A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: STS Winter Market 2013 Discussion Thread  (Read 47568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lo{ve}
« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2013 04:25:40 PM »

Wow artista, great feedback for everyone! I love how excited you get about this swap  Cheesy
I am definitely going to claim some of your face buttons, they're just so clever! But first I need to buy something I put on hold in another shop and then ship some claims in order to buy things!

I'm going to make some mug rugs this weekend as I have just fallen in love with making them (yes I know I'm a little late on that one!) any specific types people might like?

I also just found an entire box of craft supplies that I hadn't opened since I moved and forgot about! So I'll be posting a lot of that when I get home tomorrow!

Does anyone happen to have any soap making supplies? I've been reading a lot about it the past couple days and while it scares me a little I really want to give it a shot! I'll take anything like molds, thermometers, oils, gloves, etc!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2013 04:30:59 PM »

artista: I have some other colors, I'm sure. I just thought that was the "easiest" wool for beginners. Some wool is harder to spin than others.
I need to check my stash for some needles. What yarn do you have in your stash, so I know which size needles to look for?
(if you just send me the names I can figure out the weights)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts winter Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
artista83
« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2013 04:59:58 PM »

love- i do have some soap melts. like circle things you melt down into molds, but i do not have directions it is just the soap bar things that came in the kit, nothing else. and i have all kinds of molds but i think they are candy molds, although they would work for soaps too. i will look and see. the soap is variations of green. kinda heavy though, out of curiosity what country are you in again?

mug rug, with mug cosies, omg brain fart i cant think of what they are called. is it cozies? goes around the coffee cup.

matching cozie/ rug sets would be cool. i do not know about anyone else but i would like manly. i have an idea for you! you know those fathers day paper cards that people make that look like a colared shirt and tie? i would love a cozie for a coffie cup that looks like that, and a mug rug that looks like that! just look at fathers day cards on pinterest for inspiration. can you immagine! could even use real tie parts or fake just omg would be sooo cool! since i know the person wont see i will let you know what inspired that idea. for the hp swap, i made my partner a gryfindor purse that looks like that fathers day card! the zipper is at the collar, it has gryfindor color tie, white collared shirt with a sweater over it, and it has a bronze lionhead with a hoop coming out of its mouth for a keyholder that looks like an emblem pin!

so after making that (hand stitched took forever omg!!!!) it made me think of the cozie and mug rug combo! i think we really need more man stuff in here! and we need some stuff for boys! i keep seeing stuff i personally like and want. but i have a girl in junior high, a son that is 8 and a 7 month old. and a hubby i am shopping for! i have something set up for baby didi atm. really struggling to find for husband and son! i found some things in shop for daughter and pmed about it. so if you made that set for me, i WANT IT FOR HUBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i do not recommend doing xmas patterned anything, although it fits for the season, people will want something they can use year round! although correct me if i am wrong ppls!

note to loud. well crap! my yarn box is kinda burried in the basement atm. i have all different sizes. hmm is there a standard size? they were all given to me so i do not really know, many did not come with the paper wrapping.

i do like that spinning kit, but it is too much for me to afford right now. i will be getting 3 points tomorrow but i have some things i requested i absolutely need for xmas gifts.  i guess yeah i am a total newbie to that, i havent ever spun, i just think it is cool. i more have an interest in sets of fibers that people use for spinning but i would use for another purpose, such as art doll hair and such. so if you have lil packs you can put together with different color fibers or whatnot that would be more up my ally. maybe you could have it in your shop as pick such amount for such amount or whatnot. i like different colors, i have fake doll hair in black, yellow stuff like that so i am looking for unnatural colors. i have no idea how to use that lil wheel thingy. i just have a deer in headlights reaction to starter sets bc i really do love trying new things lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
squidget
« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2013 05:03:06 PM »

I do have a few soap making supplies

*I got this great booklet from FlashleyAshley in a DIY kit swap a few years back, it has instructions for melt and pour, bath tea, salt scrub, liquid hand soap, massage bar, bath bombs, lip balm, fragrance stones, stick deodorant, solid dog shampoo bar, and cold process soap (the down side is the book is saturated with scents from shipping and is a little dirty, but it smells great haha) also has info on online resources
*2 Pipettes
*Red, blue, and yellow colorings
* Scents: Romantic, cucumber melon, chamomile and lemongrass
*Thermometer
*and a mold for a bath bomb
*Borax needed for some recipes
*Ducky mold
Let me know if you (or anyone) are interested!

