A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet vs Amigurumi Swap Gallery  (Read 6384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013 05:38:58 PM »

Wow wow wow. That's it, just wow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
jkaywiz
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013 08:15:55 PM »

Yes I agree WOW!  Makes me look bad!  Embarrassed LOL!!!  One for the first time was enough for me...If there were more clothes patterns out there but I am not good at drafting my own patterns.  Tenitsu you did great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013 08:26:13 PM »

=^.^=

Her little zills is a combination of small shank buttons (the kind you cover the button part with fabric) I pulled the shank off the back of the metal insert and e6000'd some white ribbon into a loop using the lil metal insert, once that set up I glued the insert with the ribbon attached into the button part of the combo and bam =D

Sadly I didnt get all the work I wanted to do done on em, I wanted to bead the flowers on the guy's pants not just the stems n leaves but ran out of time =D
I offically HATE sequins haha, those indeed took forever...aprox 4 days of putting those damn things on XD

I've got some extra shots of the details on them (except their underwear haha!)

Though honnestly....the fingers took the absolute longest time out of the entire mess....I probably went through 2yrds of fabric trying to make fingers XD damn things kept splitting into billions of little frayed pieces lol...finally got a pair each that didnt so to be safe I put a wee bit of e6000 on the seams just to be sure....well some fingers split but not bad enough I couldnt repair them and seal em up anyway haha =D

And jkaywiz, Im only as "good" as drafting patterns for these poppets as I am because I draft up clothes for myself and my daughter, and my mom n aunt XD I've had a little practice making something out of nothing haha (Ive made a few articles of clothing with no pattern draft at all just random shapes I somehow made into the stuff I made it into XD) Im crazy analytical when it comes to something I like so most anything I can figure out how to make with enough time to look at it =D (its a curse... I often get into crazy projects and have a ton of stuff laying around unfinished cause something new caught my attention loool!!)

=^.^= I'm glad you love them smeddley! and ofc everyone else hehehe! Ive been in total panic mode over whether or not I did a good job this time =O
I know I'll sleep goooood tonight *has epic confidence boost now*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013 07:21:14 AM »

I am absolutely loving the tardis, the doctor, and the bellydancers!! This swap has produced some AMAZING results so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013 08:12:05 AM »

Love the start of the gallery. Such wonderful work I only hope mine holds up as well. I'm so nervous now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobbysgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013 08:38:24 AM »

If there were more clothes patterns out there but I am not good at drafting my own patterns.

This could not be more true for me too! Some people have been really generous with sharing patterns that they've made and they work wonderfully for some poppets. But when you try to make a "themed" one you're pretty much on your own.

And WOW on the belly dancing poppets - they are amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013 08:58:02 AM »

Not was I spoiled, but my little girl and my baby cousin were spoiled too!!

Just loook at that awesomeness!!!

The larger white and pink one is Terriormon, and was totally for my little girl (who btw snatched it and went straight for a nap, after ofc giving her a hug and a good night kiss XD!!)

Terriormon (with pink accents instead of green for my little Riza-bean)

Doughnut!!! Riza will love this when she wakes up! I'm collecting felt/crocheted food for this handmade kitchen for her that I'm working on (we're building her, her very own bedroom so I'm makin some totally cool stuff to go in it =D)

Octopus!! Omg how cute is this!! I might send this along to Egypt with my mother for my baby brother (who's birthday is next month! He'll be 2 finally, wish I could be there but I will atleast have a birthday gift for him if he isnt home by then!!)

The adorable little orange Tiger for my blind cousin Dakota! He was abused and is blind as a result, so CPS is horribly stringent on the types of toys we're allowed to get for him (thankfully this one is TOTALLY ALLOWED!) and is safe for him, with no parts he can choke on =)

(not sure why this one out of all of them is a little blurry... I'll get a better one after I charge my camera ha ha I apparently forgot to charge it XD)

And for the final picture of total epic cuteness, Sleepy little Riza with her new toy (she even ditched her pooh-bear which she's always slept with since the day she was born!! I'd say she loves this thing!!)

I WISH I could crochete this good! Her stitches are sooooo freaking NEAT!! I cant even tell where she changed colors or nothing (maybe I'm just stupid when it comes to finding the spots though... I've only crocheted like...2 toys ever haha and they were so basic XD they dont even compare!!) I barely found the stitches to put the eyes on Terriormon thats how good she is!!

Talk about spoiled!! Smeddley doll, you definitely had no worries about what you sent, this stuff is totally EPIC!! Aside from her MLP's, Ive never seen Riza ditch pooh-bear during naptime ever...like in 2 1/2 years she's never ditched pooh for any toy...she's brought multiple to sleep with but pooh was always the one she hugged...so yeah I'd say thats some epicness right there in itself ! I will totalllllly be itching to swap with you again!! (my birthday is comming up too ^.~ hehehe)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Bobbysgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013 09:47:36 AM »

I am sooooo jealous of everybody's crochet skills!! Love all the toys and the sweet little one Smiley Really happy for your little cousin Dakota too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013 11:51:46 AM »

Your daughter is precious!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013 02:28:53 PM »

Your daughter is precious!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

I know!!! First thing she did when she woke up and saw that doughnut was put it on terriormon's horn haha!! My husband was crackin up XD then 2 hours later, my brother did the same thing hahaha!! My family is so weird XD Went to the store to get some stuff for my garden and Riza demanded that Terriormon come with lol I'd say she reallllllllly likes it =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mom Hacks: Chalk Eggs
Creative Easter Centerpieces
How to Make Marbled Easter Eggs
How to Make Golden Glitter Easter Eggs
How to Make Lace Easter Eggs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...