of my childhood...Cheesy)

Claims allowed: 2
Claims made: 1
Claims sent: 0
Claims received: 0

Pick One (1):
custom stamp of your choice (3 inches X 3 inches max. - will be on lino, which means you'd have to mount it!)

Half Price Sale:  (Get two of all major items!  Except for custom rubber stamps!)

Pick Two (2):
-  Bioshock/Big Daddy Stamped Tee Shirt  (cotton, sizes S - XL available, machine washable)

-  lacy tuck in scarf

-  pink boring scarf (unfinished - need to tuck in ends!)

-  bag of buttons

-  eight (Cool skeins of yarn (54% alpaca, 34% acrylic, 12% nylon and very cuddly soft!  about DK/sock yarn weight)

-  sad creeper/Minecraft rubber stamp

-  Master Chief/Halo rubber stamp

-  knit vagina decoration (mixed fiber, I think)

-  Ness/Earthbound rubber stamp

-  Dark Mark/Harry Potter rubber stamp

-  lotus flower rubber stamp

-  Moogle/Final Fantasy rubber stamp

Pick Four (4):
-  guitar pick stickers  (one pack is eight pieces!  they are sparkly and foam!)

-  knit catnip mousies (mixed fiber, mostly acrylic, but not old, crinkly, hard acrylic)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 07:14:46 PM by astrangeone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activated!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013 08:11:31 PM »

Nice offerings, astrangeone!  I claim a bag of buttons and your yarn!

Total claims (2)
Claims outstanding ()
In transit (1)
Received ()

Choose any items in any combination!!!! (except custom sewing -- limit one custom item in combination with any other items in any amount!)

Custom sewing:

Choose a pair of placemats, a large tote, coiled rope coaster set, a pair of zippered pouches, a needle or hook roll, an oven mitt, etc.  PM me for fabric and item choices.  Here are examples of things I could make:

Wallet

Constructed from sturdy home decor weight fabric, this wallet has an accordion pocket to accomodate your change, phone, receipts, etc.  There are six credit card slots with a secure bill pocket behind them. This wallet will stand up to wear and has a nice firm structure.

Cotton Towels

3 cotton towels will ship together if you choose these - one is equipped with a tie for hanging on the stove

Purse pattern

Owl Pincushion pattern

Teacup shaped tea wallets

Black, white, and red wallet claimed.  Blue wallet claimed.

Leather coin purse

Cotton/microfiber yarn

Handspun neck warmer  
Knitted from my own handspun wool! The fiber came from MLF in STS!  Just right for keeping the wind off your neck and ears -- it's a tad scratchy, but will be just the ticket over a turtleneck!  Stand the collar up for added wind protection!

Wristwatch pincushion -

Patterns -

Pile o'paper mailers

I'll stitch up a pile of mailers from paper grocery bags in a variety of sizes!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013 03:37:43 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013 01:05:44 PM »

I claim a custom sewing item (will PM you) and the cotton/microfiber yarn. I hope it is o.k. to make a claim, and I will do my best to put up a list that people will want to claim from.

This is my second claim out of two, none sent (but will send right away, sorry for being late).

Pick 1 of these PLUS four of the pick 4

13" x 9,5"

10" x 8"

14" x 11"

Huge zippered pouches with one extra zippered compartment inside. One for one claim. I designed these with public domain images. Then they are ordered from a company, so not handmade. Approximate size next to the bag. (If you need exact measurement, please ask to be sure.) You can see front and back of each. The pictures really do not do these justice. The print is really smooth and nice. Will try to take new pictures.

Pick 4 of these PLUS one of the pick 1!

Genuine vintage portrait photos mounted on stiff cardboard, seem to be from the late 19:th century. Less blurry IRL. Approximately 4" x 2.5". 1/3 claim each. You can see both front and back. Claim by number.

Purple handbag with butterflies and bow, made by me. Nothing wrong with it at all, but it is not very sturdy (more like a tote bag) and it has no closing mechanism. Hence 1/4 of a claim.

Lots of beads made of different materials. The alphabet ones are a bit worn, or maybe vintage.  Tongue

Fabric scraps, two times 59" x 11", both for 1/4 of a claim

Colorful fabric scraps, about 34x23 inches laid out like this.

Pretty pincushion that I got in a swap once. I hope it is o.k. to put it here. I just have too many pincushions!

Hole punch/ruler. Measures in centimeters.

Fabric pieces! (Sorry for blurry pictures. Fabrics not blurry IRL. Cheesy) One FQ for 1/4 of a claim, all quilting cottons, new and prewashed. I may have more than 1 FQ of some of them. Ask and I will check if you want to claim more than 1 FQ of each.

Pick one free with any claim!

Vintage pincushions. Never opened. Red and blue with stiff wristbands to put on your wrist. One tomato. One of them free with claim.

Angel stamp with ink in the stamp, angel about 3/4" tall.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013 01:11:48 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Place Graphics in InDesign CS4
How to Film a Business Profile - Lighting (or Lack Thereof) Pt. 5
How to Film a Business Profile - Pre-Production (Pt. 1)
How to Draw Alfe from The Problem Solverz
How to Draw Blastus from Robotomy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...