A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MINI 12 Days of Christmas Swap 2013 -- Send Outs 11/27/13  (Read 68666 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #490 on: September 21, 2013 06:58:51 PM »

I don't remember what my first crafts were... I feel like my mom was always making something, stenciling, playing with felt, gluing stuff.

I do remember when we were very little, she would cut out construction paper shapes for us and we would paste them on paper and create a scene or collage!

So far, I still have no crafting done, but things have been nuts.  I have one more other swap to finish up this week, and then it's Christmas all the time!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Renstar
« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2013 12:50:46 AM »

I realised I didn't answer the question, my first craft was sewing, I used to make clothes for my dolls.

I remember my mum teaching me to knit when I was 13 but I hated it. Now I find it quite relaxing. Currently knitting a pair of legwarmers for the colder seasons, you can never have too many in my opinion.  Wink

I am using a variety of crafts in this swap if I follow my current list  Smiley

Although, yesterday I fell out with one of my items, it just didn't want to behave. No progress so far this weekend. I am going to swap to a different item and come back to that one later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Breegy

Craft On!

« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2013 11:15:01 AM »

My first craffft, well, I discovered I was artsy in the first place when I was about 8 or 9 and I was watching Dragonball Z on VHS. I paused it on a screen of freeza and decided I would try and draw him. It actually turned out really well and I still have it somewhere. After that, i slowly started dabbling in different things, but I think the thing that REALLY made me want to further anything is inviting my best friend over and making magazine collages. Of course, this was the 90's and I was a teenager, so nailpolish and magazines were the most readily available crafting supplies. I didnt discover craft stores until I was about 17, and I'm 25 now.

I finally went shopping for this swap! I got all of my supplies, and I now have 1 medium, 2 smalls, and 2 larges left to make! Hopefully I've allowed myself enough time... I had to improvise on the supplies for a large as i couldn't find what I needed anywhere, so *hopefully* it works out as I had planned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2013 07:01:10 PM »

Did anyone get in trouble over their crafting?  Other than the harassing of a parental figure or other adult to teach or get stuff of course...  I drove my mom crazy begging her to teach me to knit.

I have a distinct memory of when I was young wandering about in the basement and finding this great box of beautiful floral fabric.  I cut swathes of it to make into dolls clothes only to find out that it was bought by mom to make curtains for our new house.  She was MADMADMAD and the basement and I learned to be very good friends for awhile.  Then she had a pro come in and make custom made drapes instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2013 08:21:01 PM »

I remember distinctly an event when I drew a picture on our fireplace (God, I've always hated paper as a medium to use  Cheesy) and my mother was LIVID.  Of course, at the time I had no idea that they were trying to sell the house.  I was literally like 3 at the time.

Mostly I remember when I fell in love with oil pastels and used up all my mother's.  She thought I colored too hard with them (which I found to be the fun of it) and refused to get me any or let me use any of her new ones.  This happened when I was in middle school I think and I stopped using them until this summer - my mom asked what I wanted for my birthday, I told her it was past time to buy me new oil pastels  Cheesy

Otherwise there were little incidents where I would destroy a magazine or something like that in error but nothing major that I recall (though mom kept her heavy-duty and expensive stuff, like for her batik paintings, out of my range).  Mostly my mom was pretty supportive (and still is), especially since I'm the only one of her four children who enjoys making things like she does.  She actually has made several comments over the past couple of years about how much she loves talking craft with me (which is a big deal since we don't have a tremendous amount in common).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2013 03:26:55 AM »

I love that you share that with your mom.  Mine sews and knits, and likes that I make things (she asked me for one of my crocheted floor rugs for an exercise mat last year - I got her a yoga mat and made the bag for it instead - felt that was safer), but for her, they are practical things, and she doesn't make for the sake of making.  Other than to comment once in awhile about how she wished she learned to crochet when she saw me doing it, or that she liked a bee mobile I made when I was younger.  I think she hated the clutter of my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
legatostroke
« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2013 04:31:06 AM »

Anything I learned in elementary school art class I would come home and repeat. I remember weaving on a little cardboard loom. I also remember that in second grade we had free time early in the morning and I would spend it cutting heart shapes out of this cool multi-colored construction paper and fashioning them into dogs. Every single day. Mom, at the time, did plastic canvas so I did a little of that. I never did have the patience for it so there is probably still an unfinished flying saucer and alien puppet set floating around. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
margiej
« Reply #497 on: September 23, 2013 08:51:54 AM »

My first craft thing was making doll clothes and then doll houses out of cardboard boxes. didn't have many craft supplies, colored construction paper bits from school were a treat and glue was flour and water paste! sewing will be used in this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #498 on: September 23, 2013 03:54:57 PM »

yeah, my family was never crafty. I did the drawing stuff but that was it. I didn't really know anyone who crafted and my mom didn't start crocheting unitl after I was married. I was also too busy with sports - HUGE. Every day was another practice and I consistently did several in the same season. However, I think if I would have had some sort of crafts type thing at home then I would have done it also. I currently have a craft cabinet for my kids with all different types of stuff in it, mostly from my left over things, fabric scraps and bits of yarn. My oldest likes to make "fairy houses" out of them with shoe boxes and glued on stones and gems, dried flowers and coins. I love it but sometimes it gets messy. Then I look at all of MY crap and hers isn't so bad lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #499 on: September 23, 2013 07:25:24 PM »

I'm really  proud of myself tonight, I actually got two smalls finished and third started today, so yay! I was feeling so left out since I read some people are actually finished and i hadn't even started (bad me). I do have a big mess though!  Angry Angry   now my keyboard is messing up  so drat!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wrap Gifts with Cellophane
How to Make Ribbons into Bows
How to Wrap Flowers
How to Gift Wrap a CD
How to Gift Wrap Small Items
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...