A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: STS Winter Market 2013 Discussion Thread  (Read 41783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: October 18, 2013 05:16:17 PM »

Yesterday I played hooky from work (only sort of, it didn't open until noon and the computer was still down in the afternoon) and went to the guild felting study group. I've got a few samples from the study group to put in my shop, but my camera flash seems to be dying and I can't get a good photo.

sB, your slug is still underway, I am adding color, then it will need to be wet felted. The color part takes a long time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squidget
« Reply #481 on: October 19, 2013 12:04:52 AM »

So many nice things! I have such a hard time saving my points for the bigger items when I can get a one point thing at the moment.....just like in real life! Hahaha....loving all the crafty updates to the shops, I hopes to be buying some of it up soon!

Has anyone ever made pacifier clips? I am having a hard time finding the clip part. I found this kind =materials&ga_search_query=alligator_clips&ga_facet=alligator_clips&ga_includes[]=materials&ga_view_type=gallery]https://www.etsy.com/listing/79501700/alligator-clip-roach-clip-extension?ref=sr_gallery_43&ga_search_type=all&ga_includes[0]=materials&ga_search_query=alligator_clips&ga_facet=alligator_clips&ga_includes[]=materials&ga_view_type=gallery....but was curious what everyone thought about how I could make these baby friendly? Thinking maybe encasing it in felt so the clip still works but baby can't eat it? It will be attached to a flower, so one side will be covered....argh! I have tried looking everywhere already to find suspender clips or plastic clips and I am running out of time on this particular gift.

Anyhoo.....I might be adding these to the supply portion of my shop as well if I can't make them work as they are not worth returning haha.

My only other wish list item is maybe a burgundy tree skirt for my grandmother, she wanted me to sew one, which I can do, but if someone was willing to make a cooler one or had burgundy fabric for me to claim, that would be cool too Smiley

hmmm....that's tough. Generally they aren't clipped where baby can rip them off (kind of defeats the purpose of the clip. lol) but those might be tough on clothes if anything.
A garter belt clip would be a good choice too. They are soft, flat and are meant to clip on delicate fabric.

OH! and I found these! https://www.etsy.com/listing/57027460/25-mix-plastic-square-pacifiersuspender?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=supplies_low&gclid=CNyUhYuDoboCFRFxQgod50kAnQ

Those are PERFECT! Thanks lxm! I might just need those to make baby presents FOREVER! It's so much fun Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #482 on: October 19, 2013 10:43:07 AM »

So many nice things! I have such a hard time saving my points for the bigger items when I can get a one point thing at the moment.....just like in real life! Hahaha....loving all the crafty updates to the shops, I hopes to be buying some of it up soon!

Has anyone ever made pacifier clips? I am having a hard time finding the clip part. I found this kind =materials&ga_search_query=alligator_clips&ga_facet=alligator_clips&ga_includes[]=materials&ga_view_type=gallery]https://www.etsy.com/listing/79501700/alligator-clip-roach-clip-extension?ref=sr_gallery_43&ga_search_type=all&ga_includes[0]=materials&ga_search_query=alligator_clips&ga_facet=alligator_clips&ga_includes[]=materials&ga_view_type=gallery....but was curious what everyone thought about how I could make these baby friendly? Thinking maybe encasing it in felt so the clip still works but baby can't eat it? It will be attached to a flower, so one side will be covered....argh! I have tried looking everywhere already to find suspender clips or plastic clips and I am running out of time on this particular gift.

Anyhoo.....I might be adding these to the supply portion of my shop as well if I can't make them work as they are not worth returning haha.

My only other wish list item is maybe a burgundy tree skirt for my grandmother, she wanted me to sew one, which I can do, but if someone was willing to make a cooler one or had burgundy fabric for me to claim, that would be cool too Smiley

hmmm....that's tough. Generally they aren't clipped where baby can rip them off (kind of defeats the purpose of the clip. lol) but those might be tough on clothes if anything.
A garter belt clip would be a good choice too. They are soft, flat and are meant to clip on delicate fabric.

OH! and I found these! https://www.etsy.com/listing/57027460/25-mix-plastic-square-pacifiersuspender?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=supplies_low&gclid=CNyUhYuDoboCFRFxQgod50kAnQ

Those are PERFECT! Thanks lxm! I might just need those to make baby presents FOREVER! It's so much fun Smiley

I'll probably need some too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: October 19, 2013 05:09:43 PM »

Finished the first baby cardi...err..well still need to sew buttons on but done with the crocheting part! It's pretty cute. Will post a picture when I get my camera out.

Letting some more bug wings dry... Roll Eyes Grin

Now to find another pattern to tackle for a day trip down to Ohio tomorrow..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squidget
« Reply #484 on: October 19, 2013 10:29:22 PM »

Added more supplies to my shop, bullet casings, a magazine, alligator clip pack and an option for a custom carved stamp!

Also, put the magazine and two purse making books on sale for 1/4 point each!

I may be offering pacifier clips after all because I just had to buy those ones suggested, so that may be an option soon! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #485 on: October 20, 2013 09:14:14 PM »

I updated my shop with more cowls and a sale on onsies
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Grab a coffee

« Reply #486 on: October 22, 2013 02:20:18 AM »

Updated my shop with some fabrics:
Blue with small white flowers
measurements: 38 cm x 120 cm (approx.)
0,5 points:

Pink (crinkly)
measurements: 70 cm x 140 cm (approx)
                     70 cm x 90 cm (approx)
0,5 points / each:

Squares:
measurements: 85 cm x 180 cm (approx)
1 point:

Flowers (some patchwork style):
measurements: 30 cm x 90 cm (approx)
0,5 points:

Blue and green
measurements: 80 cm x 100 cm (approx)
0,5 points:

Red retro circles
measurements: 120 cm x 180 cm (approx)
1 point:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #487 on: October 22, 2013 02:34:01 AM »

I would love to join one of these swaps, but am a bit confused. I am looking for a seasoned member to mentor me via PM and help me to know what to do?  Huh
I still need to get my camera up and working, but as soon as I do...brand new and new to me, I would be ready to participate in the next one. I will continue to try to follow along here, so I have a better idea. But anyone willing to help me with questions so that I don't clog the thread?Huh That would be greatfully appreciated. Cyber dummy sometimes. Sorry. I mean well.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: October 22, 2013 05:27:09 AM »

Any interest in some beautiful undyed yarn that is perfect for dyeing and felting? I have 3 or 4 huge skeins that I could put in my shop if there's interest...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #489 on: October 22, 2013 09:08:11 AM »

Any interest in some beautiful undyed yarn that is perfect for dyeing and felting? I have 3 or 4 huge skeins that I could put in my shop if there's interest...

I would be interested! I use yarn for testing dye vats Smiley

ps. Your slug is having colors added - this is the part that takes the most time. Then he gets felted up!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013 09:09:01 AM by ptarmic wumpus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are Gel Nails Safe?
Youth-Obsessed Fashion Brands Are Embracing The Beauty Of Aging
Are Age & Beauty Standards Changing?
How Oscar Nominees Get Their Skin Red Carpet Ready
Molly Sims Gives Her Beauty Product Picks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...