I second that there are LOTS of things I want currently from shops, that's why I keep changing my shop up to try to get more points! Everyone here is soooo talented!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013 05:06:47 PM by squidget » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2013 05:30:52 PM »

I could put together a little kit of different colored wools/fibers for your doll heads, for sure!

I have been running around like a crazy lady all day nesting. My poor husband. I keep making him get up and lift heavy things for me  Roll Eyes

Just finishing up buttons of baby vest I finished last week after TOTALLY gutting the last remaining mess in the nursery, adding some decoration stuff, doing a load of laundry and taking MORE stash busting pix for my shop (added hair clips, jewelry and button bobby pins) Keeping the prices low to MOVE. Help me make room for baby!

and here is the vest I made:

OH! I have a cheese-making kit too...Any takers?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013 05:31:51 PM by loudxmouse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

squidget
« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2013 05:44:21 PM »

On the subject of manly items, I can make wallets and messenger bags off the top of my head. I do have some men's/unisex shirts that I have left over from last round if anyone would  be interested....

I only have very few sizes available and no screens or stencils left to make more
Dark green robot (tag says S, but same size as the Med)
Teal robot (Men's/unisex Size M, I have 2, one messed up, would sell for .25 point)
Red Monster truck (Men's/unisexsize L)
Bride Of Frankie "distressed"(Men's/unisex S)
Blue Dancing Dino (Youth L, I have 2)
Scoop neck robot (Ladies S)
Bride of Frankie Drip (Youth M, messed up, would sell for .25 point)

If anyone is interested, other than the two for .25 point, the rest will be 1/2 point Smiley.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2013 05:56:58 PM »

I found DPNS for you squidget!

I am looking for yarn and a pattern to go with them
(you too artista! I think I will just send you yarn so you get the right gauge for the yarn, less guessing. What colors would you like your fingerless gloves to be?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squidget
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2013 05:59:53 PM »

I found DPNS for you squidget!

I am looking for yarn and a pattern to go with them
(you too artista! I think I will just send you yarn so you get the right gauge for the yarn, less guessing. What colors would you like your fingerless gloves to be?)

WooHoo!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2013 06:10:20 PM »

squigets soap supplies are totally more awsome that what i have! i recomend hers. if you still want more let me know and i will list the measly amount i have, nothing anywhere near as spiffy as hers! i gotta check out the updates. i have some pics to correct in my shop tonight!

oy! damn camera! loud i am going to check out stuffs in shops now!

hmm. my hubby is really into computers and computer games. there is this damn thing he keeps saying when he is playing his game. maybe a shirt that sais (I been Promoted!) litterally that is how he sais it lmao he is a mason so he is kinda muscular so i need a size mens large. it would be amazingly awsome if you happened to have a green or tan cammoflage shirt that those words could be stenciled on! it is an army game he sais it to ALL THE TIME. do not fret if you do not have the stuff to make one it is ok.  or what could work is a mens black, or olive or dark green with a stencil of an army hat/ sniper gun or something with those words? no idea just trying to think something he would actually wear. or it could be a shirt that sais "watch out! that guy has a six grenade rocket launcher!" lmao i am just spouting off things he sais out loud while playing lmao. he talks on a microphone to his gamer buds lmao

hahahaha. these are just ideas, i know some have long words. just ideas. do not feel pressured to make them. if you already had the stuff or saw super cheap like .25cents at a thrift store type thing is why i mentioned them.

ok this one is a lil ridiculous but i swear he just yelled it out. kinda vulgar but i am over here laughing. he just said "teabag teabag teabag!" lmao apparently in the game, when they shoot someone they gamer teabag them. omg! eek!

how funny would it be for a shirt to say that and have stencilled couple teabags! hahahaahahahaha or "watch out for teabags" lmao men i tell ya!

hmm, well i love earth colors ie maroon, olive, brown, tan, mustard and burnt pumpkin,greys, or multi colored yarn, not bright though more earthy multi. are my favorite colors. not bright orange, i cant think of the real color name. but i have a fingerless clove pinterest board, some even have patterns! i just do not have a printer and i prefur printed directions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2013 06:11:11 PM »

what is a dpns? curious

anyone have any ideas of things they would like to see in my shop?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Aboriginal Style drawing Part 2
How to Make an Aboriginal Style drawing Part 3
How to MASTER Drawing an Eye in 5 minutes
How to Oil Paint - Varnishing and Signing
How to Oil Paint - Cast Shadows, Stems and Edges
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...